CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Singles (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/)
-   -   Cruisingforlove group (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/354831-cruisingforlove-group.html)

sunshineRN48 August 14th, 2008 08:15 PM

Cruisingforlove group

Hi everyone, looking for info on the CFL singles cruises. Good or bad experiences. Thanks!
sunshineRN48

pennyhunt August 16th, 2008 10:51 AM

Hi there...
I haven't cruised with CFL yet, but have a trip booked for Dec 14-21. Ann has been just wonderful answering my questions and getting things arranged. She seems to take a personal interest in her guests. You might try emailing her if you have specific questions.

Beetlegator August 16th, 2008 08:16 PM

I have been cruising with CFL twice and never had any problems with the company.

Don't expect a large crown, around 50 - 125 single passengers averaging in their 40s and 50s.

KathyInFlorida August 16th, 2008 10:17 PM

I'm also booked on the Dec 14-21 cruise, but I've not cruised with them before this.

showcat August 19th, 2008 02:58 PM

Cruising for Love

Did one with them, had a great time. Small groups should be called Cruising for Friendship instead. The activitys were fun, the group bonded quickly, though I prefer the larger groups of other companys, I would consider doing another one with CFL if I like the itinerary and price. Ann has some great deals and I'm glad she is still in business even with the larger companys out there.

Kaylynn723 August 20th, 2008 01:02 PM

Have done CFL

Hi,

I did a CFL cruise a couple years ago, very small group, but I had fun!! Didn't meet any men but met two girlfriends and we are cruising together for our third time on Nov. 30 on the Triumph!!!

So I agree with the cruising for friendship mentioned above!!

Have fun!!!

BSGNYC December 9th, 2008 04:51 AM

I really loved this group ! I went on a cruise with them last year. Christmas cruise. I met a guy and had an amazing time !!! I am going to go with them again- I would have for this Christmas but they didn't have the dates that worked for me.

Annmarie December 23rd, 2008 12:37 PM

I am planning my first trip with CFL in June 2009, weekend cruise. Glad to see so many people have had positive experiences traveling with them.

KathyInFlorida December 23rd, 2008 12:42 PM

AnnMarie:

I just got back from the Dec 14-21 cruise with CFL. Send me an email to KathySmithFL@aol.com and I will give you all the details!

Kathy

SuperB December 24th, 2008 05:44 PM

CFL Cruises ?

Hello
Can somebody tell me what is CFL single cruises ?

Au Revoir

KathyInFlorida December 24th, 2008 06:07 PM

CFL is www.cruisingforlove.com

LOL

SuperB December 25th, 2008 02:12 PM

Now I know

Bonjour
So Cruising for Love, well being a French Canadien, this is not obvious to meet and have long distance love, but hey you never know.

Joyeux Noel et Bonne Annee 2009

Beetlegator December 25th, 2008 02:46 PM

Kathy, how many people attended the cruise that week?

KathyInFlorida December 25th, 2008 02:52 PM

Beetlegator:

40 people on the CFL cruise last week.

Beetlegator December 25th, 2008 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathyInFlorida
Beetlegator:

40 people on the CFL cruise last week.

Thanks.

Having been on 2 CFL cruise I prefer the much larger crowds.

We Rock U March 19th, 2009 05:59 PM

HI

I am Booked to go on the Freedom on the 04/25/09 I seen another Mees/ Board up about CFL and it did not look good. I am not hard to please so I will be going.

I am a first time Cruiser and plan to have fun even if they Bomb out on me.

James

Beetlegator March 19th, 2009 06:28 PM

Re: HI

Quote:

Originally Posted by We Rock U
I am Booked to go on the Freedom on the 04/25/09 I seen another Mees/ Board up about CFL and it did not look good. I am not hard to please so I will be going.

I am a first time Cruiser and plan to have fun even if they Bomb out on me.

James

James,

It is ALWAYS best to go for the cruise experience first then for the people. If you are into huge crowds CFL is not a group you want to travel with. Don't get me wrong I traveled with the company a few times but I decided a large crowd works best for me.

What are you expecting on your first cruise, James?

We Rock U March 19th, 2009 07:05 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhh,

Great Question. I am looking to get away from it ALL. For 8 hole DAYS. And to meet new Friends.

James

We Rock U March 19th, 2009 07:08 PM

Oh Yeah

Does anybody know where The CFL Pre Chat is Located on the net?

Thanks in Advanced....

KathyInFlorida March 19th, 2009 09:34 PM

Re: Oh Yeah

Quote:

Originally Posted by We Rock U
Does anybody know where The CFL Pre Chat is Located on the net?

Thanks in Advanced....

Ann from CFL will set up a Yahoo group message board for your particular cruise about a week before the cruise. I met a person on this board that was on my cruise, and we started emailing months before the cruise, as well as with our respective roomates, so we felt like the small group of us knew each other before CFL's message board. That was helpful, as everyone is pretty busy the last week before the cruise to be using the CFL yahool board that gets set up.

We Rock U March 19th, 2009 09:52 PM

Thanks Much Kathy!!!!

We Rock U March 22nd, 2009 05:40 PM

Hello Kathy,

If there is anyway you Can E-mail me and let me know how your Trip with CFL went I would be much grateful for it.
Thanks,

James
StringedAcoustic@aol.com

49erfan March 22nd, 2009 11:41 PM

i went on a few (6) with Ann Rotman; they are good; when she is the cruise director, she really gives attention to everyone. The cruises are variable with ages and depending on the time of the year, there are many men/women mingling. You just have to make yourself a part of the group activities. She is very understanding and helpful.

ShareCruises July 9th, 2009 12:57 AM

I was on her Halloween cruise last year...thanks but no thanks

Very disorganized. Did not even give us wristbands or real name tags..
no way to tell who was on the cruise

we still had fun but NO thanks to Anne

49erfan July 9th, 2009 12:36 PM

I was on it too; first time, though that happened. But I met at the lido deck atrium area to sign in; and usually they give out name tags.Those two cruise directors she had didn't do anything for me; If Anne was the only one there, you would see a difference

jgemoets@gmail.com July 19th, 2009 05:46 PM

Annes Cruises

There seems to be some confusion that the name of the company has been changed which may or may not be true. When it was CFL I went to one from Seattle to Alaska. There were about 60 people in the group. They tended to be older than I had been accustomed to from a and different singles cruise company, but that was ok too since I was like 58 at the time. Before the cruise there was a a yahoo message board for those booked on it and there were many pair ups even on the first night that I am supposing were from people getting to know each other on the message board. I would certainly rate the cruise in the "ok range" John, NM