Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2007, 01:28 PM
First Mate

Default topic closed

found a roomate. topic closed
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Yeoman

Hi Bear, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't rat my hair..... my name is Sandra Dee. I don't cruise with strangers either. What a beeech life can be when there are soooo many great cruise deals and no cruiser friends who have the time or the money to cruise with. That is the story of my life.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SEARCH FOR A CABIN ROOMIE. Sandra Dee

P.S. So are you young at heart or truly young in age?
Old August 30th, 2007, 02:19 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelgal
Hi Bear, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't rat my hair..... my name is Sandra Dee. I don't cruise with strangers either. What a beeech life can be when there are soooo many great cruise deals and no cruiser friends who have the time or the money to cruise with. That is the story of my life.

GOOD LUCK ON YOUR SEARCH FOR A CABIN ROOMIE. Sandra Dee

P.S. So are you young at heart or truly young in age?
Both?? I'm young in age, Luci. I have friends, but they can't join me for these two cruises. Some don't have passport and others already used up their vacation days. My good friend will be joining me for X-century from Barcelona, Spain on Nov2. He's 26 yrs old.

ps - if you do not like to cruise with strangers, then why sign up with VTG?? Doesn't VGT team you up with another stranger for cabin mate?
Old August 30th, 2007, 04:33 PM
Yeoman

When I was in my 30's I had great luck in cruising with strangers in a singles group. But then one day I had a roomie from hell and I decided I would never cruise again with a stranger. I still have that policy. I always book with a relative or friend or a single suppliment.

I am also in the habit of always searching for new possible cruisers to cruise with me from the VTG Singles groups. I have met several gals to cruise with in the future. I have already cruised with one cruiser friend from New York. She was a perfect roomie on the cruise. She also made fast friends with some other gals on the cruise and plans to cruise with them in the future too.

Next year I plan to cruise to Europe so I will have to really look hard for a super compatiable roomie since those cruises are longer cruises. They are more expensive so I will have to have a roomie.

Oh man, it is sooo hard to find a roomie on spur of the moment. I have had to watch great cruise deals pass me by just because I couldn't find a roomie and I couldn't afford the extra suppliment for the cruise.
I had to pass up the Chrystal cruiseline when a ship showed up in my home port. It sold out in two weeks. There was no way to be able to find someone who could get out of working for that cruise.

Great cruise deals are all around us but we end up having to pass them up because some of us don't have a ready cruise partner to cruise with.

I am starting to get desperate like you and will also start considering guys that I meet on the singles group cruises as possible future roomies.
I am a mature gal who may consider cruising with another mature retired male if a compatiable male shows up in my cruise life.
Last year I met a guy who was a super compatiable cruise roomie and we cruised together on a few cruises. But then he met some gal and that stopped our cruising together. We only had a cruise friendship. Angelgal
Old August 31st, 2007, 12:32 PM
First Mate

what's your definition of super compatible? your way or no way??

as an avid traveler, I'm very easy-going person. And, I can adapt to any situation and atmostphere. Additionally, I keep my options open for new possibilities. I'd suggest you take on similar approach. You may have better luck finding your future cruise mate ....and, possibility of romance.

cruise well and explore all your senses!!
Old August 31st, 2007, 02:01 PM
Yeoman

I like to compromise with cruise roomies. I like roomies who know what is appropriate behavior in a tiny cabin. I like to set the cabin rules like lets divide the storage space 50-50. Lets each have our own set of towels. It's okay if my roomie wants to watch t.v. while I fall asleep for the night. I can also fall asleep with the lights on too. I think I am very flexiable and easy going.
My main fear of having a stranger as a roomie would be if they are alcoholics, mentally ill, or have a mean streak in them, or not compatiable with me. This is why I would rather pay the extra single suppliment for a cabin for myself. Angelgal
Old August 31st, 2007, 02:59 PM
First Mate

.found a roomate. topic closed
Old August 31st, 2007, 10:06 PM
Yeoman

Hey Bear, it really doesn't matter what age you are when it comes to personalities. Some singles can be very tight assss and want to start trouble with others, and then there are the peaceful fun people who know how to hang loose. I don't like uptight people. I prefer to hang out with hang loose people who can flow with the ups and downs of life.