Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Douglas398
Default New to the Cruise scene... Need Help!

I have never been on a cruise and thought it would be fun to try a single cruise seeing as I fit the bill at the moment. Me an a friend plan to book a cruise for the end of this year on the beginning of next. I don't want to just jump into this without making the right decision on what cruise to take. We are in our early 30's. What should I be looking for? After doing some quick reading I see the average age is 35-55... which I fall under. We are just out to have fun really... not looking for a relationship, just thought the whole cruise thing would be fun if we are with single people instead of sitting at dinner with a retired couple and a family of 4.... any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2008, 07:21 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Yes, just read these boards and book the cruise that best fits your personal profile. At your age and experience I might start with a shorter cruise and make sure it is the right thing for you. That way you are nor risking too much time or money.

Most people love the experience, but you never know for sure.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 09:10 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival

Carnival is great for having a younger crowd...actually I think its a very good mix, probably 30% under 35, 40 % 35-55 and 30 % over 55...Also, a shorter 3, 4, or 5 night cruise does tend to attract a younger crowd.... Have fun!
I'm 52, female, widowed. I have cruised on over 25 cruises. Azure Seas, Explorer Starship, Festival, Holiday, Tropicale, Costa Riviera, Southward, Legend of the Seas. Monarch of the Seas Carnival Legend 24Aug08) Carnival Victory 20Sept08)
Old August 4th, 2008, 04:41 PM
First Mate

Paul is correct in that a shorter cruise is a way to "test the waters" this was my first cruise and I loved it.

Single cruise is the best way to avoid those couples and family reserved tables and you will be with other singles who will be looking for adventure in the high seas. You are making a good choice for not choosing a relationship (though it does happen, even briefly) on a cruise ship because most people have high expectations in their search.

Have fun.

Old August 7th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Passenger

Yep, Carnival is the best to go on if you are single and in your early 30s'. They have enough activities on board to keep you busy and entertained. I go on cruises solo every year. Leaving in Nov. on a Carnival cruise. You will have a blast!
Fascination 2002
Destiny 2008