Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2008, 01:21 PM
Passenger

Default Singles Travel International

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has used Singles Travel International? If so, can you give me your thoughts. I am hoping to take a New Years Eve cruise with them in December, 2009.
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2008, 01:29 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Singles Travel International

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annmarie
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has used Singles Travel International? If so, can you give me your thoughts. I am hoping to take a New Years Eve cruise with them in December, 2009.
Hi Annmarie,

I am aware of Single Travel International, they are an adventure travel organization which does every type of travel where as VTG and Singles Cruise try to focus only on single cruises. It is also a dating site with people of varying ages. Looking over their website they cruise with small groups of people not as large as VTG or Singles Cruises.

As for going on New Years Eve cruises most are small because of the price increase for that time. If you like small groups this is for you. Personally, I like the large 150+ groups anything smaller that 30 people I just as well go alone and it would be alot cheaper.

Do some research on all of the single travel agents even make phone calls.

Good luck.

Old October 6th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Well from what I can tell, they seem legit, though a bit expensive. You may also wish to consider singlescruise.com and vacationstogo.com
I did like that if they cant find a roommate they pay the singles supplement, though I do not see paying near $1000 per person for a 7 day trip to the Caribbean or Mexican Riviera, which are typically the least expensive destinations, aside from the Bahamas.
Old October 6th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Passenger

Brad813 and Beetlegator:

Thank you both for your replies. It gave me alot to think about.

I have traveled with Vacations To Go twice before and loved it. I like having the larger group.

I have never gone with Singlescruise.com. I have not heard many positive comments about them.

Thanks again.

Annmarie
Old October 6th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Well, the main advantage I see with SinglesCruise is they seem to have lower costs for when you are really strapped for cash. I personally do find distaste in their choosing the older vessels most often, but on Carnival there wouldn't be any difference for me anyway. I have an affinity for alot of activities to choose from, which will likely make Royal Caribbean my cruiseline of choice when I have tried them all out. I tend to be a bit of a busy body though.
Old October 7th, 2008, 05:03 AM
First Mate

I have to agree with Brad, they seem legit but you have to ask yourself, do you really want to cruise with a company that may have a small attendance?

I did a Cruising for Love New Year's cruise a couple of year ago with 35 single passengers and I felt like I should have gone . . . alone. At least with a bigger crowd you would have a decent selection of people who I could possibly get along.

Old October 7th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Passenger

No, I don't want to travel with a smaller group. I like to meet as many people as I can. It makes the trip more fun.

At this point, I think I am going to change my plans and go with VTG in early December 2009 on a 40+ cruise. It is on the same ship, which looks like a beautiful ship for probably 1/2 the price of a NYE trip.

Thank you both again for your input.

Annmarie
Old October 7th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Admiral

You are most welcome. I run into the issue of trying to find an inexpensive 20-30s singles cruise. I opted for the one at the end of March with singlescruise.com because it is roughly $300 cheaper than the summer one with VTG.