Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Yeoman

Default Carnival doesn't send out cruise documents anymore?

My lousy internet travel agent has informed me that my boarding pass, printed off of Carnival's website, is all I get for this cruise.

No more Doc Dance She stated that Carnival is cutting costs and is no longer mailing Cruise Docs.

Has anybody else found this to be the case?

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Passenger

Starting about 3 months ago Carnival started doing edocs like the rest of the cruise lines. It will save them a boat load of paper, but it will be alot less hassle for travel agents....That way you can access your booking online, make changes, change dining, ect.... It will make cruising with Carnival a lot more convient....hope that helps,

DC DARLING formely VTG Logan
Old November 16th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Familiar Face

Default Doin the Doc Dance!

We are taking a carnival cruise next weekend, Long Beach to Ensenada and we got our documents in the mail a few days ago, I'm sad this has to change because it's so fun to get them in the mail!
Old November 16th, 2007, 09:06 PM
Admiral

I have always gotten my mailed document sent to me via some form of private express mail company (DHL, FedEx, etc.) I always thought it was a rather pricey way to send useless paperwork.

If I am not mistaken, the only page in the entire package that is used is the page for signing up for the sail and sign account. Everything else is but a sourvenir.

Oh well, I would rather give up the paper docs to save the cruiselines some $$$ than anything else. I always end up trashing it after the cruise anyway. Too bulking to keep as a momento of my cruise.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old November 16th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I see you can still ask for paper documents because it asks you in my documents if you want paper or e-docs. I go with paper...

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old November 18th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

As of Nov. 2007, you can still get paper documents instead of e-docs. However, some travel agents will tell you that Carnival is no longer sending paper docs, because it saves the travel agency money. In other words, the travel agency does not have to pay the shipping charges for forwarding the documents to you.
Carnival Glory 9/2006
Holiday 11/2006
Fantasy 04/26/07
Carnival Freedom 11/24/07 - Open Bar Cruise!!!
Old November 18th, 2007, 10:51 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by loanshark
As of Nov. 2007, you can still get paper documents instead of e-docs. However, some travel agents will tell you that Carnival is no longer sending paper docs, because it saves the travel agency money. In other words, the travel agency does not have to pay the shipping charges for forwarding the documents to you.

That's exactly what I thought -- I got stuck with a really lousy travel agent at cruisesnmore!

Old November 19th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

I prefer to have the paper docs sent to me as well. The blue pouch thing is nice to have for carrying the rest of your travel paperwork (airline tix, hotel info, etc...). Not to mention the fact that it seems more official, and the dance is a little crazier when you get the cruise docs in the mail!!!!

Thanks to my travel agent signing me up for e-docs for my next cruise, I had to buy a new printer to print the docs at home. If the agent had asked me what I preferred, before blindly signing me up, I would have said paper. Unfortunately, Carnival wouldn't change me back once the agent made the choice for me.

In the future, it would not suprise me if the cruiselines started to charge an extra fee for paper docs. This is what the airlines did several years ago.
Carnival Glory 9/2006
Holiday 11/2006
Fantasy 04/26/07
Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Update - My agent did secure a $25 on board credit for me as a thank you gift......

I guess if I had the choice between paper docs or an on-board credit, I would choose the credit.
Carnival Glory 9/2006
Holiday 11/2006
Fantasy 04/26/07
Old November 22nd, 2007, 12:02 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by loanshark
Update - My agent did secure a $25 on board credit for me as a thank you gift......

I guess if I had the choice between paper docs or an on-board credit, I would choose the credit.
my agent sucks so badlu she did NOTHING