Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Default VTG ACTIVITIES ON SHIP - I HAVE THE SCHEDULE

I received my package from VTG regarding my upcoming group cruise on September 29, 2007 on the Carnival Glory. I got in late last night and at first glanced it didn't appeal to me. However, when I read through the entire schedule and explanation of what is what, a lot of the events sound like fun. It is a lot different than what I was expecting after reading the cruise forum boards. There doesn't seem to be any speed dating, mate matching or anything like that on their agenda. It looks like it is just one or two fun activities each day to kind of keep the energy level up. Who knew?? :

These events include a Pictionary game, a 2 Truths and a lie game, masquarade, cocktail, and karaoke parties among others. Very benign.

If anyone is contemplating doing a VTG singles cruise and would like to see an example of their schedule/itinerary on a 7 day cruise, let me know and I will figure out a way to send/post a pdf/copy of the schedule.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Passenger

Would love to see tha schedule, if there's any way to post it. Thanks for the offer.
Old September 16th, 2007, 04:38 PM
Admiral

The activities are not match making at all, they are simply a way to get to know some of your fellow singles and have fun doing it. If you read my review on the Carnival Legend August 2007 in reader reviews I talk about the recent activitys on my recent VTG cruise as well. The activitys are a blast. I hope you have a great time, and make lots of new friends on your cruise. Please post a review of your cruise when you return for all of us to read.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old September 17th, 2007, 11:41 PM
Admiral

When I get to work tomorrow, I will pdf the schedule and send it to you using the email button on your profile.

As for a review. Nope, won't happen. The Pro-Singles Group Cruise Posse are too militant and I don't feel like explaining the same thing over and over. Anything short of absolute utopia will not satisfy them and I am not to be intimated. Therefore, my opinion of the cruise will not be shared with this forum.

I have a feeling I will have a great time because, contrary to what was written previously, there will be none of that uncomfortable forced matching or an over-abundance of "make fun" activities that so many singles groups in other events push upon its participants.

Will I play Pictionary? Probably

Will I play 2 truths and a lie? Absolutely

Will I dress up for the masquerade ball? Not a chance

Will I sign up for any of the excursions? Not likely

Will I take the line dancing class? Don't need to. Already know how to dance very well, line or otherwise. (By the way, what is line dancing? Hahaha)

Will I party with the pack in the dance club? Every single night until the music stops.

Will I eat breakfast in the Lido Deck with the bunch? No. I prefer the dining room for breakfast.

Will I do Karaoke? Yes, the more I drink the more I think I sound just like Whitney Houston

Will I eat dinner with the rest of the crew? Probably for a few nights but I am usually invited to dine with other cruise buddies so there will be evenings when I will eat at a different time than the rest of the VTGers.

To BornonJuly4th: Do you have a problem with this too? (Feel free to use cap letters)

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old September 18th, 2007, 12:50 AM
Admiral

Well PM me after your cruise Im curious to how it will go. We are not so militant just fans of cruising. I've had some go better then others but I managed to find my own fun with or without the group. Check what dances will be taught in line dance class , you might learn a new one. We did the Cupid Shuffle (so much fun) as well as the Official version of YMCA. I missed Karioke and Im sorry I did. Sounds like your going to have a good time. I didn't do the maquerade ball eather, well I went without a mask. I did do the Pirate party which the costumes were awesome for. Breakfast for me is room service on the balcony. It serves a due purpose as a wake up call.
Old September 18th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Admiral

Hardly sporting, IBC. Dress as Sue Storm, the Invisible Woman, from the Fantastic Four comic book series or Kitty Carroll, The Invisible Woman, from the Oscar nominated 1940 flick. True to character, you just don't show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old September 18th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster
Hardly sporting, IBC. Dress as Sue Storm, the Invisible Woman, from the Fantastic Four comic book series or Kitty Carroll, The Invisible Woman, from the Oscar nominated 1940 flick. True to chacter, you just don't show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCRUZIN'
I don't have a costume and my imagination does not stretch that far. I am a character in itself. Perhaps if I come across a mask or something this coming weekend I will pick it up.

But whatever do you mean? Hahahahahahaha!!!

I am sure it will all be fun. I was very hurt and angry with VTG for a while but I have gotten over it. (Unfortunately some of the readers here do not seem to be able to put MY experience behind them for some reason.) Oops too bad, oh so sad for them!!!! )

I am sure it will be fun. Some people really love masquerades balls and dressing up in costumes so there should be some wonderful picture ops. I just last night finally purchased a digital camera to take with me. I will take some pictures of the ball and post them here if I can figure out how to do so.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes