Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Familiar Face

Default solo cruisers

In your opinion what cruiseline is the best for solo cruisers, taking all things into account?
Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2009, 04:13 PM
Passenger

I think Carnival is the best for Solo cruisers. Reason number one: They have the Catagory 1-A, which is the cheapest and you can get a great rate on it. Or, whatever type of cabin you like you can get a great deal when a sale comes on.

Reason number 2 - You will fun more fun singles on board.

There is always lots of music and dancing everywhere.

Their t.v.'s in your cabin are connected to some of your favorite t.v. shows. I watched the finale of Survivor one time.

All other cruiselines has mostly couples or families who want to be together. The women are so jealous types.

I once asked a married couple if they wanted to share a cab into town. The stupid woman said, "I want to spend time alone with my husband".
"DUH"... IT WAS JUST A 5 MIN. RIDE.

Some women get so jealous on cruise ships. I may have to lie and say I have a boyfriend back home so the stupid women feel secure with their ugly husbands.lol. Chaps my hide. LucyR.
Old June 28th, 2009, 05:51 PM
First Mate

that was a great response lucy. i loved it. and i also believe carnival is the best for singles although i am sailing rc adventure in oct. but will be back on carnival again
Old June 29th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Passenger

Hi Kevin, RCCL is also a great ship when they have great deals for SOLOS.
I am cruising on Sept. 13th on RCL Mariner of the Seas. I will have several cruise-critic friends on that ship besides a cruiser friend who will have her own cabin too. I booked my own cabin at a great price.

I will be cruising again on the Carnival Splendor for HALLOWEEN.
There is a Singles group named Travelin' Singles that will be on that cruise ship on Oct. 25th. Their leader says they still have space for singles looking for a roomie.
I used to travel with them many years ago. Their phone #949-454-8333.
They have lots of singles land & cruises planned for the year. They have a website too.

Check them out. Lucy
Old July 2nd, 2009, 02:53 PM
Beginner

Hey Lucy
I have been on both sides of the fence, and yes a lot of women are possesive, but keep in mind that maybe thay have good reason to be. Perhaps in the past past a "single miss" has over stepped the boundaries of good taste and made these women wary of any possible overtures towards their men. I have seen single woman who purposely bait married men when they are with their wives just to satisfy their own egos, they shamelessly flirt with another womans man. Personally i think they are insecure themselves and are looking for an ego boost in the wrong place.
Be kind, treat others with dignified respect as I am sure you do.
Happy Cruising!
Old July 3rd, 2009, 04:45 PM
Passenger

Hi Funlover, the real problem is that you never know when you are speaking to a married man who has a jealous wife or girlfriend.

I have heard of gals being acosted by jealous women when a gal is just doing small talk to a man at a bar while drinking a drink.

When I had boyfriends I would never get angry with firtly gals because I knew my boyfriends where being faithful to me.

I once went on a snow trip with a group of singles. Some of the gals told me that a certain gal was flirting with my boyfriend and wanted him.
I said it is up to him.... if he choses to mess around with her then she can have him. But he stayed faithful. It made me proud to know that I had a faithful boyfriend.
My boyfriend was very handsome and adorable. The only problem with him was that I found out he was an alcoholic. I had to let him go.
I grew up with alcoholic parents. I didn't want to deal with an alcoholic boyfriend.

I totally respect married couples and gals who are with their boyfriends.
They pay a lot of money to go on a cruise ship. There is no way that I would want to mess up their fun together. Lucy
Old July 3rd, 2009, 05:07 PM
Beginner

Hey Lucy
You are a class act.
I look forward to maybe meeting with you someday.
Funlover
Old July 3rd, 2009, 11:03 PM
Passenger

HI again, I just booked a SOLO, 4 night cruise, Carnival Paradise ship. I got a great price for the cruise. I booked directly with a Carnival cruise agent. I was upgraded from Cat.1-A to a Cat.4-B...which means I get a queen bed instead of a twin bed. Plus, I paid for the lowest catagory.

I booked it for the month of Feb. for my birthday. I plan to invite some of my friends to cruise with me. "YEAH". Lucy
Old July 5th, 2009, 04:15 AM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by funlover
Hey Lucy
You are a class act.
I look forward to maybe meeting with you someday.
Funlover
Your words are beyond kind, funlover. I must forewarn you that Lucy has the tendency to twist another person's comments sound meaner, so it helps to defend her side of the story. And, if you do not agree with her, then she will label you as stupid.

"I once asked a married couple if they wanted to share a cab into town. The stupid woman said, (("I want to spend time alone with my husband")). -- LucyR --

sounded psychotic and self-righteous.
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Passenger

Hey Travel bum, professionalbum, etc. I can't remember all the names you have used on this website.

Don't worry..... I am out of here because I can't stand TROLLS like you who like to ruin what I have to say about cruising.

It doesn't help to report you either because you always manage to find a new name for yourself.Buh, bye. LucyR.
Old July 7th, 2009, 08:21 PM
First Mate

lucy, don't worry what other ignorant people say. you are an experienced cruiser with a lot to offer on this site. please continue your posts.
Old July 7th, 2009, 09:37 PM
Passenger

Thank you Kevin for being supportive. Lucy R.
Old July 10th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Admiral

Default Solo Cruising

As someone who knows Luci personally there is no sweeter women out there. She is so helpful and has years of experiance cruising, she always answers all my questions, and we have had a blast on the cruises we shared together. Luci is the life of the party and I am blessed to be her friend.

I agree there are some insecure stupid women out there, I've met some of them myself. Just being polite while their husbands asked me questions, so I answered. I had my boyfriend with, but she got all upset. I had no interest in her ugly man, I had my own handsome one. Attractive/secure people don't worry about this because they know if someone cheats they can do better.

So insulting Luci's her character is way out of line! Don't let the trolls scare you away Luci just report them and ignore them.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:00 PM
First Mate

nice job showcat. i have not met lucy, but would like to some day. always has good cruise info, and sounds like she would be the life of the party.
Old July 10th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Passenger

Thank you Showcat and Kevin for your strong support. I really feel better now. I totally dislike being flamed by trolls. Lucy R.
Old July 16th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyR.
Thank you Showcat and Kevin for your strong support. I really feel better now. I totally dislike being flamed by trolls. Lucy R.
Lucy, Good to see you post here again, I know you haven't posted as much due to the trolls in the last year or so. The board has been very quiet while you were gone. I haven't met you either but have read many posts over the years. People just need to relax and let others express their opinions here particularly with regards to cruise experience. Sure we all may not agree with what everyone says but there is no reason we can't share our cruising advice and let people decide for themselves which side of the fence they are comfortable with.

Anyway, enjoy the cruises you have booked, my next one is on the Carnival Spirit out of San Diego. I just returned from a short 5 day on the Enchantment which I enjoyed.
Old July 18th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Passenger

Hi Vince, thank you for your support. Yes, I do know a lot of information because I am a cruise addict and I am always learning new things about cruising.
The information on cruising keeps changing so it would be dumb to write a book on cruising because of all of the new changes than can happen at the last minute with cruising on cruise ships.

What is true today may change tomorrow. I like to stay updated. Lucy
Old July 19th, 2009, 09:09 AM
First Mate

hi lucy,have you ever sailed on royal caribbean adventure of the seas from P.R. just wondering how the single- solo crowd would be.
Old July 20th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Passenger

Hey Kevin I have to send you a private message on your question. Lucy
Old July 28th, 2009, 08:12 PM
First Mate

hey lucy give me a ring
Old July 29th, 2009, 04:25 AM
Passenger

Hey Kevin, send me your phone number in a private message to me. I have long distance calling so I can talk as much as I want. Lucy R.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:23 PM
Familiar Face

Hi,

People cruise for many different reasons. Your age and your expectations are very important to consider.

I have been on 5 cruises as a solo cruiser. On two I found cabin mates before leaving but spend very little time with either of them. They were lovely cabin mates and we had no problems, just different interests. On my last cruise, Crown Princess, there were at least 100 solo cruisers. They have a time onboard when you can all get together and meet. The cruise before I met 4 solo cruiser, Celebrity Infinity.

If you are in the looking for cruise mate category. I am available for some cruises. I am wanting to go places I have not been before.

SuJoy
Old October 30th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Protocol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin c
hey lucy give me a ring
Kevin, usually it is customary for the man to give the lady a ring..just an observation

I do appreciate your confidence and assertive stance though...

(I crack me up sometimes..)
21 Princess

"You may have less scars, but I'll have better stories"

facebook.com/buggystuff

Friend me if you like!
Old December 1st, 2009, 07:16 PM
First Mate

thanks brad for putting me in my place, you are right.
2007 carnival liberty
2005 carnival destiny
2004 rccl radiance of the seas
2003 rccl explorer of the seas