Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2008, 11:29 PM
Beginner

Default 1ST SINGLE CRUISE -VTG DEC.6 RUBY PRINCESS

Young div. 55yr.old female trying the singles cruise in DEC. (I think) I don't see any postings that anyone is going.VTG told me 350 have signed up. I want to meet some people ahead of time and esp.those that have gone on this cruise before. I had debated whether to wait and go on the C elebrity Solstice. I haven't sailed Princess in 20 .yrs .Help Help cruise comrades. Am I making a good choice?????? I love to meet people and am a very outgoing non-drinker and non smoker who loves life!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2008, 05:23 PM
First Mate

Default Re: 1ST SINGLE CRUISE -VTG DEC.6 RUBY PRINCESS

I've learned from past experience NOT to contact anyone from the cruise that I'm a going on until the pre-cruise or the "get-to-know" parties. If still want to contact people try to get their experience and not to get too personal because you may be disappointed when you meet them. Most people are different in person than they are from their email.

Message boards are ok, but don't make any promises you can't keep things tend to change when you actually meet.

Just remind yourself that this is a cruise for you and if you happen to meet a good friend it will be a plus.
Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:47 PM
Admiral

Beetlegator is correct with regards to meeting folks prior to these cruises. People do act differently when they are "behind the glass".
Old June 23rd, 2008, 09:22 AM
First Mate

Default Re: 1ST SINGLE CRUISE -VTG DEC.6 RUBY PRINCESS

[quote="xCalBear"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlegator
I wonder why??? Maybe they forget to take their medications before they get on the ship??? [/b]
All the more NOT to go on the message board . . . or at least have them as a roommate.
Old June 23rd, 2008, 09:27 AM
Beginner

thanks everyone. I am not looking to "hook Up"" just chat. I think I will take the advice and just wait until the precruise event!!!
Old June 23rd, 2008, 11:35 AM
Passenger

Default ghdhsa

gkhknmcx
Old June 24th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Passenger

Default 1

thanks
Old June 24th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Passenger

Default ABCDEFG

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old June 24th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Beginner

Dan,
I appreciate you saying Hello. As a new person gaining info about single cruising I am perplexed at that negative comment. My posting was merely to gain MUCH NEEDED info and not have someone else POSTING TO ME cast negatively.
Old June 25th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Familiar Face

Hi I was told by VTG that their forum will be up abaout 30 days before the cruise.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 10:36 PM
Beginner

Default Question

I'm a 53 yr. outgoing, divorced female that enjoys life and has cruised solo for the past 6 years. I've always met interesting people on board and through shore excursions. I recently booked the VTG 12/6 cruise for two reasons. With Princess being my favorite line to cruise, I just had to sail the new Ruby Princess. Second, after watching the boards and reviews of singles cruises, I thought it would be and interesting experience in life.

What types of group activities does VTG provide for such a large group?

Candace
Old July 6th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Beginner

Default I'm Going Too

I signed up online yesterday for this cruise. I am coming out of a relationship and have never traveled alone before. I have been on several cruises and the idea of all mature singles sounded appealing. I wish there was something earlier than Dec. I could use some fun.

Maggie
Old July 15th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Beginner

Hey I'm right there with you. I signed up a few days ago. I've never done a single's cruise either. I'm a 51 year old female non smoker also, but I do drink socially.
Old July 30th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Ruby

I live by the saying, The Priates of the Caribbean at Disneyland
Quote " Dead Men Tell No Tales".

I have been on numerous cruises, every unattached person on the ship is single. I personally perfer meeting individuals on one to one, if I encounter a female that is attractive in my eyes, and we hit it off, then I will allow her into my world or should I say cabin.
The last thing you want to happen on your cruise, is a person that your not attracted to spoling your fun.

PS, I have run into occations, (In my case two woman) QUOTE "Were just getting away from all the stress", you quickly find out that there married, after a few cocktails and the dancing turns into a spicy somba evening.
Vis versa with the guys.
Remember, every passenger has a history before they arrive to the ship, there leaving for the same reason.

Check the picture gallery after the second seating first night, you can view all the single's and or pairs traveling together (2 x trouble) and have your own cabin .

I will be on the Solstice on 11/30/2008, then the Ruby on 1/17/2009, followed by the Crown Princess on 1/25/2009.

Have a fantastic Cruise.

Happy sailing
Danny