Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Passenger

Default Halloween cruises

Do the Halloween cruises seem overcrowded ?? I was booked on one last year and never got to go due to a family emergency. I would like to go this year but I have heard that there are just too many people in that group. Any suggestions ?? Also, I am considering getting a roomie so I can get a balcony where I wasnt considering it before. Any info is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2008, 05:47 PM
First Mate

I have finally booked my first Halloween cruise with VTG it took a couple of years but I finally did it. I talked with an agent from VTG and she said they have about 85 people so far with a large percentage of women (little does she know is that I go for the cruise not the women) and expect to cap off at 250.

As always I booked a room to myself, too many things can go wrong and I want to have control over the comings and goings in my cabin. As for the balcony I decided not to opt for it since I rarely used it but did get a window.

Thought about doing the Caribbean with either VTG or Single Cruises but found the flights were cheaper going to the west coast than to Florida, also the cruises are more expensive in the Caribbean . . . go figure.
Old June 19th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Passenger

Beetle:
I too booked the Halloween cruise out of CA for the same reason...cheaper flights and a cheaper cruise. I do not know why. I live in NM, so the flight to CA was really cheap at only $238.00......would have cost me over $500.00 to fly to FL. Can never determine why airlines and cruiseships charge what they do, my only thought on this is miles travelled and fuel burned at today's prices.
Old June 20th, 2008, 01:53 AM
First Mate

I suspect that the Caribbean is more popular that the Mexican Riveria. Besides this gives me a good reason to go back to the west coast.
Old July 1st, 2008, 10:43 AM
Passenger

Speaking of airfares. When you in the middle of the country like I am the fares are expensive no matter what direction you go.
Carnival Elation - Jan 2010
Old July 1st, 2008, 11:44 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to kris72278

I have a cruise booked for March 09 but I am also thinking of going on one before around Halloween.... Let me know
Old July 1st, 2008, 06:43 PM
Passenger

I definitely have a target painted on the Halloween cruise. I have been hearing good and bad stuff but mostly good stuff. Lots of repeat cruisers on halloween and someone told me to beware of Chuck..lol whoever he is...so Chuck ...if you are out there and going on a Halloween cruise...Im watching out for you sir !!!! . So far everyone says its the most fun which explains why the groups are so large...still thinking and roomie searching
Old July 2nd, 2008, 12:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylee24
I definitely have a target painted on the Halloween cruise. I have been hearing good and bad stuff but mostly good stuff. Lots of repeat cruisers on halloween and someone told me to beware of Chuck..lol whoever he is...so Chuck ...if you are out there and going on a Halloween cruise...Im watching out for you sir !!!! . So far everyone says its the most fun which explains why the groups are so large...still thinking and roomie searching
A few years ago I went on a Halloween cruise knowing full well VTC was on there and that was another good reason to go. I went to observe and see how the group interacted and things like that. As it turns out the group was large and I met quite a few nice people in lounges and especially out by the pool. Obviously I was not able to go to their parties but I was able to find plenty of time to socialize as need be. BTW, it looked to me that the group was having a great time.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 03:25 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to kris72278

Let me know what you find out I might want to go If you still need a roomie... balcony is the only way to go !!
Old July 2nd, 2008, 09:26 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylee24
Baylee, if you do decide to go with either VTG, SC or CFL I suggest booking as soon as possible since airfare can and will go up closer to the departure date.

As for finding Chuck, he maybe harmless and hope if you do meet him you guys will have fun. Personally, I prefer large groups since you can meet alot more people. I am doing the West Coast Halloween cruise because it is less expensive airfare and cruise wise. I did the balcony on my last cruise though fun and relaxing I didn't use it much, plus I have this fear of falling off the balcony into the sea.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Admiral

Default Halloween cruises

They are bigger you won't meet everyone in the group but if you mingle you will meet some of them. Some people you will hit it off with, others you might not, rule of thumb (It's YOUR Vacation) do what you want to do! Hang out with who you choose to, do the group activities if you want but also take time to rest and relax, hard to do with so many people wanting to do this or that and so many activities. I always have to make time for me to do a little nothing, have some down time or else I'm exhausted. Message me if you have any questions and I'll give you the scoop from a female perspective.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old July 7th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Passenger

Chuck is not taking a halloween cruise this year. He wont be there. He's a singlescruise regular.
Old July 14th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Passenger

Old July 14th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Passenger

if you looking at booking on this cruise with VTC you should do it soon. The prices went up today. Increase of 154.21 on a shared balcony and up 265.21 on a solo balcony. inside and oceanview went up by 43.21 on all other options.
Old July 22nd, 2008, 12:14 PM
Passenger

I'd be interested in going too. But need a roomie as well.
Fascination 2002
Destiny 2008
Old July 22nd, 2008, 02:41 PM
First Mate

With all those beautiful women in the photos no wonder you have a smile on your photos.

P.S., you need to put up the rest of the 1000 photos.

Old July 22nd, 2008, 02:59 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to chetter

I just really enjoy going on Cruises and Just being out to Sea , watching the Sunsets , Dancing the Night away ,Putting on the ritz on Formal Nights , Attending the events ,Playing Volleyball , Sailing the Americas Cup in St Maarten ,Swimming with the Sting rays in Grand Cayman , Going to Senor Frogs or Carlos And Charlies and having a Great time ,Seeing the Culture in each Port I have Visited ,Meeting everyone on the First day of the Cruise and becoming lifelong friends with everyone, The list goes On . You all have to experience how wonderful it is ! Thats why I'm smiling .

Chetter
Old July 22nd, 2008, 03:37 PM
First Mate

I have been on 2 previous cruises and I want to capture that smile again.

Beetlegator