CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Singles (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/)
-   -   NO Singles Supplement for Epic Studio Staterooms! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/370821-no-singles-supplement-epic-studio-staterooms.html)

Paul Motter January 13th, 2010 06:26 PM

NO Singles Supplement for Epic Studio Staterooms!

Huge news for singles!

01-13-10
http://www.cruisemates.com/images/news.gif
In an amazing announcement for single cruisers, the new "Studio Staterooms" on Norwegian Epic will be sold to singles with NO singles supplmenent. These rooms feature a bedroom and bathroom, but just a small seating area. The 128 Studio Staterooms do share a common living area, however, which will make cruising like one big happy family for singles.

Nothing like this has been offered a cruise ship ever before - a distinct area for singles with a living-room style common area.

Norwegian Epic's Studios are now the first staterooms specially designed and priced for single occupancy - starting at just $799 per cabin on either of the 7-day Eastern or Western Caribbean itineraries. The Studio staterooms are available on all of Norwegian Epic's sailings - with no single supplement.

They go on sale Monday, January 18, 2010. Norwegian Epic is scheduled to debut in America in May 2010.

"Historically, the cruise industry has not embraced the large number of people who enjoy traveling solo," said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line's chief executive officer. "We are breaking the mold of traditional cruising once again by offering a stateroom designed and priced specifically for solo travelers, making cruising a more attractive travel option. We invite all solo travelers - whether they are first-time cruisers or cruising veterans -- to sail on our incredible new Freestyle Cruising ship, Norwegian Epic."

The Studios area onboard Norwegian Epic is a private key-card access complex. There are two decks with 128 staterooms and the Studio Lounge. This unique and thoughtfully designed concept provides comfort and convenience for the solo traveler. Each Studio stateroom is approximately 100 square feet with a full-size bed and separate areas for the commode, sink and shower.

Guests in the Studios have private access to the exclusive Studio Lounge to get coffee, drinks and snacks, meet up with fellow cruisers and relax at night. Many of the Studio staterooms are connecting so friends can travel together and still have their own private space.

Studio Staterooms
http://www.cruisemates.com/images/clearpixel.gif
The Studio staterooms represent a new concept for accommodations in modern cruise ships. The name and the design come from urban "studio apartments" that have just one room with all the basics. These staterooms, at just 100 sq. ft., contain a queen-size or two twin beds and separate bathroom facilities. The shower and toilet are each in separate compartments.

They have the same modern design as the other staterooms on the ships (see our article on F3 stateroom design), but also come with customizable color-changing lighting effects that mirror different stages of the day or the guest's mood, including a "love" setting for romantic nights at sea.

click on pictures below for larger images:
http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/g...thumb81637.jpg http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/g...thumb81635.jpg
Studio Stateroom Studio Staterooms Common Living Room

All studio staterooms are centered on a two-deck-tall common area called "the Living Room," featuring a concierge, bar, room service, two large TV screens, and comfy seating for hanging out, reading a book or just enjoying a cocktail before dinner. Each "Studio" has a large, round picture window looking into the common corridor; keycard-controlled access to the living room is limited to the guests staying in one of the 128 studio staterooms.

showcat January 13th, 2010 11:17 PM

This is awesome news will some of these cabins be ocean view or balcony or just inside?

roguebkpkr January 17th, 2010 11:34 AM

Howdy:

They R all inside cabins.

This has potential. I'm wondering if the singles companies are going to hop on this.

Rogue

LucyR. February 2nd, 2010 03:07 PM

The VTG Host Singles has already booked a cruise on the Epic. I wish I could try out one of those cabins but the ship leaves out of Florida and I don't like to fly because of the new hassells for flying.

If that ship ever comes to the west coast I will jump on that ship.

I like the idea of the window facing the Promenade. I have had a cabin like that before on the RCL Mariner of the Seas.

Hey Showcat.... this would be a great cruise for you. I am positive that all of the VTG Members will book those cabins and have total fun in their Living Room. Great place for singles to hang out at.

I total love the idea of those tiny cabins with a shared living room. LucyR.

kevin c February 2nd, 2010 05:36 PM

hey lucy and showcat. i canceled my rci oasis cruise to try one of these cabins. first time going on ncl also. i will be saving 1100.00 dollars changing cruises. 900.00 including all on the epic.

Vincev February 2nd, 2010 07:43 PM

Epic Single rates

Ok, I see all the talk about the Epic Single rates with no Supp but honestly unless things have changes a lot since I looked you can pretty much book your own cabin on a lot of ships for the same money. Perhaps the prices have dropped a lot? For example there are great prices on the Mariner right now out of CA for singles, they can't fill the ship. You may pay 200% but the rate is so low it is a good buy for a single. Just saw today for a Tuesday special great pricing on a Independence of the sea. Of course we all know Carnival has pretty good single rates but honestly it seems the 1A's are booking fast these days.

Happy cruising to all and I am taking advantage of all the deal here in FL while I am living here. Will probably be returning to the midwest at the end of the year.

LucyR. February 5th, 2010 02:22 AM

Kevin, Have lots of fun on the Epic. It is going to be great fun because
the bedroom does have a round window to see the promenade deck.
What I think is fantastic is that you have access to a SINGLES Livingroom just for the people who booked those cabins.

I think it is a fantastice idea. I may get a friend to try cruising with me on that ship.... even if I have to fly to Florida.

Vincev, it is true that there are cheapy cruises on different ships but what I really like is that at least 128 singles will be in those cabins with access to the Living room to get to know some of the singles better.

The cruiseline can set it up for those solos to sit together at dinner time. too. That would be great.

I have already booked a beautiful Cat.-1-A cabin on the Carnival Splendor for Halloween. I only paid $553. total price for my cabin. I love the Splendor and have already cruised 4 times on it. Plus, I don't have to fly.

You are so lucky to be living in Florida so you can go on any ship at a great rate.

I think the EPIC costs more but I like the great idea that they are catering to Singles and solo cruisers. LucyR.

Paul Motter February 6th, 2010 02:53 PM

Since they are all inside cruises - I think the window goes to the common area - not to the promenade deck (that would make them oceanview cabins).

Vincev February 7th, 2010 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LucyR. (Post 1272032)
Kevin, Have lots of fun on the Epic. It is going to be great fun because
the bedroom does have a round window to see the promenade deck.
What I think is fantastic is that you have access to a SINGLES Livingroom just for the people who booked those cabins.

I think it is a fantastice idea. I may get a friend to try cruising with me on that ship.... even if I have to fly to Florida.

Vincev, it is true that there are cheapy cruises on different ships but what I really like is that at least 128 singles will be in those cabins with access to the Living room to get to know some of the singles better.

The cruiseline can set it up for those solos to sit together at dinner time. too. That would be great.

I have already booked a beautiful Cat.-1-A cabin on the Carnival Splendor for Halloween. I only paid $553. total price for my cabin. I love the Splendor and have already cruised 4 times on it. Plus, I don't have to fly.

You are so lucky to be living in Florida so you can go on any ship at a great rate.

I think the EPIC costs more but I like the great idea that they are catering to Singles and solo cruisers. LucyR.

Hi Lucy, great price on the Splender for Halloween. As you know Halloween cruises are always fun. Yes, I may try the Epic someday but right now it isn't a priority unless the deal was really good.

Paul Motter March 30th, 2010 12:00 PM

I will be going on the first Epic cruise - June 24th transatlantic. Please post here if you are interested in this ship and look for our reports about the ship.

Deckdivacologne May 1st, 2010 05:08 AM

Hey Paul..
this sounds and looks awsome - even to me as a loyal Royal..can you help me to find a price for this for 950$???you know probably best the best deals around in the moment..
would appreciate your help if available
Cheers DDC

Deckdivacologne May 1st, 2010 05:15 AM

where did you get this deal..i need your travel agency please i got an quote of 1250 bucks..grts DDC

jp2001 May 16th, 2010 07:05 AM

Sorry if I disapoint you but NCL states that it is a one-way see through window is to the corridor leading to the living room (not as nice as atrium or living room view). I think the room does look nice and would be perfect for savy solo travellers though. Here is a link to the deck plan :Norwegian Epic ? The Next Level of Freestyle Cruising from Norwegian Cruise Line - Deck Plans

When it first came out, they said the studios were for 2 people... that was a bit crazy, but then they revised the price for solo-travellers (I think they had no choice, they probably couldn't sell many at double-occupancy at the same rate as the regular inside rooms). I'm thinking about taking next year Miami-Barcelona Transatlantic Crossing.