Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Admiral

Default has anyone cruised Carnival's Fascination solo

I'm doing that in June and want to know what you thought of this ship's activities and their attempts to bring solo cruisers together. I"ll be 49 at the time, but I tend to get asked to dance, etc. by men 26-35, who think I'm around 30.

I know they have the singles mee & greet and I guess you can always go to one of the bars or lounges to meet other singles

What about dinner - will they automatically seat me with other solo travelers, or do I have to ask for that, meaning I'll hit the dining room as soon as I board to get that request in? I had my TA request a large table for me. I'd rather sit with other solos instead of being stuck with a large family or two small families.
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: has anyone cruised Carnival's Fascination solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1959
I'm doing that in June and want to know what you thought of this ship's activities and their attempts to bring solo cruisers together. I"ll be 49 at the time, but I tend to get asked to dance, etc. by men 26-35, who think I'm around 30.

I know they have the singles mee & greet and I guess you can always go to one of the bars or lounges to meet other singles

What about dinner - will they automatically seat me with other solo travelers, or do I have to ask for that, meaning I'll hit the dining room as soon as I board to get that request in? I had my TA request a large table for me. I'd rather sit with other solos instead of being stuck with a large family or two small families.
Hey Michelle, just sent you an pm. I did the Fascination twice as a solo. In fact, cruising on that ship and the Victory is what hooked me on solo cruising.

It is a short itinerary and therefore a younger, more upbeat passenger load. I have never done a single meet and greet but I am sure if any Carnival ship would have them it will be on the Fascination. On all of my cruises on Carnival, they have always put me at a solo cruisers table. You are right to go straight to the Maitre D' when you get on the ship. That way you can check out the demographics of your tablemates (age, gender, last name, cabin no., etc.) or, if your table does not suit you, the earlier you get to the Maitre D, the better your chance of getting a great table.

To meet other solos, just look in the buffet on embarkation day during lunch. Also, park yourself on the Lido deck outside the buffet and people watch. It is not that hard to tell who is and is not with a group. On the Fascination, you will find some of the largest collection of solo cruisers because it is such a short cruise and it is going to the Bahamas which does not require any great amount of language skills or courage. It is well within most people's comfort zone for travel.

You will meet solos at dinner. You will meet solos at the dance club or sitting outside the dance club. You will meet solos on the Lido Deck. You will meet solos in the Buffet. You will meet solos all over the place. Just avoid the men with the rings on their 3rd finger left hand and you will be good to go.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old November 11th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Familiar Face

Cruised Fascination solo twice, June '02 and Dec '05. Will be going for 3rd time in 2 weeks. As IB said, it is a great ship for singles: short trip, relatively inexpensive, etc. And there are singles of every age group. The key though is to not care about the age of the people that you hang out with. That way you'll have fun with all. From your post about the young guys asking you to dance, it doesn't sound like you'll have any problem w/ that. The "arranged" single events (usually one or 2 get togethers at the piano bar or something) have, in my experience, always been a bust. But who cares when you have an entire ship that's a singles get together!?! Just be outgoing and talk to everyone. That way you'll get to meet people who have met people who know other people, etc. The only singles that I have seen have a bad time are the ones that don't talk to anyone. You can't meet anyone unless you're open and friendly.

As IB said, immediately upon getting on the ship go to the Maitre D' and make sure you are at a large table w/ at least some singles. In my experience there has always been 1 or 2 married couples at my table, but when you have a table of 10 or whatever, there's still lots of singles. And don't worry about the ages of the singles. Again, you want to hang out w/ everyone. And please, don't be shy about getting out on the dance floor when you see other singles (me) out there. Let's dance!
Old November 19th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Beginner

Default cruising solo

Michelle, for what it's worth, I always cruise solo, going on # 12 with carnival Dec 22. my advice, go on a cruise to have fun, smile, be happy and life is good. after 11 cruise I found one thing out, smile at someone and they will do one of 2 things, smile back or ignore you.
The cruise lines are NOT a Dating service. Words of wisdom, go on a cruise, have fun, men will know you are single ,believe me. As for rings on a finger, single women wear rings to keep men away. While on your cruise, be yourself. Enjoy

Sweet Cruising

Taz