Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 7th, 2009, 10:23 PM
Beginner

Default Solo on ship with organized singles' cruise

Last summer I booked a week for 2 on the 4/4/10 Carnival Valor. Due to an unforseen circumstance I will be going alone now. While researching the cruise I've learned there's a hosted 20's-30's singles cruise that week on the Valor.

I'm a 34 yr old now-single male that's cruised before but never solo. I'm independent so I'm not worried about being on my own or meeting people. I just don't wanna feel like an outcast all week.

Did I luck out that I'm on the ship during a singles cruise or will I miss out on meeting the people in the group because I'm not signed up? Thoughts from you experienced solo/singles cruisers??
Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

You did luck out that it will be a singles cruise while you are going and yes you should be able to meet many people that week. However, you won't be able to join them for any of the private activities that they will have as it is exclusively for that group.

BTW: to identify the singles in that group, just look for the ones with the beads around their neck with their name on it.

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream

Jubilee July '86
Celebration May '88
Fantasy June '90
Sovereign of the Seas May '93
Windjammer Polynesia June '06
Carnival Triumph May '07
Carnival Freedom Dec.'07
Carnival Imagination Oct.'08
Carnival Destiny Dec.'08
Carnival Liberty May '09
Carnival Freedom Nov.'09
Old January 28th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Passenger

Dear JD

I have cruised with friends, family and solo and my best advice I can give a solo traveler is the day you board the ship find out what time the dining room is open - find the head waiter and asked to be seated at a table with singles. This is one of the best ways to ensure you are meeting individuals the very first night at dinner.

I usually not only check to see if I am at a table with singles if that cannot be worked out I will then usually request that I am not seated at a table with childern - no offense to anyone with kids, I have my own but when I go on vacation I do not want to be at a table with children.

Dr Plunger was correct that you will not be able to join in the organized group activities but there will be plenty of places to join them where you can mingle amongst them - I know on my last singles cruise we were all wearing our beads at the beach and folks that knew we were singles would watch for the group with the beads and would join us there - it was always the more the merrier.
NCL-Norwegian Spirit 12/17/04
CCL-Valor 05/08/05
CCL-Valor 04/30/06
CCL-Imagination 09/10/07
RCL-Sovereign of the Seas 12/10/07
RCL-Liberty of the Seas 03/01/08
CCL-Pride 09/14/08
Old February 21st, 2010, 12:33 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi I have a couple friends going on this cruise. This will be a fun cruise. The singles have have some organized or private functions in which only single group members can participate. You will probably meet these people at the dance club or piano bar in the evenings. You picked a good cruise to go solo. Chad