Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Yeoman

There are two sides to every story. We have only read what IBC had to say about her negative experience. What I have learned from posters on the VTG message board for her cruise was that there was a woman causing problems on the message board. I think it was that woman that caused the whole problem on their VTG message board. Dixie the manager of VTG just sent a public statement to all of them to behave or they would be banned from the message board. IBC thought the message was sent to her personally. When Dixie wants to tell someone specifically something she will send a private message to them. If IBC was sent a private message then that is different. She can't say that the public message was MEANT FOR HER BECAUSE IT WASN'T. It was meant for all the catty gals on the message board.
We don't really know the true story. We don't have all the evidence like in a trial case. So it is really hard to say what really happened. If IBC felt she was being discriminated against then that was her real experience. But we can't judge VTG without knowing their side of the story. We will never know because they have to be careful of getting into a lawsuit.
It is really hard for African-Americans to get envolved in this situation since they don't know the two sides of the story.
All we can do is say we are sorry for IBC's negative experience.
Old August 20th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Yeoman

I have read this whole thread and taken a few days to think things over. First I would like to say that it saddens me that IBC has had such a negative experience either perceived or otherwise. I have always found her to be quite pleasant and informative on the message boards.

That said, I find it extremely hard to believe that anyone on the message board for her cruise made a racist posting and was not banned from the sight. This would be a sad state of affairs for the whole VTG experience and I have a hard time believing this.

Again I am just sorry that IBC had such a bad experience as she was obvoiusly very upset about it and no matter what that makes it real to her!
Old August 20th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Passenger

This was written by a black gentleman in Texas
And it is funny. What a great sense of humor
And creativity!!!
When I was born, I was BLACK ,
When I grew up, I was BLACK ,
When I went in the sun, I stayed BLACK,
When I got cold, I was BLACK ,
When I was scared, I was BLACK ,
When I was sick, I was BLACK ,
And when I die, I'll still be BLACK .
NOW, You "white" folks....
When you're born, you're PINK,When you grow-up, you're WHITE ,
When you go in the sun, you get RED,
When you're cold, you turn BLUE,
When you're scared, you're YELLOW,
When you get sick, you're GREEN,
When you bruise, you turn PURPLE ,
And when you die, you look GRAY.
So who y'all callin'
C OL OR E D folks?
Old August 28th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Yeoman

Okay, everybody, this has all got way out of line. You are starting to get personal, and when that happens, the post will be removed.

I have never heard anything negative about VTG as I have been reading in certain postings. I have been on several of their cruises, know Dixie personally, and she could never have behaved in the way in which she has been depicted.

Please. Let's drop it here and now. If the person complaining doesn't want to go on whatever cruise they are booked on, I am sure VTG will make some kind of refund.

Pat Hagan
Cruisemates Singles Editor
Old August 28th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Hagan Singles Editor
Okay, everybody, this has all got way out of line. You are starting to get personal, and when that happens, the post will be removed.

I have never heard anything negative about VTG as I have been reading in certain postings. I have been on several of their cruises, know Dixie personally, and she could never have behaved in the way in which she has been depicted.

Please. Let's drop it here and now. If the person complaining doesn't want to go on whatever cruise they are booked on, I am sure VTG will make some kind of refund.

Pat Hagan
Cruisemates Singles Editor
Thank You! 8)
Old August 29th, 2007, 04:04 AM
Yeoman

I also know Dixie personally and she would never publicly single out anybody on a message board. I feel bad for her because she works so hard for us singles to have fun on the VTG SINGLES HOSTED CRUISES.
Dixie is not a racist and I know that for a fact. Angelgal
Old August 29th, 2007, 07:06 PM
Passenger

Yep I agree. If you dont want to go on the cruise don't go. If you dont like organized activity dont go on a ORGANIZED singles cruise. Dixie does work very hard to accomodate a lot of personalities like all of the rest of the hosts. beleive me it is NOT a cake job like everyone thinks it is. Do your research before you go on any company cruise. Good Luck and HAPPY CRUISING! Logan