Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Admiral

Default Shipboard Romance Part 7 -- The End

While at Fort Lauderdale airport, we had about a two hour wait for our flight, so we all ate lunch together for about a half an hour in one of the airport restaurants. After that, we went down to our gate because our flights were the same to St. Louis. My mom wanted to buy a USA Today, and her mom wanted Snickers bar, so she and I volunteered to go to a store and purchase the items. Of course, we found the farthest away store that we possibly could so that we could spend the most time together!

But something troubling happened while we were walking. She wouldn't hold my hand like she did on the ship in the dark. I asked her about this, and she said that she didn't want anyone from the ship to see us holding hands! I managed to talk her into holding at least one of my fingers while we walked to the store and back. I couldn't figure out what was going on with this not wanting to hold my hand, and I asked her why she didn't want to, but she was very evasive with her response. I was beginning to be concerned at this point, but with her evasiveness, I just let it go for awhile.

Anyway, we finally boarded our flight, and she and I wanted to sit next to each other on the flight to St. Louis, but because of seating arrangements, we weren't able to. After we landed in St. Louis, while we waited for all of the people ahead of us to depart, she and I sitting just a few rows apart, were gazing into each other's eyes very intently, and it was again very intoxicating! Just looking into each other's eyes! I think I found Heaven on Earth again! Well, after deplaning, we all were off to our separate gates to catch our flights back to Portland and California. We rode a moving sidewalk most of the way to our mutual gates. As it turns out, the Portland gate was first on the stop of the moving sidewalk, and California’s was later on down the line. At our stop, I wanted to at least kiss her goodbye, but with her mom close by, she didn't seem to want that, so I just kissed her hand goodbye! We smiled at each other one last time, and she was off to Sacramento!

After mom, cousin, and I were home, Mom mentioned to me that while she and I were buying things at Fort Lauderdale airport, her mom asked if I knew that she was married……………..

And so ended our shipboard romance……….!

Dean
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ohh Dean...thats so sad!! Obviously she was not happily married!!

Read and post cruise reviews

Booked :razz:
NCL Sun - November 2011
Disney Dream - December 2012 *Honeymoon*

Cruised
Monarch OTS - June 2010
Carnival Triumph - January 2010
Carnival Glory - April 2007
Carnival Inspiration - July 2006
NCL Star - April 2003
Carnival Sensation - April 1998
Old March 27th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to samngeo Send a message via Yahoo to samngeo
Default Re: Shipboard Romance Part 7 -- The End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Dean
....her mom asked if I knew that she was married……………..

Wow, Dean!!!

Didn't see that coming at all. Sometimes there are no words to say.

~George~
Old March 28th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Billy Boy

Maybe she wasn't married, maybe Dean didn't meet the expectatins the woman's mother had for her daughter? Or maybeher mother was a mean and vengeful type, pissed her daughter didn't bring her along on the cruise, and couldn't stand seeing her daughter so happy. Or, maybe it was Dean's Mother who felt this woman was nowhere near good enough for her son. Alas, the story is over, and we'll never know.
Old March 29th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Dean,

Thanks for finishing your story. It would seem that this was quite a few years ago. I live in St. Louis so I know TWA has been gone for years now. I think after reading it, all the signs were there and her mom probably did tell your mom the truth and it doesn't surprise me. Thanks for posting your story and sorry it didn't end the way you had hoped.