Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 24th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Beginner

Default Single, 24, Info on cruises/ singles activities

My Info:
I'm a 24 y/o single straight male, from DC, recently out of a relationship, and if I'm going on vacation, I guess while I'm at it, I want to play the field so to speak. I don't necessarily need to be on a booze cruise drunken hook-up fest, but I do want to be able to meet and spend time, drink, dance, and generally hang out with with single people in their 20's/30's.

I read about singlescruises.com and it looks like a great cruise would be the 20's/30's one they do in April, which I could do if I have to, but the problem is that I'm self-employed, and the perfect time for me to travel would be right now through Christmas. Going later in the spring would probably mean that I would lose business, so I'd prefer to go now (I could literally go this weekend, plus some of these last-minute prices are ubercheap).

My Questions:
1) Say I were taking a carnival cruise. As a single guy who is more social than most, but is not the biggest extrovert in the world, are there activities I could go to for singles as opposed to just wandering around the boat and creeping people out when I'm "that random guy" who is trying to hang out with them? My fear is that by not booking with one of the singles cruises where they have a separate set of single activities, I won't meet up with people to do stuff with, and I'll have a lousier time because of it.

2) I'm looking at a couple 7-day carnival cruises that go out of Baltimore in the next few weeks, any idea if those might have what I'm looking for, or if the non-FL cruises attract a different crowd? Probably reaching in the dark on this question, but what the hell.
Edit/Delete Message
Sponsored Links
Old December 31st, 2009, 06:33 AM
david30101

Most if not all cruiselines usually have a singles gathering on the first day in one of the clubs. Im familiar with Carnival and going on my 9th one this spring. Ask for late seating for dinner. Most familys with kids go to early seating. I think late is better for singles. Usually single people get assigned a table with other single people. Hang out in the disco after about 11pm till 1-2. About that time allot of off duty crew go there. Im a loner myself and very shy around women. Ive had 2 encounters with women out of the 18 cruises Ive been on.. Odds arent good for me, most likely you will do better. Im not good at starting a conversation.