Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2007, 02:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Questions on VTG Singles Cruises

I'm considering the Dec. 6, 2008 VTG singles cruise on the Ruby Princess. This would a lot of firsts for me - first singles cruise, first mega ship, and first time on a new ship.

Since Princess has Personal Choice Dining, does the VTG group opt for fixed seating, or is it every single man and woman for themselves? If there's not fixed group seating, the cruise starts to lose some of its appeal right off the bat.

There's not a lot of difference between the price of an inside cabin and an outside cabin. However, I'm guessing that with the ports of call and the onboard singles activities, a person potentially spends very little time in their cabin. Is that a correct assumption on my part?

Do you get to pick your cabin, or are they assigned?

Any answers from experienced VTG cruisers would be appreciated.

Shelby
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2007, 10:04 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave47pgh

Hi Shelby,

I've done a VTG cruise on the Caribean Princess on 2006 New Years.
VTG gets a select number of tables that fit the group. And you can sit at any of those tables. You either befriend some people or person and sit with them or you float and enjoy meeting different people. It will be cool, if you find a good waiter, go early so you get his/her table.

Inside or outside cabin depends on the person, if all you ever will use it for is to sleep and change your clothes a inside is a good choose. If you like a little "me time" a balcony is great.. Again depends on yourself.

Yes you can pick your cabin, if you have one in mind and it is available VTG will get it for you. Although it may cost more then the posted prices.
My next cruise I requested a fantail balcony and Dixie took care of me.

New ship? Sorry I don't know never done that myself. I'm sure someone here has..

Hope I helped some,,
Dave
Old November 24th, 2007, 11:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for telling me about your experience with VTG, Dave. I can't believe 78 people viewed my post and you're the only one who responded. I thought there were a lot of people who post here who've taken a VTG cruise, but apparently not.

I assume VTG reserves their tables for a specific time in a specific dining room...is that correct?

Shelby

P.S. I was born and raised in the Burgh. We're friendly, helpful people, aren't we?
Old November 24th, 2007, 09:40 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave47pgh

Hi Shelby,

Sorry that it is only I responding to your questions. Maybe the fact that it is a holiday weekend folks are away from the PC. I don't really know.
Anyways, yes VTG has a set number of tables in the same dinning room every night. They will inform you of that before you depart.

Go steelers!

Dave
Old December 10th, 2007, 11:36 AM
Passenger

Hi Shelby,

I'm one of those who read your question but am not posting a response until now because I got back from my first VTG Singles Cruise this weekend....and I'm likely going to book the Ruby Princess for next December.

We were on HAL, which didn't have the personal choice dining, so I can't answer that. My advice would be to ask your VTG agent how dinner will work on Ruby. I enjoyed dining with different people most evenings, personally.

I'm one of those who spends some "me" time in my cabin, so I book a balcony solo. Plenty of folks on my cruise consider the cabin just a place to sleep and change clothes, so it's a matter of personal choice. You know yourself best.

I didn't go to all of the VTG games and such during the day because my usual afternoon hang out was the aft pool. Other folks go to all the games, and spend very little time in the water.

Bottom line: we had 353 singles on this VTG cruise, and a wide variety of tastes and preferences. You'll likely find a number of other singles who like to do the same things you do. It may take you a couple of days to find each other, but you'll meet a lot of folks in the meantime.
Old December 11th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the firsthand account, Peggy. Very insightful. You must have had a good time if you're thinking of booking another VTG cruise.

Shelby
Old December 12th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Passenger

Shelby, I did have fun.....and 4 of the folks I cruised with last week and I have already booked the Oct 26, 2008 VTG cruise so we can sail together again. Plus we're making plans to get together next year before the cruise. We had a blast together!
Old January 3rd, 2008, 06:46 AM
Admiral

Default VTG

Great company I cruised with em 4 times! Had so much fun on my first I booked a second the same year. My photos can be seen in photo galleries look for Carnival Legend 2007 Halloween singles cruise. Every time I cruise I make new friends from all over, and it's great cause most of us keep in touch.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old May 13th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Re: Questions on VTG Singles Cruises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
I'm considering the Dec. 6, 2008 VTG singles cruise on the Ruby Princess. This would a lot of firsts for me - first singles cruise, first mega ship, and first time on a new ship.

Every cruise is a singles cruise, remember ships that hold 3000 plus people have anywhere from 30 to 40 singles.
They all are looking for someone special.
The week you planned is not a good week for meeting younger guys.
Always book durning the school holidays for meeting singles.

Since Princess has Personal Choice Dining, does the VTG group opt for fixed seating, or is it every single man and woman for themselves? If there's not fixed group seating, the cruise starts to lose some of its appeal right off the bat.

Do any time dining, if you want to hook up with a guy, no problem moving to a new table.

There's not a lot of difference between the price of an inside cabin and an outside cabin. However, I'm guessing that with the ports of call and the onboard singles activities, a person potentially spends very little time in their cabin. Is that a correct assumption on my part?

Do you get to pick your cabin, or are they assigned? You can pick and inside is cheaper.
Any answers from experienced VTG cruisers would be appreciated.

Get in touch, I'll give you some good tips.

Danny danielraessner@yahoo.com
Shelby
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:02 PM
First Mate

shelby, peggy. i will also be on the VTG oct. 26 cruise on RCI's freedom. should be good.
Old May 14th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Passenger

I just booked another VTG singles cruise on the Carnival Pride out of CA for Halloween.....anyone else on this cruise? My last VTG singles cruise was on the Costa Mediterranea several years ago.
Old May 17th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Admiral

Default VTG

I did both cruises, the Costa one and the Pride. The Halloween is the best and biggest of the singles cruises, bring a costume, the whole ship get's dressed up, and is decorated. You will have a blast!
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old May 22nd, 2008, 07:01 PM
Beginner

I am booked on the Ca Halloween cruise, I live in Pa and was asking place to stay before cruise and which air portto fly into? I was on the Miami Halloween cruise last year and had a great time. Vicky from Pa
Old May 24th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to chetter

Greetings and Salutations :

I myself will be going on the VTG Oct 26th Halloween cruise out of Miami . Allot of us are coming in on Thrusday and on Friday we are all going to drive thru the Keys and go To "Fantasy Fest " in Key West . It is so much fun! ,We will be back that night (Day trip)If anyone is interested and wants to join us please E-mail at Chetter@bestcruisesforsingles.com . I will not drink so therefore I am driving and I do have a backup Non Drinker Driver .Safety comes first

See ya soon

Chetter
Old May 30th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Familiar Face

I am also going on the Halloween cruise on Vacation to Go, am looking forward to a great time. Trying to come up with a plan to take only a carry on bag.
Old June 19th, 2008, 04:55 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedsaVacation
I just booked another VTG singles cruise on the Carnival Pride out of CA for Halloween.....anyone else on this cruise? My last VTG singles cruise was on the Costa Mediterranea several years ago.
Need, I've booked VTG on the same cruise been with Cruising for Love which was ok but I want a cruise with a BIGGER crowd.
Old June 19th, 2008, 05:06 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofmagnet
I am also going on the Halloween cruise on Vacation to Go, am looking forward to a great time. Trying to come up with a plan to take only a carry on bag.
It is possible to have a carry on bag but what will you do for formal night?

I may have to use 2 bags and pay the checked bag fee.
Old June 19th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlegator
Quote:
Need, I've booked VTG on the same cruise been with Cruising for Love which was ok but I want a cruise with a BIGGER crowd.
Last VTG cruise I was on had a decent size crowd....will see you on board
I am also bringing a costume to wear...just a hint, but it has to do with where I live
Old June 23rd, 2008, 04:14 PM
Familiar Face

I can rent on the ship for about $100.00 is having only a carry on worth it? I have a few days about 1145 to make up my mind.

Dick
Old August 3rd, 2008, 04:51 PM
Passenger

Quote:
I am in the process of booking this cruise this weekend, so I will probably be with you on that cruise.
Old August 4th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacooe
Quote:
I am in the process of booking this cruise this weekend, so I will probably be with you on that cruise.

welcome....hope to see you on board. I am getting excited for this trip, have to put the finishing touches on my halloween costume, and I will be ready
Caribbean Princess October 2006

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 5th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Passenger

Default Rooky

I'm new to this site. What is a VTG cruise?
Old August 6th, 2008, 03:25 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Rooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by atm55
I'm new to this site. What is a VTG cruise?
VTG is the short form for "Vacations To Go" which is an on-line company that does hosted singles cruises. I am currently booked on their Jan 18 Celebrity Solstice cruise.
Feb 07 Carnival Squalor
Jan 08 Freedom of the Seas
Jan 09 Celebrity Solstice
Jan 10 Crown Princess
May 10 Navigator of the Seas-Med
Jan 11 Oasis of the Seas
May 11 Independence of the Seas-Canary Is.
May 11 Vision of the Seas-Baltic
Jan 12 Island Princess-Panama Canal
Oct 12 Oasis of the Seas-Halloween
Dec 12 Mariner of the Seas-New Years Eve
Feb 14 Independence of the Seas