Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Beginner

Default First Solo Cruise - Mariner of the Seas, Oct 25 - Nov 1

I'm taking my first solo cruise on Mariner of the Seas Oct 25-Nov 1. Looking for any tips on how to meet people onboard. Also looking for anyone who is also taking this cruise and wants to meet up and hang out!
Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Passenger

Default Re: First Solo Cruise - Mariner of the Seas, Oct 25 - Nov 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlove13
I'm taking my first solo cruise on Mariner of the Seas Oct 25-Nov 1. Looking for any tips on how to meet people onboard. Also looking for anyone who is also taking this cruise and wants to meet up and hang out!
Congrats on your first solo cruise! I've cruised 8 times as a solo, most recently on Mariner in August. Meeting people on a cruise ship is very easy because cruisers by and large are a happy group.

Meeting people is easy, ask if they are enjoying the cruise, if they have cruised before, where are they from, etc. Join in the activities on the ship and sign up for excursions that interest you. Be open, be friendly, be positive.

Sign up for traditional dining because RCCL's MTD doesn't work for solo cruisers at all, just they don't know what to do with us. Speaking of dining, try breakfast in the main dining room, you will be seated at a group table and meet many different people each day.

If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer if I can.

Go forth and have a great time!
Old October 7th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Passenger

You are going to have the best time ever because I am guessing there will be two hundred singles from the Hosted Singles from Vacations to GO group. That group will be on that ship for Halloween.
Ask the Matri Di on the first day to put in a late dinning table near the Singles group. That is what I did one time and I got to meet some of the singles.
Some of them like to hang out at the bars.
On the first day and maybe second day they will all be wearing blue t-shirts and a name tag in a container on a lanyard.

Just ask the persons you want to meet who they are and where they are from and you will be able to get to know them better.

They will also be wearing a blue wrist band. Maybe the color has changed.
You will not be able to participate in their activities but you will be free to mingle with them around the ship.

In the mornings they like to eat at the buffet til 10 a.m.
Some of them will be signing up for the ship tours so you will get to meet some of them.

I will be cruising on the Carnival Splendor for Halloween and there will be a different singles group on my cruise.

I think most all the ships will have singles on the ships for Halloween.

Anyway, you will be having lots of fun because it will be a Halloween cruise and the Mariner is perfect for a Halloween cruise. Have lots of fun.