Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2007, 04:51 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Hey its Ra
Default New and needs advice 27/M

Sitting here in Afghanistan, on a very slow computer provided by MWR (Morale Welfare and Recreation) service, I really need to plan a vacation once I get back stateside. I am looking really deep into trying out this single cruise. Really, I have no experience in this at all. I have been here twice and I think I deserve a really good first time experience. Interested in sharing a link, reccomendation maybe?

Me: 27/Male (U.S. Army). I put this on because maybe someone out there will automatically know what I am looking for =), a fine lady with some common sense (very hard to find these days, especially in military towns).

Looking forward to: Meet up with great people with a wild party side. early 20s to early 30s age group, college folks.

Will be getting down and dirty here shortly, hopefully I can somehow get accessed to a computer later and come back and see some replies. I cant freakin wait.

-Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2007, 01:28 PM
Passenger

i would recomend a singles cruise.i have two booked for 2008.I've travelled solo in the past and had a great time,but i've heard great things about vtg and singlescruise.com they even have some geared specifically for your age group.good luck!
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:47 PM
Admiral

First and foremost, thank you for your service, commitment and sacrifice.

Based on your age and the fact that you would not mind meeting a nice little hottie to enhance your cruising experience, I recommend . . . .

That you do some research before you book a singles group cruise. From what I have gathered through personal experience and internet research most of the singles cruise patrons are quite a bit older than you are. On my one and only singles cruise, there was only a half dozen or so passengers in the group who were in their 30's with the rest of the group being 45-50 or older. I don't think there were anyone in this group of 167 who was in their 20's. It was a VTG singles cruise in October which may have accounted for the age breakdown.

I recommend you book a shorter cruise (less than 7 nights). The general rule is the shorter the cruise, the younger the passengers. If you want more than 4 or 5 days of cruising, you can even book two 3, 4 or 5 day cruises back to back. Carnival or Royal Caribbean will probably give you the best time since they attract the young folks with their modest prices.

If you want to do a singles group cruise, go to the various companies' website and check out their photo galleries. That will give you the best idea of the demographics of passengers their particular company normally attracts.

7 night cruisers are a nice age mix but most of the passengers will probably be in their 35-50 age group. Anything longer than 7 nights and the age range will go up.

The Caribbean itineraries have the youngest passengers and the Europe/Hawaiian cruises probably have a more mature passenger base. (I took a Hawaiian cruise and 80+% of the passengers were over 65 and I was the only solo cruiser out of 2,600 passengers).

Good luck, and HAPPY CRUZIN'

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old November 24th, 2007, 01:56 AM
Admiral

IBCRUZIN's recommendations are good - just I would lean more toward Carnival.

BTW, my scout troop was working at the San Antonio USO Club today for 4 hours taking down the Thanksgiving decorations and getting up the Christmas decorations. One of our Eagle projects last year was sending care packages over to our troops overseas. Hope y'all get home safely. 8)
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Hey its Ra

Thanks for the advices folks, and BTW, those care packages are great! From the little pack of toothpaste to the phone cards, awesome stuff. I will take the advices and see how my trip will come up, thanks.