Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Passenger

Default Dec 14-21, Cruisingforlove.com

Is anyone booked on www.cruisingforlove.com cruise, Dec 14-21, Carnival, out of Tampa (Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan Island)? I am considering booking this cruise and wondered if there are others booked on this or anyone who has cruised with them in the past (pros, cons, etc).
Sponsored Links
Old May 24th, 2008, 08:29 PM
First Mate

kathy, go on the halloween cruise with vtg singles cruise oct 26 with royal carrib. out of miami. a better choice. kevin.
Old May 24th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Passenger

Kevin:
Singlescruise.com also has a Halloween cruise out of Tampa that I was looking at previously; however, I'm not going to be able to take a vacation at that time. I live close to Tampa, so it's always very convenient to cruise out of Tampa if possible. Any experience with CFL's cruises? I like the idea that it's a 45+ cruise (no offense to the younger crowd). My 45th birthday will be in Dec--so I figured I would celebrate with a cruise. I've cruised SOLO before and had a great time, so I figured an organized singles cruise would at least have other singles to dine with, possibly for shore excursions, etc. Any input?

Kathy

8)
Old May 24th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default CALIFORNIA GUY HERE

I am interested in the responces you get.
I booked Ruby Princess 1/17/2009 and Crown Princess on 1/26/2009.

Cheers
Danny
Old May 25th, 2008, 09:25 AM
First Mate

kathy, i have not tried CFL before. this will be my first with VTG singles. i also have cruised solo before. like you, i figured i would try a singles cruise where you know there will be a bunch of singles on board to party with. enjoy your cruises. kevin
Old August 9th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to pennyhunt

Hi Kathy,
I have been looking at that same cruise...December 14-21. Haven't been able to convince my single friends to go, so I am game to share a cabin with someone. I am 59, but don't act it. Easy to get along with. I am a professional person and know how to respect another person's need for privacy. Looking for adventure and relaxation. Have cruised one other time 2 years ago...Eastern Caribbean. Want to go on Western. Let me know.

Carnival Triumph - Eastern Caribbean October 2006
Old August 9th, 2008, 09:24 PM
First Mate

Kathy,

I have been on CFL cruise twice and had a great time on both, but know this, don't expect crowds of 250-300 like VTG or Single Cruises expect 75-125 fellow cruisers. Most of CFL trips are short.

You will meet the same type of single cruiser only in an intimate setting.

Old August 9th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Passenger

Pennyhunt: I have already been assigned a roommate. CFL has roommate matching. But feel free to sign up anyway, as I'm sure Ann will have a roommate for you as well.

Beetlegator: I am totally aware that CFL has a smaller group size than the other groups. I actually think that I would prefer having the smaller group that you could get to know rather than the super large size of the other groups. My last cruise I went single, alone, without any group at all and had a great time. I figure this way, at least there will be a few more single people to dine with, mingle with, possibly join up with for shore excursions, etc.
Old August 10th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to pennyhunt

Thanks for response, Kathy. I think I will probably go with the matching and take a chance. Hope to see you there!

Carnival Triumph - Eastern Caribbean October 2006
Old August 11th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Passenger

I'm booked on Grandeur of the Sea on Dec. 22. I'm skeptical now that there might not be many singles on board. Don't want a heavy partying trip, just some singles to dine with and maybe excursions. I've heard that the singles cruises have a reputation for partying pretty heavy - is that true?
Old August 11th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Passenger

ATM55: I'm not a big partier either. While it's vacation and I'd like to have fun, I'm not into the getting drunk, partying scene at all. I went on a cruise alone (not a singles group) five years ago. I had a great time, but there weren't a lot of a singles. There were four other singles at my dinner table, and that was nice, but mostly met couples and families. I thought CruisingForLove sounded nice, as the groups they organize are smaller than some of the other singles groups. CFL usually has 75-125 singles, whereas some of the other singles groups are 300+ people. I thought it would be nicer with a smaller group that you could get to know better, rather than just a huge group. I also felt that the CFL 12/14-12/21 cruise was a good one since it was a 45+ singles cruise. I'll actually be 45 the day after we get home from the cruise, so this is my 45th birthday present to myself. I thought going with the 45+ cruise would eliminate a lot of the 20-year-old partying crowd.
Old August 11th, 2008, 03:23 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by atm55
. . . I'm skeptical now that there might not be many singles on board. Don't want a heavy partying trip, just some singles to dine with and maybe excursions. I've heard that the singles cruises have a reputation for partying pretty heavy - is that true?
ATM55, that is the risk you have to take even if you do find singles on your cruise doesn't guarentee that you will get along with them. If you had gone with a singles group it is highly likely that you would have found someone with the same interests and gotten along fine.

The ship will not be full of singles (actually it will be 1/8 of singles) at most 400 people and some will not be the hard partyers that you believe they are.

Enjoy your cruise and you will have fun either way.