Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Beginner

Default Average Ages of Various Singles Cruises

Hello,

I am looking at two possible choices in May 2008 through VTG.

One is to the Mediterranean and the other is the Mexican Riviera.

My first choice is the Mediterranean cruise, but the Mexican cruise is advertised as 40+ and I am 47.

I prefer to be with people around my age range, so here's my question for all you veteran cruisers (I am new to cruising):

When an age group is not specified on a singles cruise - what is the general age range- does it tend more to 20s & 30s or 40+.

I also mention this because I am a recent empty nester and I am looking for new friendships with others in the same boat - ok, pun intended.

Barefootgirl......
Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Beginner

I clicked too soon, sorry - May 2009!
Old December 21st, 2008, 08:34 AM
Familiar Face

i've only been on 2 and almost all the cruisers were darn close to 40 or 40+ up to the 60's if i had to guess ages. i'd only say all bets are maybe off during the 8 week [?] college spring break window.at any other time you are not going to have 18-23 year olds.the longer and more expensive a cruise is would attract fewer young people too. i think the biggest spoiler of the cruise is if they don't have close to a 50-50 boy/girl ratio because you don't form groups who want to do things together.
Old December 21st, 2008, 03:58 PM
Passenger

I have been on 2 cruises with VTG, one in the month of April and the other in the month of May.

On both cruises, the age group was from people in their early 30's to people in their 70's. It was great being with such an age range of people and I had a great time on both.
Old January 11th, 2009, 07:20 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to ALadyInNJ

I looked at some of the photos from the VTG singles cruises, and they looked like a good mix of ages. I am 48, and was considering going on the Dec 13th Caribbean cruise. I have cruised before, but have always gone with friends or family. I am going on my first cruise as a single now, and so I prefer to be around those of similar ages.

I am not really set on any specific itineraries or ports, as I enjoy the cruise itself - but I prefer to leave from the East Coast.

There was one site - singlescruises.com - where I looked at some of the photos, and they all looked like 20-30 something folks.

I'm going to look around, and if I find anything, I will post it here.
Old January 11th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annmarie
I have been on 2 cruises with VTG, one in the month of April and the other in the month of May.

On both cruises, the age group was from people in their early 30's to people in their 70's. It was great being with such an age range of people and I had a great time on both.
I have been on two VTG cruises too (one in February and one in October) we had the same age ranges (30-70), everyone had the greatest time. I just booked for the April 2009 cruise and was told the age range should be the same.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 08:38 PM
Admiral

VTG seems to have older singles, I prefer the 20-30 crowd though I'm older, I hate that I can't book with those groups. I have been on 3 VTG singles cruises and it's usually 35-60 with a few older a few younger. I felt sorry for a group of young pretty single ladies on one Halloween cruise no guys in their age group. I have never done Singles Cruise dot com cause their prices are higher. Cruising for Love has an older group also but their groups are smaller. Give it a shot and see what you think. I like the variety of age groups and find like minds attract. I have cruise friends in their 20's, 30's, 40's and 60's. Age really is not a factor it's personality.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old February 10th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default Ages of cruisers

I have been on three cruises sence November 2008. The majority of cruisers are 40 plus that are single.
You will always find younger cruisers in the night club.
But for the most part every ship has singles, the groups mentioned in the previous posts are great, remember, there are always younger and highly attractive cruiser in organized groups.

Good luck
Old April 5th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Admiral

Go the various single cruise websites and look at the pictures. Remember, most women are older than they look.

There is one single cruise company that tends to attract a younger set but that is because their cruises are shorter in duration. Any cruise of 7 days or longer will attract mostly 50+ with the average age probably in the 50's. There will always be a few younger single women there.

I have only done one single cruise and hated it. There was just too much boy/girl drama within the group. I would rather cruise with a group that is not comprised of "singles" or cruise solo. But that is just me.

Upcoming Cruzes
CCL Splendor

Past Cruzes
Freedom ('09), Imagination ('08), Victory ('08), Destiny ('08), RCCL Navigator ('08), RCCL Majesty ('08), Glory ('07), Liberty ('07), Fantasy ('07), Destiny ('06), NCL PofAm ('05), Fascination ('04), Victory ('04), Fascination ('04), RCCL Voyager ('03), Fantasy ('99)
Old June 11th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Default SINGLE CRUISER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyboy
I have been on three cruises sence November 2008. The majority of cruisers I saw are 40+ in age that are single.
The summer and holidays attarct the majority of 30 and under crowd.
But for the most part every ship has singles, the organized groups mentioned in the previous posts are great and are set up for direct meetings within the groups.

Good luck

The Diamond Princess 14-day cruise from Vancouver to Alaska and return departing June 20th 2009 will have one single guy onboard.
Old July 9th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Banned
Familiar Face

I am going on ECT (Jeannie's) Labor Day Cruise on Destiny

it is a 4 night cruise...and Baby Boomers (over 40)...

Her Halloween Cruise will be bigger...it is 21 and up...

I was on it last year...a good mix of singles of all ages...of course
people tended to hang out with their own age for some stuff, but we all had a blast

Her cruises are very affordable

(Cruising for Love is no more FYI)....

I have 20 of my friends on the Labor Day Cruise.

A friend of mine from Naples had a group of 30 on last years Halloween cruise and they are going on it again this year, and some other folks in Orlando have about 20 people booked

Jeannie is good to deal with. Short cruises are affordable
Of course, I live in South Florida and it is easy for me to get away on them

feel free to email me if you need info or ideas on South Florida
where to go when you are here pre/post cruise etc

you might even want to come to some of the events in my group/s

Esty

http://www.meetup.com/VIPstatus/calendar/10822735/
Old July 20th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to jgemoets@gmail.com
Default average age on singles cruises.

I have only been on seven of them but I did do some descriptive statistics on them based on ages listed on the message boards. Of course, it was based on self report so who knows the veracity of that? The bottom line was mid forties for both the mean and median with a whole bunch of variation at either end of the age scale. Never been on one of the age specific range singles cruise. The baby boomer ones ...thats like 1945 to 1971 birthdate, so go figure. John, NM