Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Beginner

Default Do you recommend a singles cruise?

I am 51 and recently divorced. I started dating about a year ago and it is a whole new scene for me. I have been on 2 cruises in the past with my ex-husband and loved both. I have a couple of single divorced girl friends that would like to go along. We all love to have a good time and if romance happens, it is OK. We are all open to that. We live in a small town and are wanting new surroundings. Should we book a singles cruise or go a different route? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2008, 11:22 PM
Admiral

Take a singles cruise and have a ball!!!

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old June 18th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to chetter

Hello :

I agree about going on a singles Cruise : You meet the best people ! It is so much fun

Chetter
Old June 18th, 2008, 10:15 PM
Admiral

Thanks for the link Cheeter. Will have to book one of those singles cruises soon. Bob
Old June 18th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Beginner

Yes, but is a singles cruise the best way to meet people or regular cruise. We all love to let our hair down and have some fun and if romance just happens to be there then so be it. We are all looking for new people and new adventures.
Old June 18th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Passenger

Greeting and Salutations :

If you are single a Singles cruise is the best way to go , You will have no Problem meeting people esp. when there isa 250+ singles on there and the Ration is 55% women 45% men from ages 22-70 average age is 42 .

Let me Know if you go

Chetter
Old June 18th, 2008, 11:25 PM
Beginner

Thanks I will let you know. Where are you from? Why do you enjoy cruising as much as you do? Like I said, I have never done a singles before but when my divorce was final, it was something that I was determined to do to celebrate it being over. New beginnings is what it is all about.
Old June 18th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Passenger

Hello :

There are so many reasons Why I go on Cruises Here are a few of them
1: Getting Dressed up in a Tux on Formal Night
2: Having Breakfast in the Morning outside
2A: being out to sea
3: Dancing the Night Away
4: Eating Good for a week
5: Meeting Other people that have become my lifelong Friends
6: You unpack once
7: Going to Different Ports and Jet skiing or Sailing

THat just a few of them. I'm from Portland Oregon SWM 55

Have a good one

Chetter
Old June 18th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Beginner

Those are all good reasons to go and I agree with them all except for the sailing, I have never done that. I do enjoy just relaxing and not having a schedule to meet if I don't want one. I like to go in the winter time because of the warm weather on the cruise. I am from Nebraska so quite away from all these warm places.
Old June 19th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Passenger

Pat--

You must go! You deserve it! I'm booked on Carnival Legend, Dec 14-21 out of Tampa with www.cruisingforlove.com. Really good rates, with port calls in Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan Island Honduras. Check it out!

I've done the solo cruise before without a group. You do meet a lot of people, but mostly couples. This time, I decided to go the singles cruise route where there will be many other singles to mingle with, dine with, shore excursions with, etc.

Kathy
Old June 19th, 2008, 10:03 AM
First Mate

pat, take a look at the royal caribbean halloween cruise leaveing on oct 26from miami. it will be going to th western caribb. this will be my first singles cruise but have done a few on my own. suppose to be a lot of singles on this cruise. as for singles cruises this is supposed to be the one to take. hope to see you. kevin
Old June 21st, 2008, 10:19 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat@night
Those are all good reasons to go and I agree with them all except for the sailing, I have never done that. I do enjoy just relaxing and not having a schedule to meet if I don't want one. I like to go in the winter time because of the warm weather on the cruise. I am from Nebraska so quite away from all these warm places.
Just a reminder, every ship that has 2500 plus passengers will have solo cruisers. I went during winter break last December. plenty of single partiers onboard.
I would estimate that on average there are up to 5% solo cruisers. thats about 150 solo passengers. the cruise linees has alot to do with the numbers. Carnaval and Royal Caribbean attracts the younger croud and holidays for the colleges will increase the odds.
I suggest you check out the photo's after the second seating, you will find all the pic's with guys and gal's traveling in pairs or totally solo.
I have been cruising for a few years as a solo cruiser and perfer it that way. I have every option open and I meet whom ever I choose on my own terms.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 06:00 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Do you recommend a singles cruise?

Go with an organized single group you have an opportunity to meet various types of people than you would on a typical cruise.