CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Singles (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/)
-   -   Shopping for cruise clothes!!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/338517-shopping-cruise-clothes.html)

Angelgal August 22nd, 2007 07:29 PM

Shopping for cruise clothes!!!

edit

misguidedangel August 23rd, 2007 08:55 PM

My summer clothes, aka cruise clothes, up until a few months back consisted of not much at all. I did have one or two tank tops (that I didn't like much), one pair of capris, and two pairs of shorts (which were falling apart). I did have some casual shirts, but only four.

Fate/fortune/luck/karma, hell whatever you want to call it shone down on me and allowed me to actually buy some new clothes. I was able to buy six tank tops, three shirts, two capris, and three shorts--enough to make my next cruise better because I now don't have to rotate the same tank top two or three times during a 7-day cruise!!!! I even bought another suitcase so I can bring more clothes and have room for lots of goodies to bring back.

22 days and counting!

IBCRUZIN' August 23rd, 2007 09:09 PM

On the broadwalk of Atlantic City, most of the little shops sell the greatest sundresses at the unbelievable rate of 2 for $15. They are pretty basic cotton tent like dresses, one size fits everyone. What makes they great for a cruise is that they come in every imaginable "skettle" color. I have now accumulated 6 of these dresses in lime green, orange, purple, pink, navy, and red. They are so wonderful because they are very light weight, allows for cruise weight gain and wrinkled or ironed look good. The vibrancy of the color of the dress is what makes it look so tropical and vacation ready. Because they are tent like, they work wonderfully over a swimsuit on port days or with just the basic undies. They are just heavy enough so that with dark undies, you cannot see through them. I love them. Oh yeah, they wash well and do not run, shrink or fade.

For dining and evening, I have accumulated a collection of colorful, lightweight dresses. Many of my evening outfits are made of that shiny material that stretches that has been all the rage for the last few years. It is the wonder material because it won't wrinkle, looks good on everyone, washes well and, again, allows for cruise weight gain/water retention. I have at least 3 or 4 outfits in the lighter weight material of this type.

On my feet are usually t-strap flat sandals to match my sundress or evening wear.

Very basic choice of clothing. I keep the lines simple but make up for the simplicity by using vibrant, bright colors.

Happy cruzin'

Baylee24 August 25th, 2007 12:47 PM

Did someone say SHOP ??? I'm in. I'm putting together my cruise attire now !!!!!!

realdeal August 25th, 2007 01:08 PM

(SHOP)

Baylee, "You Go Girl" Louie

logan77057 August 26th, 2007 01:08 PM

Hmm, I am starting to gear up for a Southern Carribean cruise in which I will NOT be working--YIPEEEEE!!! I always shop for my formals right after prom or homecoming @ Dillard's or Macy's and you can get some great deals. I usually get some great deals at Labor day sales especially on white clothes, sundresses, and pants... Ebay is also really good with cruise stuff like make up bags, flip flops, ect. Logan 8)

Baylee24 August 29th, 2007 01:58 PM

Hey Logan...

I found a really cute sun dress on Ebay. You are right, lots of great stuff out there right now. Did I mention I LOVE to shop ??????? Anywhere, Anytime !!!!!! Which cruise in S. Carribean are you taking and when ??

logan77057 August 29th, 2007 07:03 PM

I know girl, I can shop, and shop and shop some more. I gotta keep an eye out on my credit cards. LOL

Going on aCrown Princess Southern Carribean cruise November 24th. YIPEEEEE... I havent been on a cruise that I wasn't working on in about 5 years so I am PSYCHED!!!!! Take Care, Logan