Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Admiral

Default Angel - You didn't warn me about VTG

So far on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest mark and 1 being the lowest, VTG single cruise department gets a negative 2 (-2)!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Where is this company based out of?

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:05 PM
First Mate

can you please provide source(s) where I can read more about VTG review?
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCalBear
can you please provide source(s) where I can read more about VTG review?
Angel and I went back and forth regarding single cruise organizations back when I first signed up with CM. She has been on a few and, based on her recommendation and several other CM members, I cancelled my solo cruise and paid $125 more to cruise with this group. Bad idea.

Well stick a fork in me b/c I am done. From the beginning I felt an attitude of relunctance on VTG's part but now I am thoroughly convinced that I do not fit the demographics of the type of people they are trying to attract. I think they sold me a ticket because they had to, not because they wanted to.

Wont happen again.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Yeoman

I am not really clear on what the problem is you are referring to.

VTG is located in Houston, Texas. They have more than 200 agents. It is a
VTG attracts singles from all over the USA, CANADA, PHILIPINES, with their service who have cruised with them. We have several singles here who have cruised with them.
There are several VTG singles here who can back me up on how much fun they had with them.
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:49 PM
First Mate

Awwww ...Here's a daisy flower for you..cheer up...

#)--;-------

I will have my first cruise with VTG on Jan 27th. I will let you and other readers know what I think after the cruise ...
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:54 PM
booboo4031

I don't know what kind of problems you encountered.. but if you had a problem with the agent you were dealing with... you can change agent at VTG.

I have always dealt with Dixie and have never had any problems... Like Lucie said... what kind of trouble did you run into??

diane
Old August 15th, 2007, 06:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
Hey Cruisergal, what is the problem? Which vtg cruise did you sign up for because if there is still time you can cancel out of your cruise without losing any money. VTG doesn't charge a fee to cancel out of a cruise. It is the cruiseline that will charge a cancel fee if you cancel after their deadline.

Did you already cruised with a VTG Singles group?

I am not really clear on what the problem is you are referring to.

VTG is located in Houston, Texas. They have more than 200 agents. It is a large travel company that has great customer service and if you have any complaints about them you should talk to a manager to get you out of a vtg singles cruise that you have signed up for. They aim to please their customers.

VTG attracts singles from all over the USA, CANADA, PHILIPINES, AUSTRALIA, ETC. Their Hosted singles group aims to please everybody in their cruise groups when we get on the ship. Their singles program is new like two years ago it was started.

There are lots of satisfied customers who are happy with their service who have cruised with them. We have several singles here who have cruised with them.
There are several VTG singles here who can back me up on how much fun they had with them.
Can you please be more clear what the problem is because how can I defend VTG if I am not clear on what the problem is? Angelgal
It is not a possibility for me to cancel at this point b/c I cruise every year for my b-day which is during this week. I already had this cruise booked and a great Cat 1A cabin selected when I got such good reports back from you and a few others re: VTG.

The first time I called, the person I spoke to was not very friendly at all.

The first time I sent an email after I had booked, the person who was supposed to be my contact, ignored my email and I had to send it out three times and then speak to Dixie to get a half answer to my concerns. Hmmmm, now why would he/they ignore my email????

Then they opened up their group forum board and conveniently neglected to send me the information so that I could sign up. When I called and asked about the forum board, at first the customer service person tried to claim it didn't exist. It was not until I asked to speak to someone else did he admit that the board was up and running and I should have gotten an email. He then sent me the necessary email.

O.K. I made one or two posts on their forum board. I also made the mistake of posting a picture. I am the only person of color on this cruise. Out of the blue, some chick attacks me totally uncalled for. Well, rather than the other members either staying out of it, before I could respond they are all patting her back and telling her how wonderful she is (very much like Cruise Critic). O.K. no problem, I send an post explaining the situation, not nasty but explaining that I was trying to include everyone in an fun adventure on the island of nassau (I guess some people on this cruise felt I was out of place and not staying "in my station").

Still no big deal. Well then the manager Dixie Turner, sends out a post that basically says to me that either I accept the bashing or she will remove me from the board. It is too convenient that the only black person on this cruise and on this board is also (a) the only person flamed and (b) the only person threatened.

I asked where this company is based out of because there is a mentality that goes with certain regions of the country.

Removed. Confrontational conflict.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old August 15th, 2007, 06:47 PM
First Mate

please do not judge everything bad yet. you might of had some bad advise from vtg reps. you know a lot about cruiseing. just because you are of color and others are not who cares go and enjoy yourself
Old August 15th, 2007, 07:08 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin c
please do not judge everything bad yet. you might of had some bad advise from vtg reps. you know a lot about cruiseing. just because you are of color and others are not who cares go and enjoy yourself
[Besides, the whole idea of color is bull_sh!t anyway. What should we call white people? "People of no color"? Isn't pink a color? In fact, white people are not really white at all, they're different shades of pink, olive, and beige. In other words, they're colored. And black people are rarely black. I see mostly different shades of brown and tan. In fact, some light skinned black people are lighter than the darkest white people. Look how dark the people in India are. They're dark brown, but they're considered white people. What's going on here? May I see the color chart? "People of color" is an awark, bull_sh!t, liberal-guilt phrase that obscures meaning rather than enchancing it. Shall we call fat people, "people of size"?

By the way, I think the whole reason we're encouraged in this country to think of ourselves as "black and white" (instead of "pink and brown," which is what we are) is that black and white are complete opposites that cannot be reconciled. Black and white can never come together. Pink and brown, on the other hand, might just stand a chance of being blended, might just come together] -- George Carlin

I love having a photographix memory ;-) just quoting an excerpt from George Carlin's book. Great book!!!
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:12 PM
First Mate

IBCRUZIN, I too am a person of color who as 2 cruises under my belt. I never experienced what you have gone through, at least not yet.

My suggestion is not to give up cruising with other singles no matter what color. I have been on boards (not VTG) and have learned to make my presence know but to feel out the other people who I will be cruising. Remembering that this is a single cruise and you will get people putting photos and information on the site to attract the opposite sex. People will judge you good or bad by that same photo and message that you post on the site. You can't judge the company or the people on the cruise by what is on the posting board.

You should go and have fun and not worry about what other people say. In short, ignore the board and just go on the cruise.
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:43 PM
Yeoman

Dixie Turner is not a racist because I know her personally. She can't control what anybody says on the message board. The only think she can do is if someone says something that could be dangerous to a person. Then she will ban that person from using the message board and they will not be invited to cruise again with them.

Some people can be real mean on a message board and then you meet them on the cruise ship and you don't hear a peep from them.

On this CruiseMate message board we have had some mean spirited people and we still do.
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:53 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlegator
IBCRUZIN, I too am a person of color who as 2 cruises under my belt. I never experienced what you have gone through, at least not yet.

My suggestion is not to give up cruising with other singles no matter what color. I have been on boards (not VTG) and have learned to make my presence know but to feel out the other people who I will be cruising. Remembering that this is a single cruise and you will get people putting photos and information on the site to attract the opposite sex. People will judge you good or bad by that same photo and message that you post on the site. You can't judge the company or the people on the cruise by what is on the posting board.

You should go and have fun and not worry about what other people say. In short, ignore the board and just go on the cruise.
Oh I will be on the cruise that is for sure. It is not the cruise, it is VTG's mentality and the people they attract. I am turned off by VTG, Dixie and the whole idea of putting a bunch of strangers together in forced activities. I am a social person and the party surrounds me. (I think that is what bothered that first bigot. I was organizing some stuff with several of the singles when she swooped in and attacked. I guess I stepped out of my station.) I will have no problem having a ball. However, I cruise solo so that I don't have to deal with dysfunctional personalities. I am surely not going to put up with a bunch of mental misfits just because I stupidly booked with VTG. No way that is going to happen. Therefore, stick a fork in me, I am done.

The fact that my customer service has been off from the beginning, I was the only person attacked on this VTG board, I was the only one not defended, the only one threatened and the only African American who had a picture posted is too much of a coincidence. So I will take it for what it is worth. The VTG single cruises are not for us!!!!

Dixie at VTG's post was badly timed and worded. There is only one person in the group that causes the trouble and Dixie ignored her inappropriate posts until I defended myself and then it was "if you argue, you will be removed." O.K. the post was to the whole group but because of the timing it appeared as though she was talking to me. Well, now, I am not going to be the little dark beating board in that group for a bunch of backward-thinking, narrow-minded, small-town ________. I didn't sign up for that.

I have already told my co-workers and several of my girlfriends about what transpired and VTG will not have to worry about any of us ever booking any type of vacation with them again for any reason because my friends either look just like me or are fully aware of what I am talking about!!!!

I will be writing a strongly worded letter of condemnation regarding the way Ms. Dixie handled the situation.

Right about now, there is no appeasing me. I wil go on the cruise but trust me, nothing I have to say about VTG and their single cruise department will be good.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old August 15th, 2007, 10:00 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
Cruiser gal, I would highly suggest that you call the top manager of the company. Don't ask for the Hosted Singles Manager. Ask for a top manager who deals with problems all the time.

I am pretty sure that you can still go on your cruise and get your money back that you paid extra for the Singles group. I am pretty sure that the extra money can be removed since it pays for the Hosted activities.

Ask to speak to Mr. Allen Fox who is the CEO of the company. He will get one of his top managers to speak with you unless you demand to speak to him. Most of the time he is out of town on a trip. I send him e-mails all the time. He answers me back.

Regarding the website.... some cruisers have had trouble getting into the message board. Some cruisers are not notified of the website until they complain. There are some glitches sometimes.

The website does attract some mean spirited trolls and it doesn't matter what color you are. The majority of the cruisers don't have time to participate in the message board. It is not until you get on the cruise that you will find singles from different cultural groups and some really nice people.
I don't judge the cruisers based on who is on the message board because when you board the cruise all those people on the message board seem to disappear on the ship. You will meet only the singles that are compatiable with you.

Dixie Turner is not a racist because I know her personally. She can't control what anybody says on the message board. The only think she can do is if someone says something that could be dangerous to a person. Then she will ban that person from using the message board and they will not be invited to cruise again with them.

Some people can be real mean on a message board and then you meet them on the cruise ship and you don't hear a peep from them.

On this CruiseMate message board we have had some mean spirited people who have attacked me with viciousness. I was able to deal with them. I reported them.
I also belong to other websites on different topics where I have been verbally attacked. I just don't talk to them anymore. I ignore them and I tell them not to read what I have to say.

I do want to say that I am truly sorry that you had a negative experience and you should talk to the owner of VTG.
You have had a negative personal experience and you should tell the owner of the company. Let me know how it goes. Hugz, Luci
Well, like I told Dixie, the message board backfire. They need to deep six the whole idea. If someone wants to meet a member of the opposite gender online in hopes of hooking up . . . well, that is what match.com is there for.

Dixie is not very bright. Based on what other cruisers on that board have emailed me, Dixie was supposed to have removed this particular individual long ago. She picks arguments with everyone and Dixie ignored her everytime until the little black girl had the nerve to defend herself and then it was a problem. Dixie is the problem and I plan to let Mr. CEO know. It was fine until she put herself in the middle of it.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old August 15th, 2007, 10:52 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Angel - You didn't warn me about VTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
So far on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest mark and 1 being the lowest, VTG single cruise department gets a negative 2 (-2)!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

iBcurz'n:

If I may offer my two cents:

1) go to www . bbb . org and convey your problems to 'em. BBB is very good helping customers with problems.

2) I'd also suggest angelgal and other CM users help you rectify this problem with VTG -- Since these people recommended you to VTG, then they should have the common courtesy to help you resolve this. What can angelgal and other CM users do to help? For starter, email [and] call VTG's management...trust me, if enough people call to complain, then VTG will try their best to make you happy.

and, if the above do not work, then make sure you let other users from other forums know about this. This will cripple VTG business. you can try...

good luck mate.
Old August 15th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:

iBcurz'n:

If I may offer my two cents:

1) go to www . bbb . org and convey your problems to 'em. BBB is very good helping customers with problems.

2) I'd also suggest angelgal and other CM users help you rectify this problem with VTG -- Since these people recommended you to VTG, then they should have the common courtesy to help you resolve this. What can angelgal and other CM users do to help? For starter, email [and] call VTG's management...trust me, if enough people call to complain, then VTG will try their best to make you happy.

and, if the above do not work, then make sure you let other users from other forums know about this. This will cripple VTG business. you can try...

good luck mate.
Appreciate your advice and will follow it closely. If you do a search of my posts in the singles forum, you will read my initial hesitation in doing a singles cruise.

My initial impression of singles cruises was of a collection of misfits, social outcasts and desparately lonely older women and men trying hard to pretend to finally have friends to hang out with. After reading Angelgal and company's post, I thought, "well maybe I am being a bit small-minded and will give it a try." Well, I haven't even gotten on the ship yet and I already know I won't like being around this group of "people". Dixie Turner really should have either nipped it in the bud at first signs that this person (Elizabeth) was a problem or left it to the members of this group to handle.

I always regret not following my first mind's thoughts.

One thing that Angel said that speaks volumes is that "VTG will not invite people back to cruise with them." That kills me because VTG doesn't own any cruiseships! How can they not allow someone to cruise? So this bunch of misfits is selective? Well, I must have booked on the "no black people cruise!" And, what type of person would need to be included in such an organization of losers? To me, that speaks volumes of the cliquish mentality that exists in this singles group organization. Who needs to be included in that set of folks. Had Angel made that comment before I cruised, I would not have joined up because I am not one of many or a follower but rather an unique individual with no need for a gang to have loads of fun. Nor, I do not need to be "invited" or "included" to enjoy myself.

And, if VTG knows that the mesage board can get testy, they should have either discontinued the practice of opening up a board or leave it for the members to work out amonst themselves. No one needed Ms. Dixie and her $0.001 cents.

I think I will stick to my initial impression of a collection of misfits and social outcasts trying desparately to be part of "the gang." At least for the VTG crowd and that is how I will explain this group to anyone who will listen.

VTG needs to get their act together.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old August 16th, 2007, 12:35 AM
First Mate

Quote:

Appreciate your advice and will follow it closely. If you do a search of my posts in the singles forum, you will read my initial hesitation in doing a singles cruise.

My initial impression of singles cruises was of a collection of misfits, social outcasts and desparately lonely older women and men trying hard to pretend to finally have friends to hang out with. After reading Angelgal and company's post, I thought, "well maybe I am being a bit small-minded and will give it a try." Well, I haven't even gotten on the ship yet and I already know I won't like being around this group of "people". Dixie Turner really should have either nipped it in the bud at first signs that this person (Elizabeth) was a problem or left it to the members of this group to handle.

One thing that Angel said that speaks volumes is that "VTG will not invite people back to cruise with them." That kills me because VTG doesn't own any cruiseships! How can they not allow someone to cruise? So this bunch of misfits is selective? Well, I must have booked on the "no black people cruise!" And, what type of person would need to be included in such an organization of losers? To me, that speaks volumes of the cliquish mentality that exists in this singles group organization. Who needs to be included in that set of folks. Had Angel made that comment before I cruised, I would not have joined up because I am not one of many or a follower but rather an unique individual with no need for a gang to have loads of fun. Nor, I do not need to be "invited" or "included" to enjoy myself.

And, if VTG knows that the mesage board can get testy, they should have either discontinued the practice of opening up a board or leave it for the members to work out amonst themselves. No one needed Ms. Dixie and her $0.001 cents.

I think I will stick to my initial impression of a collection of misfits and social outcasts trying desparately to be part of "the gang." At least for the VTG crowd and that is how I will explain this group to anyone who will listen.

Your [observation] is very acurate. However, you may have burned several bridges with these readers from CM. I've learned people can't handle the truth, therefore you need to [sugar-coat the truth and just present the facts in order to achieve the objective]. Bottom line, tone down your emotion next time Just another friendly advice from a young foolish monkey ;-)

if what you said is true, imagine they forget to take their daily medications...they may go PMS on you. I'd suggest you watch your back. Again, best wishes and cruise well
Old August 16th, 2007, 01:20 AM
Yeoman

I guess I didn't make myself clear.... what I meant was that people can be baned from cruiseing with the VTG Group. People are not banned from cruising on ships. I want to make that clear.
Old August 16th, 2007, 05:40 AM
First Mate

IBCRUZIN, you have to come to the realization that you MAYBE the only African-American on a single cruise and you have to expect people who are not receptive to you. If the TA is VTG, SC or CFL I don't use it for them I use the companies for the experience of cruising.

Don't take the pre-cruise boards too seriously, no matter what events you want to plan people will do one of 3 things for the duration of the cruise:

1. The form small groups (or clicks)

2. They pair up

3. They do things solo

The plans made on the board can fall through as soon as you step on the ship. Don't stick too much with the plans you make on the pre-cruise board.

Again, just go on the cruise and enjoy, the alternative is to stay home and be bored.
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:

Your [observation] is very acurate. However, you may have burned several bridges with these readers from CM. I've learned people can't handle the truth, therefore you need to [sugar-coat the truth and just present the facts in order to achieve the objective]. Bottom line, tone down your emotion next time Just another friendly advice from a young foolish monkey ;-)

if what you said is true, imagine they forget to take their daily medications...they may go PMS on you. I'd suggest you watch your back. Again, best wishes and cruise well
I thought you would feel like that. I got that in your first response.

Sugarcoat and true facts are oxymorons of each other.

Anyway, I am done with this subject. What I should have asked when taking the advice re: VTG single cruises was "are all people welcomed?" Coming from NYC, I didn't think to ask. my bad.

Subject dead.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old August 16th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Admiral

There is nothing you can say Angelgal.

Subject dead.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old August 16th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlegator
IBCRUZIN, you have to come to the realization that you MAYBE the only African-American on a single cruise and you have to expect people who are not receptive to you. If the TA is VTG, SC or CFL I don't use it for them I use the companies for the experience of cruising.

Don't take the pre-cruise boards too seriously, no matter what events you want to plan people will do one of 3 things for the duration of the cruise:

1. The form small groups (or clicks)

2. They pair up

3. They do things solo

The plans made on the board can fall through as soon as you step on the ship. Don't stick too much with the plans you make on the pre-cruise board.

Again, just go on the cruise and enjoy, the alternative is to stay home and be bored.
You are right but when the manager of the internet website jumps in and gangs up against me, then I take issue.

I have taken my concerns to a couple of boards I participate in that are marketed to minorities and have found people there know exactly what I am talking about.

However, the subject is dead on this board. You guys wouldn't understand.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Old August 16th, 2007, 02:37 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Billy Boy

IBCruzin, I am a member of that board you are speaking of and let me first say, I'm sorry you left. I have had conversations with you on this board and my impression of you was one of an experienced cruiser, a wealth of knowlege, and a very likeable person. I did not recognize you in the room because you had a different screen name, and your personna, writing style was very different. I am sorry you left our group, and that you feel that WE are all a bunch of Racist Misfits. Let me assure you that WE are all not. I would never be part of anything that discriminated against anyone solely because of their skin color. This was a Cat fight, women behaving badly, the mod stepped in when they saw things getting way too personal. Nobody asked you to leave the room, just for the personal attacks to stop. Just because you believe you are the only person who is different than everybody else, which you aren't, it gives you no right to label the group as a whole, or VTG, as racist misfits. I enjoy being with people who are different than me, different beliefs, different cultures, and different shades of skin. I imagine that as in real life, there are people on EVERY message board who discriminate against others who don't believe, act or look like they do. I won't begin to say racism doesn't exist, but I believe it is the minority that judges by the colr of one's skin, not the majority.

You had many friends on that board. I would hope you'd give those friends the benefit of the doubt. I hope we can still have that foo foo drink we talked about earlier. Bill
Old August 17th, 2007, 05:32 AM
Admiral

Default My experiance with VTG

Let me just say that I am booked on my 3rd cruise with Vacations to Go, I have had wonderful experiances with them and one bad one also with a troll on a past pre cruise chat board. There was a very disturbed individual on this board, and he was very threating towards several of the women and men. He was finally asked to leave the chat board. On the ship he was rather meak and mild. We all ignored him. I wished he had not gone as his presense made me very uncomfortable, but I think that Vacations to Go can't ban people from taking their cruises for liabilty reasons perhaps? Because of this experiance I don't spend much time on the message board, I find it best to meet people face to face and then you will really know what they are about. People can be bold when hiding behind a keyboard.

As for agents I've always been pretty happy.My favorite agent Romeo is not working in the singles department and I miss him cause he was the best! Dixie hosted last years Halloween cruise I was on she helped me a great deal on the ship, and was always upbeat and friendly. The prices are the lowest usually of the singles groups, and the groups are large, and the company has always been well organized from my experiance. The activitys were fun. I have cruised with one other singles company and had a good time, but I prefered VTG.

There were people of all races on last years Halloween cruise, black, white, asian,hispanic,indian, middle eastern etc... Ages ranged from 20- up to 70's. Most of the people booked this years Halloween cruise too because they had such a great time. I have made friends of all different races on their singles cruises and keep in touch with many people from around the country, and other countries.

Angelgirl is a friend of mine and she knows very well what discrimination is, she is not white but hispanic, she is very well educated, helped fight for womens rights, and has so much travel experiance we named her the "Matriarch of Crusing"! She has had passengers make racist remarks against her or about Hispanics in general. She doesn't let it ruin her trip, but she will eather ignore, or put someone in their place if need be. She is one of the sweetest ladies I know, she doesn't have a mean sprited bone in her body, and she simply told you her experiances of cruising. It's not fair to blame her, because not everyone will have the same experiance.

Some people make up their mind they are not going to have a good time, and then blame everyone else. If I don't like the group I simply do my own thing, or hang out with those I do like. I know that in the end we are ultimately responsible for our own happiness, we cannot change other people, or control them, we can only change our reactions to them.

Please do not judge the company or group by a few people who rubbed you wrong. Bring your concerns to Allen Fox, he does answer his emails. I think you may change your mind on the ship after you meet the rest of the group in person and I hope that you do enjoy your cruise.
Old August 17th, 2007, 10:52 AM
booboo4031

I agree with everything that showcat has just said. Every VTG cruise that I have been on has had a wide mix of ethnicities and ages. To make a generalization from a chat board that you will be the only person of color in the group is incorrect. Many people do not even log into the chat board.

I have a feeling that you are not going to have a good time on the cruise with this group because you have it burned in your mind that you already can't stand any of these people! If you walk in with that kind of an attitude, most people will see you as unapproachable.

You are not 'required' to attend any of the groups activities or to attend as as many as you like, but since you've never been on a singles cruise, don't but down groups of people that you've never had any direct interaction with. You may find that your impressions are in the mintority... and no not because you're a person of color... But from your previous posts.. you have labeled everyone that sails with the singles groups.

I hope you find a way to have a good time without doing so much complaining to ruin someone elses vacation.

Diane
Old August 17th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Yeoman

Showcat and Diane, thank you for your great response. VTG Singles is the number one favorite cruise group presently. I have already cruised with them 4 times and have two more future cruises planned with them.

Hey Showcat and Diane.... have lots of fun on your cruise that is coming up soon with VACATIONSTOGO.COM HOSTED SINGLES. YEAH!!! ANGELGAL
Old August 17th, 2007, 07:09 PM
Admiral

Default Give the cruise group a chance

You really need to give this cruise a chance IBCRUISER. Angelgal and Showcat are really nice people and have given a lot of good usefull information on these boards during the times I have been on. Any cruise vacation to me is fun! I always look forward to my next adventure. Bob
Old August 18th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

IBCRUISER,

Seems like you have an ax to grind about those of us who are white and live south of the Mason Dixon line. Not all of us are a bunch of rednecks. You stereotyping a certain area of the country is another form of the discrimination you supposedly feel you've been a victim of.

Shelby
Old August 19th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Beginner

Default VTG

I personally dont blame IBC. I had a problem myself with Dixie. I won't get into the details of it, but it happened on a cruise that she was the cruise director.

At the time, I believe Dixie was the Assistant Manager of the singles department. I contacted her manager, and Mr. Fox, but nothing was evidently done about the situation.
Old August 19th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Yeoman

Some of my friends have told me that IBC was talking with the other cruisers on their private website when she decided to say something mean to some lady.... then some of the gals got angry with her.
Dixie wrote a general statement directed at the whole group of catty gals but IBC thought it was personally meant for her. If Dixie wanted to tell something to IBC she would have sent her a private e-mail and not make it a public message to her. IBC can't prove that the message was sent to her because it didn't have her name on it. She says the message was directed to her.... to me that means that she read it wrong thinking it was meant for her. Dixie wasn't even aware of IBC when she wrote her general message.
Dixie is not a vindictive racist person. She has to deal with many people who have all types of problems on the cruise ships. Some people do things that are not appropriate behavior with the group. People complain to her about the problems they may be facing with their cabin-mates.
Some cabin-mates are not always compatiable with their roomies.
There are times when Dixie has to talk to some of the cruisers on their behavior and maybe some times she comes on too strong but she does have a difficult job having to keep the group happy and listen to their problems. She has a tough job. None of us are perfect people and we need to give her some slack the way other people do for you at your job. We don't live in a perfect world. I don't consider myself perfection and I don't expect perfect from others. We all have to try to get along in this world.
In every cruise there are some singles that act really bad with the other singles. We all know the names of those persons that act bad on our group cruises. Most of them are banned from cruising with the group again. I personally have had the experience of some people saying mean things to me on the cruise ships. I handle the problem myself instead of running to Dixie to help me out. Some people may think that Dixie has an easy cruise hostess job but she doesn't because I have noticed when she is talking with someone and the person is telling her her problems on the ship.
I remember one time hearing a gal say to Dixie, "I don't like cruising... I want to get off this ship today". We had just arrived in our first port of beautiful Puerto Vallarta. I told the gal to go have fun in port. Angel
Old August 20th, 2007, 04:30 AM
Familiar Face

What I find most amazing about this thread is the seemingly obvious silence of other Black posters. There are two sides to every story, and I wasn't on the other board to witness both sides so I don't know what happened or what was said. But, if IBC felt targeted, she more than likely was. If IBC perceived racism or bigotry, it probably existed. White cruisers cannot compare their experiences with Dixie and/or VTG with what IBC felt happened to her. Ostriches need to get their heads out of the sand and realize that regardless of how politically correct people try to be, racism is still a big problem in our country. And, there's a likelihood that there are racists and bigots on cruise message boards and cruiseships just as there are in the real word. Racism, whether it's perceived or real, should never be tolerated nor ignored. If a racial remark was made to IBC, then instead of telling IBC to deal with it (which is my interpretation of most of the posts in this thread), the person who made the remark should be reprimanded and told by VTG and the moderator of the message board that type of behavior will not be tolerated nor welcome by VTG or the message board and that person is the one who should not be allowed in the VTG group. It was big of IBC to post an apology, but that's been the way it's always been - Black people have to apologize for reacting to racial hatred.