Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 28th, 2007, 02:56 AM
Familiar Face

Default Meet and Greet on Carnival

Just got back today from California where I took a cruise on Carnival Paradise from Long Beach to Ensenada. The meet and greet at the Piano Bar was GREAT! I read several discouraging comments about meet and greets, so wanted to add my two cents. They caper of the day related that the meet and greet areas where in different areas depending on your age, but at the piano bar there where people from 21 to 60ish. There was a good mix of men and women, approx. 40 people were there when I was there about 10pm-midnight. Barry (the piano man) was awesome, he made everyone feel welcome and encouraged people to mingle with those they did not know. Of all the fun things I did on this cruise, the time spent in the piano bar was the most fun. Don't miss stopping by to see Barry entertain if you ever take a cruise on Carnival Paradise, and by all means attend the meet and greet! Kathie
Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Meet and Greet on Carnival

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamaha dancer
Just got back today from California where I took a cruise on Carnival Paradise from Long Beach to Ensenada. The meet and greet at the Piano Bar was GREAT! I read several discouraging comments about meet and greets, so wanted to add my two cents. They caper of the day related that the meet and greet areas where in different areas depending on your age, but at the piano bar there where people from 21 to 60ish. There was a good mix of men and women, approx. 40 people were there when I was there about 10pm-midnight. Barry (the piano man) was awesome, he made everyone feel welcome and encouraged people to mingle with those they did not know. Of all the fun things I did on this cruise, the time spent in the piano bar was the most fun. Don't miss stopping by to see Barry entertain if you ever take a cruise on Carnival Paradise, and by all means attend the meet and greet! Kathie
Kathie,

Good to hear that because I must admit, most of the singles mingles that I have attended that were set up by the cruiseline have been poor at best. I do remember the Piano Bar on the Conquest being a great place and I look forward to going there on the Freedom in April for my TA cruise although there probably won't be too many singles on that.
Old November 28th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Admiral

Oh yes, the piano bar. One of my fond memories is singing "American Pie" arm in arm with people I will sadly never see again. 8)

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">
Old November 29th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincev
Quote:
Kathie,

Good to hear that because I must admit, most of the singles mingles that I have attended that were set up by the cruiseline have been poor at best. I do remember the Piano Bar on the Conquest being a great place and I look forward to going there on the Freedom in April for my TA cruise although there probably won't be too many singles on that.
Vince, when are you planning in April to go? I was thinking about that time myself. You're going to have great entertainment. Music Boardwalk will be on there as well as Ron Pass at the piano bar. Enjoy. Maybe I'll get down there yet... Mary49
Old November 30th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincev
Quote:
Kathie,

Vince, when are you planning in April to go? I was thinking about that time myself. You're going to have great entertainment. Music Boardwalk will be on there as well as Ron Pass at the piano bar. Enjoy. Maybe I'll get down there yet... Mary49

Mary,

The Carnival Freedom leaves for Rome out of Miami on April 26, 2008. The ship is very full now and rates have gone way up BUT I would bet you that down the road once final payments are due there will be more cabins and actually "CRUISEMATES" has a large group on this sailing and perhaps they still can get you a cabin for a fair price. They were able to find one for my dad and his wife. I like this TA because it heads south to St. Maarten and then crosses over so it should be warmer.