Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2008, 03:44 AM
Passenger

Default Gal seeks same Jan 2009 balconycruise South Amer around Horn

14 Nt Buenos Aires - Valparaiso Cruise on RCL

"From ancient Incan ruins to the vast Amazonian rain forests, the towering Andes mountain chain to the otherworldly beauty of Patagonia, South America is a stunning study in contrasts. A place where the diverse and spectacular are the norm. "

and dont forget the Penguins )

Day Port *** Arrive Depart Activity

Day 1 Buenos Aires, Argentina 9:00 PM

Day 2 Montevideo, Uruguay 10:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

Day 3 Cruising Cruising

Day 4 Puerto Madryn, Argentina 9:00 AM 7:00 PM Docked

Day 5 Cruising Cruising

Day 6 Port Stanley, Falkland Islands 9:00 AM 6:00 PM Tendered

Day 7 Cruising Cruising

Day 8 Cape Horn, Chile 4:00 PM 6:00 PM Cruising

Day 9 Ushuaia, Argentina 6:00 AM 4:00 PM Tendered

Day 10 Punta Arenas, Chile 9:30 AM 7:00 PM Tendered

Day 11 Strait Of Magellan Cruising

Day 12 Chilean Fjords Cruising

Day 13 Puerto Montt, Chile 8:00 AM 5:00 PM Tendered

Day 14 Cruising Cruising

Day 15 Valparaiso, Chile 4:00 AM
straight divorced female 60-ish seeks gal cabin mates 40's to 60's interested in sharing expenses for Caribbean and European Transatlantic-repositioning cruises and land trips: Bahamas, southern Caribbean cruise, Mediterranean cruise Greece Prefer balcony when affordable.
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2008, 02:01 AM
First Mate

Hello Mylady,

Would you be interested in transatlantic cruise with Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale on Nov 10th?

PM me if you're interested. Merci!
Old March 24th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Passenger

Default ?

Hi Cal,

I am under the impression that you're a guy , correct me if I'm wrong -
straight divorced female 60-ish seeks gal cabin mates 40's to 60's interested in sharing expenses for Caribbean and European Transatlantic-repositioning cruises and land trips: Bahamas, southern Caribbean cruise, Mediterranean cruise Greece Prefer balcony when affordable.
Old March 24th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Lady seeks same Transatlant 11/05/09 balc under $100 p/d

Hi:

Will be a day ahead of you on the Rotterdam. Assume you have BTDT in the Canaries with all your TA's. Any suggestins as I have yet to BTDT on them and November diving may be iffy.

Thanks
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old March 24th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Lady seeks same Transatlant 11/05/09 balc under $100 p/d

Hi:

Will be a day ahead of you on the Rotterdam. Assume you have BTDT in the Canaries with all your TA's. Any suggestins as I have yet to BTDT on them and November diving may be iffy.

Thanks
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old March 24th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Passenger

Default BTDT ?

Sorry,, I'm a newbie here - and dont know what BTDT is ?

Anyway, through land trips, and just a few Transatlantic cruises I only seem to have covered a lot of territory - certainly not one tenth of your travels though.

Have never been to the Canaries and its one of the places I've always wanted to go.., besides which I'm not a diver or snorkeler. Did it once in St. Thomas , saw all the giant critters that you cant see just looking into those crystal clear waters and decided I didn't want to be in the same space they were in

Living in Florida where the sharks come up to wading level to bite ya, and
stingrays jump into your boat to get ya - even the alligators have been known to leap into open trucks for a snack on a woman's arm - I've gained a healthy respect for staying as far away from the critters as I can.
Old March 24th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Default Re: BTDT ?

Hi:

Sorry, the short hand is BTDT - Been there, done that. BTDTGTT - Been there done that, got the T-Shirt.

Guess you know what hangs around St. Thomas. If you do the Atlantis Submarine, you can safely meet them behind glass up close and personal in shark alley. My 12 year old and I have taken submarine trips, snorkeled, and dived with sharks and rays, but we each have years of training and experience and know better than to chum or harass sharks. 8)

BTW, I audit a nuke plant down in Bay City where the alligators hang out under cars in the parking lot. Like Florida, Texas offers loads of surprizes for any who do not realize they always need to remain alert.

My interest in the Canaries is that they were the source for San Antonio's original pioneers and are linked to the history of this city. The islands are also big users of wind power which my employer is also heavily into (one of our execs recently attended an event with power folks over there). Like you I don't have any experience with sights and tours, although I know there are camels over there and I am looking into taking our scouts here on a Camelcade (camel riding trek - my cousin Knoxie was the first wife of Jeff Davis who brought the original camels to Texas).

Have fun in Paris. Never been, but my kiddo is ancien regime over on his mother's side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLady
Sorry,, I'm a newbie here - and dont know what BTDT is ?

Anyway, through land trips, and just a few Transatlantic cruises I only seem to have covered a lot of territory - certainly not one tenth of your travels though.

Have never been to the Canaries and its one of the places I've always wanted to go..so this TA looks perfect , besides which I'm not a diver or snorkeler. Did it once in St. Thomas , saw all the giant critters that you cant see just looking into those crystal clear waters and decided I didn't want to be in the same space they were in

Living in Florida where the sharks come up to wading level to bite ya, and
stingrays jump into your boat to get ya - even the alligators have been known to leap into open trucks for a snack on a woman's arm - I've gained a healthy respect for staying as far away from the critters as I can.
Old March 24th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Passenger

Default Camels in Canaries

Divemaster,

You are a fount of information. Would never have thought of camels being in Canary Islands - but it makes sense since the Moors conquered
most of Spain and have strong influence on their architecture. Going to look for them on the trip.

Have done Madrid, Barcelona, La Alberca and Northern Spain (food is
terrible - most of it unrecognizable - ick - but have not done South of Spain and looking forward to seeing the Alhambra on one of these trips.

Easter was too early this year for the transatlantics, but if you ever get the chance to time Easter with a transatlantic trip to Seville - dont miss it.

They have a month of celebration and " La Feria" - The people dress up in magnificent Spanish gowns, the men in bolero hats and costume, even the horses are adorned with bells and ribbons.... I only had two hours there - but intend to go back and spend as much time as possible.
I have many pictures, but my hard drive crashed and dont know if I still have them on disc.

Will look and if I find them put link. Like nothing you have ever seen outside of a movie set
Old March 24th, 2008, 03:37 PM
First Mate

hello Mylady,

Thanks for stopping by in my other post. I already booked roundfare air for $1100 (ouch!!!). I plan to return to Barcelona, Spain on Oct 29th for back-to-back on RCCL Navigator of the Seas (sailing date 10/31/08).

Done several transatlantic cruises to/from Spain. And, I plan two more this year. Been to Canaries several times....Santa Cruz is my favorite Canary Isl.
Old March 24th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Passenger

Default Houston Barcelona round trip

Cal,

try www cheapoair dot com

dont know what dates you need but I just found in October that trip for
$945.

Makes a difference what day you are flying. Some airlines charge extra for MOnday, and Fri Sat Sun.

Try fly dates of Tues, Wed, Thurs and see what prices you come up with.

Also I'm sure you know if you book online it' s less than if you call up airline.

$150 saving is $150, maybe a few more beers for you or nicer meals, right ?

how did I find all this stuff out? Before I go on a trip, I'm on computer and google and researching lots and lots.

Also cheapest internal Europe airline is Vueling and is better than Easy Air.

Give it a try just to see if you can come up with better price and then go back to the airline you booked with and ask them why and if they cant do better.

Also you have to look for specials on Sherman's and Bookig Buddy and Smart Travel ---etc etc

Hope this all helps

Lady
Old March 24th, 2008, 10:19 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Houston Barcelona round trip

Quote:
Cal,

try www cheapoair dot com

dont know what dates you need but I just found in October that trip for
$945.

Makes a difference what day you are flying. Some airlines charge extra for MOnday, and Fri Sat Sun.

Try fly dates of Tues, Wed, Thurs and see what prices you come up with.

Also I'm sure you know if you book online it' s less than if you call up airline.

$150 saving is $150, maybe a few more beers for you or nicer meals, right ?

how did I find all this stuff out? Before I go on a trip, I'm on computer and google and researching lots and lots.

Also cheapest internal Europe airline is Vueling and is better than Easy Air.

Give it a try just to see if you can come up with better price and then go back to the airline you booked with and ask them why and if they cant do better.

Also you have to look for specials on Sherman's and Bookig Buddy and Smart Travel ---etc etc

Hope this all helps

Lady
Hello Mylady,

Thanks again for the tips. I used to help architect/design AA reservation software, so I know several tips on finding reasonable fares.

I will fly from LHR to IAH on 5/31/08, then returning to BCN on 10/29/08 from AUS. I locked the price for $1095 (all taxes incld). I am doing transatlantic on RCCL Voyagers of the Seas on April 27th, then jump onto another ship for 13 days cruise. Will return to Barcelona again end of October for back-to-back on RCCL Navigator of the Seas.

btw, cheapoair is bloody expensive site for air. I do not recommend that site. If you need to fly within Europe, check out Vueling or use skyscanner d0t net I have relatives scattered Europe, so I use Vueling. Vueling charges $8 USD for baggage...shhhhh...I am a lite traveler, so I dont need luggage. 8)

ciao
Old March 25th, 2008, 02:00 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Camels in Canaries

Mylady:

Turns out the Canary camels are ancestral to the camels brought to Peru shortly after the conquest and those first introduced to Australia. The Canaries have been major camel exporters, although our original Texas camels came from the mainland.

Have yet to do Spain as I hang out in the Americas. Making an exception this year to go to Fiji to snorkel, to Australia to climb the Sidney bridge, to Hong Kong for the lights, and on to Switzerland for the Alps, Portugal, Spain, and Morocco.

Would be cool to see more of the Spanish culture as I have seen its reflection throughout the Americas.

Quote:
Divemaster,

You are a fount of information. Would never have thought of camels being in Canary Islands - but it makes sense since the Moors conquered
most of Spain and have strong influence on their architecture. Going to look for them on the trip.

Have done Madrid, Barcelona, La Alberca and Northern Spain (food is
terrible - most of it unrecognizable - ick - but have not done South of Spain and looking forward to seeing the Alhambra on one of these trips.

Easter was too early this year for the transatlantics, but if you ever get the chance to time Easter with a transatlantic trip to Seville - dont miss it.

They have a month of celebration and " La Feria" - The people dress up in magnificent Spanish gowns, the men in bolero hats and costume, even the horses are adorned with bells and ribbons.... I only had two hours there - but intend to go back and spend as much time as possible.
I have many pictures, but my hard drive crashed and dont know if I still have them on disc.

Will look and if I find them put link. Like nothing you have ever seen outside of a movie set