Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2008, 03:20 PM
Beginner

Default This will be my first singles cruise. Any suggestions?

Hello. I am a 26 years old woman with a college degree and am recently single after 8 years of dating the same man. I am interested in going on my first singles cruise ever and was hoping people might have suggestions for which company(Carnival, Holland America, Royal Caribbean, etc.) would be the best to use. I enjoy activities of all kinds and am interested in meeting new friends and possibly a romantic interest. I would appreciate your input. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2008, 02:45 PM
First Mate

It's not which cruise company you chose to make friends and find a potential romantic interest you can meet anyone anywhere. The question should be what are my chances to increase the odd of meeting someone special and that is on a single cruise.

There are quite a few companies (Cruising for Love, Single Cruises and Vacations to Go, etc.) that will fill the bill. Being a single woman you shouldn't have any trouble meeting anyone whether you alone or with an organized group.

I would suggest going for the cruise experience first and then find that special person later.

Old July 27th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Passenger

Default Just booked my first singles cruise.

Hi there.....
I have just booked my first singles cruise with Vacations to Go...the Aug 24 Caribbean...aprox 200 singles in the group...woohoo.....I'm looking to have a lot of fun! Can you tell I'm excited?
I'm 52, female, widowed. I have cruised on over 25 cruises. Azure Seas, Explorer Starship, Festival, Holiday, Tropicale, Costa Riviera, Southward, Legend of the Seas. Monarch of the Seas Carnival Legend 24Aug08) Carnival Victory 20Sept08)
Old July 27th, 2008, 10:25 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to chetter

Julie :

Have I e-mailed you before ot talk with you . Another gal e-maled me quite some time ago but I don't know if its you or not

Chetter

Beaverton , Oregon
Old August 18th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to JayNyde Send a message via Yahoo to JayNyde

hi there i'm 26 and am looking to go on another cruise but this time without my friends. maybe we could chat a little and get to know each other and possible plan something! email if this sounds interesting......jay3oh@hotmail.com

Jay
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to 2_Chilli
Default Hmmmm

Well...if you were a guy, I wud definately say CARNIVAL..but since ur a lady I wud have to ask u 2 ask urself "do you mind being in a Frat boy...Sorority girl type environment?" If so, well u will love carnival..!! I've bn on the Imperial Majestic once...it wasnt my type of atmosphere...mainly couples doing couples stuff..! I've bn on 12 carnival cruise (next month will be 13) I always go solo...and I love it....Hmmmm but then again, i'm a guy ...!

Peace..!
Old December 16th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to LTT1961

Just got back from a singles cruise onboard the carnival Miracle out of Ft. Lauderdale. I booked through Singles Cruise.com, great value and there was lots of things to choose from to do onboard and for shore excursions with or without other singles. You will be onboard with about 2000 other people so you won't be lonely. This was my first solo cruise too. You can wither be matched up with another female to share your cabin or book single. Good luck! You will have a blast!!
Old December 16th, 2008, 06:28 PM
First Mate

try cruiseing yourself first. going it solo is great. carnival is the way to go if you do a solo adventure. if you dont like that, vtg has a lot of hosted single cruises. happy cruiseing.