Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2008, 02:49 PM
First Mate

Default Elite status

which cruise line has the best perks for elite cruisers? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this??

In my personal observation, I think Princess is the best. FREE professional dry clean/laundry service.
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Elite status

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCalBear
which cruise line has the best perks for elite cruisers? I'd like to hear your thoughts on this??

In my personal observation, I think Princess is the best. FREE professional dry clean/laundry service.
I like Princess's program but think RCCL's has a really good program as well especially once you reach Diamond level.
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:41 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Elite status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincev
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCalBear

I like Princess's program but think RCCL's has a really good program as well especially once you reach Diamond level.
RCCL?? Such as (((BIG DISAPOINTMENT))) ...well, you will get the following:

on-board booklet (two free prem ice cream, [prem cafe, $10 creds for Internet access...etc)

free access to conceirge's lounge (free liquor and prem cafe)

$200 off on balcony cabin and priority check-in.

that's it....psssssssshhhhh....
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:43 PM
Passenger

Thought I personally LOVE cruising with Celebrity and RC, I think their past guest status and eleite status is CRAP--

Princess in my experience has the best, with the best past guest promotions (although I have gotten some pretty good ones with Carnival too)--NCL past guest and elite is crap, and HAL is okay, but all in all Princess is the best!
Old March 26th, 2008, 12:15 AM
Admiral

Problem with HAL these days is that the Flash Fares and Mariner fares are no longer the real deals they once were. Deep discounters undercut them. Not much special about being a longtime Mariner anymore excepting that it means you had to work hard to bag your medals. Doing one hundred days or more at sea is hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCDARLING
Thought I personally LOVE cruising with Celebrity and RC, I think their past guest status and eleite status is CRAP--

Princess in my experience has the best, with the best past guest promotions (although I have gotten some pretty good ones with Carnival too)--NCL past guest and elite is crap, and HAL is okay, but all in all Princess is the best!
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old March 29th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:

Good to see you posting. Well I am at the middle level of Princess but as least for me at this point I think the perks on RCCL (diamond level) are pretty good as stated and no I can not compare them to the higher Princess level. What I do know is Princess scaled back their free internet about. I really do like Princess and actually prefer it over RCCL for many things but the Past Passenger Programs is not one of them. Someone stated they got free dry cleaning on one, well to me I would rather have the free drinks. So basically that is the beauty of it, there is something for everyone out there and remember I do really like Princess. BTW, it was on a Princess ship that I met you in Oct of 06.
Old April 21st, 2008, 01:05 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy

I am elite with Celebrity, not a big deal. The Princess laundry/dry cleaning is one of the best perks a cruiser can use.
All the wine tasting, tender service, room upgrades are nice, but are not a necessary evil as laundry.
Good luck
Dannyboy
Old April 23rd, 2008, 06:08 PM
Admiral

Quote:

HAL gives their perks more based on cabin category than on how many sailings. On the average HAL cruise, heck, 75% of the cruisers could have 100+ days sailed with the line. HAL is just the type of line that gets a lot of repeaters.

I can't help but wonder if all the cruise lines might be getting "tight" with their past guest bennies. Maybe there are so many past guests these days ... as people discover cruising and then take cruise after cruise ... that maybe the lines just can't afford to be too forthcoming in the way of perks any longer?

Just wondering.

Blue skies ...

--rita
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default I think Princess offer the best value.

Quote:

Celebrity does not upgrade past Cat 4, which is a disappointment, sense being purchased by Royal Caribbean, Celebrity has really went main line commercial. Especially the food, No more Michael Roux.
I booked the Solstice 11/30/2008, maiden Cat 2-A and I am Elite.
I will give everybody an update.
I also booked the Ruby Princess 1/17/2009 and Crown Princess 1/25/2009.
Princess has dry cleaning/laundry, the best perk ever.
Old June 16th, 2008, 03:46 PM
First Mate

NCL recently offered passengers free liquor while gambling. Plus, if you get more than 150 points comp, then you will get on-board credit. wish other cruiselines offer this perk.