Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2007, 12:43 PM
Familiar Face

Default What cruise line gives the best rate for single cabins?

Many cruise lines charge you a full 200% for a single cabin. I know there are some that charge less.

Can anyone give me those lines that do not charge the 200% single supplement for a single cabin?

Thanks for your replies.
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2007, 01:29 PM
Admiral

Default Re: What cruise line gives the best rate for single cabins?

HAL, on some cruises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snick's Guy
Many cruise lines charge you a full 200% for a single cabin. I know there are some that charge less.

Can anyone give me those lines that do not charge the 200% single supplement for a single cabin?

Thanks for your replies.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old August 19th, 2007, 03:18 PM
First Mate

There's no specific cruiseline per se. Just call 'em weekly/monthly to see what discount/promotion they offer. Take NCL as an example ..NCL offers NO SUPLEMENT FEE on a transatlantic from Barcelona, Spain to Boston, MA. in December. Basically, $50 per day (all taxes and gov fee included). Not bad, huh??? I'd like to see more cruiselines offer more discounts for university students that cruise at least 3 times a year.
Old August 19th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Carnival, mostly in the 1A and 4A cabins. I've cruised solo on both HAL and Carnival. Prefer HAL, but Carnival is a good value.

Shelby
Old August 20th, 2007, 02:01 PM
Yeoman

Carnival has the best deals but I prefer Princess, RCL and NCL cruiselines. The food and the service is better on the other cruiselines.
Angelgal
Old August 20th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Admiral

The stated rate for the bottom category (Cat. 1A) on Carnival is 150% of the double occupancy rate of a Cat. 4A. Cat 1A and Cat. 4A are almost identical and are right near each other.

However, if you shop around and watch the prices for Carnival cruises, you will find that most Cat. 1A's are not 150% but significantly lower. I have seen Carnival sell Cat. 1A's for as little as $15 over the double occupancy rate of a Cat. 4A. In order the get one of these bargains you have to be somewhat flexible and be ready to book when you see a great price. The prices of cabins fluctuate depending on how well the ship is selling.

There are several threads on this forum that go into more detail as to how/what/when of getting a good price for a single. Do a search and see if any come up. You can also do a search of my name because I have done a full long explanations on this subject.

Happy cruzin'

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old August 21st, 2007, 03:22 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
Carnival, mostly in the 1A and 4A cabins. I've cruised solo on both HAL and Carnival. Prefer HAL, but Carnival is a good value.

Shelby
I agree about Carnival I'm going to do my first solo cruise in June and I have a category 1A guarantee that was $399 but is $549 for a single. Not too bad. I'm hoping as a past guest to be bumped up to an OV. If not, I won't be in the room that much anyway! My frist cruise was with Carnival last month, with my teenage son.
Old August 21st, 2007, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby

Shelby
I agree about Carnival I'm going to do my first solo cruise in June and I have a category 1A guarantee that was $399 but is $549 for a single. Not too bad. I'm hoping as a past guest to be bumped up to an OV. If not, I won't be in the room that much anyway! My frist cruise was with Carnival last month, with my teenage son.
Yes, Michelle, you single supp was not 150% but more like 130%. O.K. from now until your cruise check the price for a cat 1a as often as possible. Every time you see a price lower than what you paid, call Carnival (or your TA) and have them grant you OBC for the difference. This is standard with Carnival. On occasion they will offer you an upgrade in lieu of OBC but the choice is yours as to which one you want. I have never been upgraded to a OV from a Cat. 1A solo. However, all things are possible.

Happy cruzin'

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)