Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Admiral

Default FREESTYLE DINING

Has anyone cruise solo/single while enjoying freestyle dining? How did that work out? Were you part of a group or solo on the ship? Did you have a hard time getting a table?

I have had one experience with freestyle dining and that was on NCL America. I hated it. Won't do NCL again as a solo/single for that reason. (Plus the food was terrible.)

P.S. Can we finally get back to the business of providing info helpful to ALL single cruisers? Let us move on and share our experiences. We all have a wealth of information to share but always seem to get bonged down in the "VTG Singles Cruise vs. anything else" debate. Let us PLEASE put it to rest. Thank you.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. . . .

How was the freestyle experience as a solo/single (grouped or ungrouped).

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Passenger

I think Princess has a free style type of dining but my experience has been on NCL--two cruises, 11-nights Alaska and 12-nights Southern Caribbean. I asked to be seated with others at breakfast or lunch and made friends that I would later have dinner with. I found asking to sit with a random unknown group at dinner uncomfortable so I didn't do it. Dining solo both in the main dining room and the specialty restaurant was pretty much the same as dining solo on land, some passengers (and a few wait staff) stared but I ignored them. I didn't have any difficulty getting a table for one at any meal.