Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:06 AM
Passenger

Default Carnival Halloween Cruise with VTG

Has anyone been on the Pride out of CA with VTG before? Was just wondering if the ship is any good, as all of my previous cruises have been on NCL, Costa, RC & Princess.
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Passenger

I was on the Victory last November and had a great time. Looking forward to going on the Pride over Halloween. Staying on the Queen Mary the night before. Looks like it's about a 100 yard from the terminal. [/img][/code]
Carnival Elation - Jan 2010
Old May 7th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Passenger

thanks for the suggestion of a place to stay....I had considered the Queen Mary, but wasn't sure how close it was....good to know it is very close.
Old May 8th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Passenger

here's link to a photo from google earth showing the Queen Mary, the Cruise terminal and a Carnival ship. This will give you a feel for the distances. Rate on the Mary isn't bad either. $169

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/630447
Old May 8th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Passenger

thanks! but I found a hotel which is more reasonable, and offers a shuttle from both the airport & to the cruise port. I decided I do not want to stay on a "ship" the night before I set sail on a ship, . A week on a boat is enough for me.
Old May 8th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Passenger

When you're land-locked like i am, Why not stay another night on ship
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Passenger

because that ship doesn't move, and I have had my fill of beaches....lived in NY, NJ & FL.....saw enough ocean for a lifetime...I am actually enjoying landlocked desert climate right now.
Old May 14th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Passenger

o.k. 174 folks have viewed this post, but onl;y a handful of replies. I promise I shower, and don't smell!
Cmon folks, step up and say hi.
Joe, I am not much of a beach person, so that is why I am not booking the Queen Mary.....I prefer land for as long as I can, I am just going for the dining, shopping, and conversation. The best food, shopping, and convos can be had on cruises, .
Old May 22nd, 2008, 06:52 PM
Beginner

I am booked on this halloween cruise. I went out of Miami last year and had a wonderful time but wanted to see different ports. I have never been to Ca. Is it best to fly into LA? Want to arrive on Friday and spend a few days. Where to stay? I live in Pa so have a long flight. vicky in Pa
Old May 22nd, 2008, 10:16 PM
Passenger

Vicki:
If you can, fly into long beach, it is closer to the cruise port. I wound up booking the Queen Mary, got a great deal on a room....the history itself is worth paying for.
Old May 24th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Beginner

I hear that the Queen Mary is haunted?
Old May 25th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Passenger

well if it is haunted, the ghosts are going to have to fight me for the bed....I love to sleep!
Old June 20th, 2008, 01:10 AM
First Mate

Need, I have been on the Pride a couple of years ago and it is a great ship but what really matters is the experience you will have on it.

When I went on the Pride it was with a small group from CFL now going with VTG and want to experience this ship with a larger singles group.

As for the Queen Mary I didn't notice any ghosts since I don't believe in them. It the living you have to worry about.

I will arrive in California 2 days before the cruise starts and stay one day after but I decided to stay on the QM so I will not have to pay for the shuttle to the port.
Old June 20th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Passenger

Beetle:
I am arriving the day before, and I hope the QM is haunted! I love that kind of stuff...
Old June 21st, 2008, 12:09 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to detroitcruiser01
Default The Pride is GREAT... and so is VTG!

Hello everyone, I was on the pride, VTG 2006 Halloween cruise. It was my first VTG cruise.. I had been with SC since 2002... it was such a great experience... CABO late departure is GREAT too.... book the shoretrips group excursions.. we did the ATV in puertaviarta (sp) FAB... the private resort in CABO was soo cool... down side... the day at sea on the way back... seems to always be chilly and breezzzzy.... but there is very little chance of the big H blowing in and spoiling the fun!

have a great cruise!!

Dee
Paradise '02
Destiny '03
Triumph '04
Conquest'05
Miracle '05
Liberty '06
Pride '06
Conquest '07
Fascination '07
Radiance /Sea '07

RC Voyager '08

Free Cruise Clocks

Carnival Legend Oct 08
[
Old June 28th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Passenger

Hi Needsavacation, I see you decided to stay on the Queen Mary prior to the cruise. I will also be arriving the day prior. See you onboard. Just look for the straggely looking mutt.
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:04 PM
First Mate

I will be arriving in Long Beach Friday, 2 days before and staying on the Queen Mary. Hope to see you on board.

By the way, has anyone who been on a Halloween cruise know if the guests eat dinner in their costumes?
Old June 28th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Passenger

that's a good question. Holloween is the second to last night of the cruise and based on my last cruise it would also coincide with the 2nd formal night. Then again my formal outfit is could be considered a costume of sorts.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 02:58 PM
Admiral

Default Carnival Pride/Queen Mary

Been on the Pride she is a beautiful ship! Loved it, great food, great staff!

I loved the ports! I really loved Mazatlan which many cruisers do not, I did a private tour there with Mazatlan Frank he posts in the Mexico forum on this site this made all the difference. I did the City Colonial tour which he customized for my group. Puerto Vallarta is one of the most beautiful ports I've ever been to loved it! Went to Las Calitas a place you must get to by boat, you can snorkle, swim with dolphins or a sea lion there, I did the sea lion snorkle and had time to get a massage on a hut listening to the ocean waves crash below it was heaven! Cabo is very American you can walk around the port it's tiny. It's a bit too spring break for me. I did the dolphin swim there and can highly reccomend that.

Ok the Queen Mary very Haunted yes. I wouldn't stay on the ship not because she's haunted but because it's moldy, not well maintained. I have mold allergies and they went nuts on board, we had our precruise party there with a singles group. I took lots of photos and got orbs in 1 out of 3, orbs are balls of light how ghost's photgraph. Sadly my camera got stolen on the Pride when I left it in the disco so I don't have my original photos. Do visit the Queen Mary! It's the closest you can get to being on deck of the Titanic. Going on deck and standing next to the huge smoke stacks gave me quite a feeling of history. New ships do not have the four massive smoke stacks.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old July 2nd, 2008, 03:09 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival Pride/Queen Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by showcat
Puerto Vallarta is one of the most beautiful ports I've ever been to loved it!

Ok the Queen Mary very Haunted yes. I wouldn't stay on the ship not because she's haunted but because it's moldy, not well maintained.
Hi Showcat,

Good to have you back, as for Puerto Vallarta it ruined me when I seen the Walmart from the ship. As for the Queen Mary, I will be staying there for 2 days instead of 1 like my first Pride cruise. I don't believe in ghost and none bothered me when I was staying there. You have to worry more from the living than the dead.

Old July 2nd, 2008, 03:17 PM
Admiral

Default ghosts

The ghosts are cool Alvin, it's the Mold that scary, my throat got swelled up and my sinuses stuffed up. I wish they would restore that ship to her former glory it's sad they don't.
Old July 5th, 2008, 09:17 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival Pride/Queen Mary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlegator
Quote:
Puerto Vallarta is one of the most beautiful ports I've ever been to loved it!

Ok the Queen Mary very Haunted yes. I wouldn't stay on the ship not because she's haunted but because it's moldy, not well maintained.
Hi Showcat,

Good to have you back, as for Puerto Vallarta it ruined me when I seen the Walmart from the ship. As for the Queen Mary, I will be staying there for 2 days instead of 1 like my first Pride cruise. I don't believe in ghost and none bothered me when I was staying there. You have to worry more from the living than the dead.
I concor. can't believe Wallmart/Samsclub took over P. Vallarta. In my personal observation, Zihuatanejo - Ixtapa, Mexico is the prettiest city in Mexico.
Old July 6th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Passenger

Default hmmmm

Hi everyone,
I'm thinking of going on this cruise...any ladies need a female roomate? Nonsmoking, non drinking, I do snore a little! Julie
I'm 52, female, widowed. I have cruised on over 25 cruises. Azure Seas, Explorer Starship, Festival, Holiday, Tropicale, Costa Riviera, Southward, Legend of the Seas. Monarch of the Seas Carnival Legend 24Aug08) Carnival Victory 20Sept08)
Old July 6th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Admiral

Julie Vacations to Go will place you with a single female cabin mate, but if you would rather look for yourself on line that's ok too, try reposting your add in the find a cabin mate forum on this site. Good luck
Old July 6th, 2008, 11:52 PM
Admiral

Default Re: ghosts

The other critter wasting away is the United States - do try to catch the PBS show about her.

Quote:
The ghosts are cool Alvin, it's the Mold that scary, my throat got swelled up and my sinuses stuffed up. I wish they would restore that ship to her former glory it's sad they don't.
Amadeus:09 Diamond;Celebrity:10 Summit; HAL: 87 Rotterdam V,89 Nieuw Amsterdam II,93 Nordam III,94 Ryndam III,96 Westerdam III,99 Veendam IV,01 Maasdam V,02 Amsterdam III,03 Volendam III,03 Zuiderdam II,04 Westerdam IV,04 Oosterdam I,05 Zaandam III,06 Statendam V,06 Prinsendam II,07 Nordam IV,08 Eurodam I,08 Rotterdam VI,09 Veendam IV,09 Volendam,10 Nieuw Amsterdam IV,12 Ryndam III;11 P&O:Artemis;RC:07 Splendour of the Seas,11 Navigator of the Seas,12 Majesty of the Seas
Old July 7th, 2008, 04:30 AM
First Mate

Julie,

As the cruise gets closer your chances of finding a roommate is greater. If you are going with VTG just contact the TA asking them to help with your search. Remember, if you do find one contact her to see if you two our compatible and set up the "room rules" otherwise you will be wishing that you've booked the room by yourself.

I have notice that most women rarely book a room solo.

Old July 8th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Passenger

I should booka solo room, had a veryyyyy bad experience withe my last cabib mate on a VTG cruise...I can only hope she will not be on this sailing
Old July 8th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Admiral

Book solo. You will have piece of mind and be happy you did. Bob
Old July 8th, 2008, 05:09 PM
First Mate

don't even think of sharing a room unless you know the person. save your money and get your own room
Old July 8th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin c
don't even think of sharing a room unless you know the person. save your money and get your own room
You mean spend your money! How am I saving money not getting a roommate? Geez you guys sure must have had some awful roomates...everyone suggests booking an expensive single cabin.
I'm 52, female, widowed. I have cruised on over 25 cruises. Azure Seas, Explorer Starship, Festival, Holiday, Tropicale, Costa Riviera, Southward, Legend of the Seas. Monarch of the Seas Carnival Legend 24Aug08) Carnival Victory 20Sept08)