Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 5th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Passenger

Default Thinking about going solo Disney, Celebrity or Norwegian

Hi Everyone
I'm considering taking my first cruise solo. I have to say it's exciting but a little scary at the same time. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Celebrity or Norwegian? I have sailed Disney twice and I know I would be comfortable on that cruise but the price is a touch higher then where I would like to be. Is there anyone sailing any of these cruise lines between now and the end of March?

Thanks so much
Carnival Imagination
Costa Classica
Holland Westerndam
Disney Magic "07"
Disney Magic "06"
RCCL Legend of the Seas

Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Passenger

Well I been on the Pearl (NCL) as a single and it was great. They had lots of entertainment and the staff was excellent...Staff often stopped me to chat and see if I needed anything etc...
Single cruising can be a great experience as long as you are in the right mind set.
Old January 5th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Passenger

Hi

Thank you so much. I did look at a few NCL cruises. Would you know if they offer discounts on upcoming sailings if you book while on the ship? I have a Bermuda cruise book with my girls in August on the Spirit but can cacel before hand if they offer the discount.
Carnival Imagination
Costa Classica
Holland Westerndam
Disney Magic "07"
Disney Magic "06"
RCCL Legend of the Seas

Old January 5th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

As a younger single I would recommend Carnival first and probably NCL second (or Royal Caribbean). Be sure to go to dinner and sit with other people (try open seating so you get new people all the time).

Honestly, Disney is not just couples-oriented, it is family oriented. My gut tells me a single would feel pretty isolated on a cruise like that.
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Passenger

Hi

I wish I could concider myself young LoL. I'm really looking to go a relax, pretty much sun worship the whole week. I'll be turning 41 in Jan so I'm not sure I'm that into the drinking and partying seen especially going it alone, that is a bit scary. I cruised Disney twice and both times I met groups of people I went to the bars with at night since the ex was somewhat of a pooper LoL. I had an absolute blast.
I wouldn't mind trying Norwegian but I guess my concern would be just coming into the dining and plopping myself down at a table where everyone knows everyone else. I love the gyms on the ships so I would like to find one that has it all so to speak. I'm also really hoping I can find a travel mate for the cruise and if I was able to do so I think I would be more apt to go with Carnival or RCCL. Is there a Carnival or RCCL ship you would recommend where I won't be in the midst of 20 year olds? I have only sailed the Legend with RCCL and the 4 ships listed in my siggy with Carnival and those I found to be party ships.

Thanks for your help
Maria
Carnival Imagination
Costa Classica
Holland Westerndam
Disney Magic "07"
Disney Magic "06"
RCCL Legend of the Seas

Old January 5th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Well... even with the Carnival the average of age passengers - including families with kids, is about 42 (you are right there). So I doubt you will ever be surrounded by 20 yo's - except maybe on a 3-day weekend cruise to Nassau. But they would probably be more like 30+.

Tell the maitre D you want to be seated with single people. Hopefully he will have some. Open seating means it is just one meal - so even if it is bad it can get better the next night.

Go to the nightclubs and talk to people. Tell the nice ones you are traveling solo so they know to include you - otherwise they will think you already have someone somewhere for you to hang out with.

You have cruised before, you know how it is. I don't think you need to fear the other passengers being too young.