Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Beginner

Default Single male on Crown Princess 1/26

Hi,

I have just booked a vacation for myself and found this website in the process. I am a single male in my 40s and decided to getaway to the Southern Caribbean for a week. I will be sailing out of San Juan on the Crown Princess on 1/26. First solo vacation and I can't wait!
Any pointers or tips to make my vacation a successful one please reply. I was told Princess was a good cruise line; hope so. I plan on getting tan, doing some writing, enjoying some fine meals, and if there are any single women aboard maybe a little dancing as well.
Well that's it ;hope my first post was okay for a rookie.

Dan from Chicago 8)
Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Single male on Crown Princess 1/26

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfromchicago
Hi,

I have just booked a vacation for myself and found this website in the process. I am a single male in my 40s and decided to getaway to the Southern Caribbean for a week. I will be sailing out of San Juan on the Crown Princess on 1/26. First solo vacation and I can't wait!
Any pointers or tips to make my vacation a successful one please reply. I was told Princess was a good cruise line; hope so. I plan on getting tan, doing some writing, enjoying some fine meals, and if there are any single women aboard maybe a little dancing as well.
Well that's it ;hope my first post was okay for a rookie.

Dan from Chicago 8)
Dan, should be a great cruise for you. I understand the Crown Princess if very nice and I have been on the Star Princess twice and the Carib Princess once (similar ships). I recommend you do your homework ahead of time for the ports you are going. Most Southern Carib cruises are port intensive so you will have plenty of research to do. There are obviously books available but you should be able to find TONS of information on the various cruise websites like this one for the various ports. A lot of people use the cruiselines excursions especially on their first cruise until they get their feet wet (so to speak). St. Thomas and St. Maarten are both great shopping ports if you are in to any of that; you should be going to at least one of those. There are some great beaches in St. Thomas as well and you can go to St. Johns from there as well. If you go to Aruba, "Carlos and Charley's" is highly over-rated in my opinion and rather expensive. There are others here with great advice as well.

Have a great time and enjoy yourself.
Old November 7th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Admiral

While I haven't been on Princess, I can recomend cruising in general as an ideal vacation for single/solo adults. Never once did I have to say "table for one please" . The ship's shore excursions are a great way to meet other people so being lonely in the crowd hasn't been a problem.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">