Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Beginner

Default Solo on Epic Jan. 22, 2011

I just booked myself in one of the studio (solo) cabins on the NCL Epic out of Miami on January 22, 2011. It would be great to meet some people before hand that I could meet up with during the trip. Anyone else on this sailing?

H
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2010, 10:37 PM
Beginner

Cool Epic 1/22/11

Hi I am thinking about booking the 1/22/11 cruise on the Epic. I have never cruised before so I will be a first timer, but I have done a lot of research and I think this would be a great experience for me. I hope to meet others who are going on the same cruise so we can have a great time and make my first time a memorable one!

Angie
Old September 27th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Beginner

Hi Angie,

I actually decided to go on a different ship. I will be sailing on the Celebrity Eclipse on Jan 22, 2011 instead of the Eclipse.

I changed my mind because the Eclipse had more "enrichment" activities, like cooking classes and lectures on interesting topics. Some other things too. The Epic was a little too much party for me. I'm also 32 and I was worried the crowd might be a bit young for me. That being said, I'm worried Celebrity might be a bit old for me, but at least I know I have something to talk about with people older than myself and there are other opportunities to occupy my mind.

If you end up changing plans and by chance end up on Eclipse on Jan. 22, definitely come by our roll call on cruisecritic.com and say hi. Several solo cruisers there already.

Holly
Old September 27th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Beginner

Good luck Holly!

Sounds like you found the cruise of your dreams *smile*

I actually booked a different cruise myself I am going to the Epic leaving April 30th to the western Caribbean. It is my first time and I feel good about it. I just hope I find so other solo cruisers to hang out with.

Well happy sailings!!

Angie
Old November 28th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Beginner

Hi Holly and Angie, what a rollecoaster of posts with you girls!lol
I am actually thinking about booking this cruise and was going to get in touch with you but now you both changed your minds.
Is anyone else thinking of booking this cruise?
Tamara
Old January 1st, 2011, 09:16 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Everyone,

I just booked the Jan 22nd cruise. I'm solo and it's my first time. It would be great to meet other travelling solo or that want to get a cocktail. lol.

~sage
Old January 2nd, 2011, 02:34 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via ICQ to talenavi Send a message via Yahoo to talenavi Send a message via Skype™ to talenavi

Hi Everyone,
I have been cruising on Epic Nov 27-Dec 4 and had amazing time. Check my Norwegian Epic Blog I am going to book January 22 on Epic again, sharing the cabin. I will be looking forward to get a great company for dining/board activities.

Holly, I had my Eclipse cruise just a week before Norwegian Epic and had a chance to compare them both. Eclipse is relaxing, Epic is fun... Celebrity cruises aren't so good for organizing singles cruisers, however, its elegant atmosphere, great dining and amenities are totally satisfactory for those who are going to the cruise to relax and rejuvenate.
Old January 7th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Familiar Face

I am very interested in taking a cruise and will be alone also. Are you taking the 7 day or 14 day? Could you tell me a little about yourself? I am female and will be 42 as of Jan 14th. I am not much of a partier, cuz I love to take in all there is to take in. Like to go into the islands and not hang out at the ports! Please get back to me ASAP!

Thanks,

Michelle
Old January 7th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Familiar Face

Are you taking the Jan 22nd cruise? I'm confused by all the posts and lost track of which one you were referring to! I am interested in going back to Costa Maya, as I went there last cruise, last January, and loved it! Let me know which one you're taking. Looking for others to do things with as being completely alone doesn't sound like fun. Plus I love to go into the island and experience it al and safer in groups!

Thanks,

Michelle
Old August 5th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Did you stay in one of the singles studios? I would like to know more about them from someone who has stayed in them. Thank you.
Old September 16th, 2011, 07:54 PM
Familiar Face

Michelle,

I am thinking of booking the epic in January in one of their solo studio rooms. You and I would get along famously.
Old September 17th, 2011, 05:57 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonflyDeb View Post
Michelle,

I am thinking of booking the epic in January in one of their solo studio rooms. You and I would get along famously.
For the last 2 posters, the posts you looked at were from 2010!