Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 18th, 2010, 09:50 PM
Banned
Familiar Face

Default 103 singles at Halloween..FUN...BUT Carnival new policy very bad....where to???

our group cruise on Destiny was great group...103 in our single's group...not the biggest but just right size

we had a blast....such a good group of fun loving people..we must have 1000 pictures ...

I must say Carnival was not so good this time (but the cruisers didn't realize it)...the maitre d and group coordinator lady and especially the hotel director Kevin just "sucked">> period
they didn't "honor" our group cocktail party, allowed a (hostile) "Milestone" cruiser who is stalking a gal in our group to join us with the Permission of Kevin

and yes...it is all reported to Carnival and heads should roll IMHO

anyhow.....ship was nice, entertainment was great....Music Network cover band were super...loved Cozumel, went to new place Ocean Resort, all inclusive ...they kept bringing the drinks and the buffet was great, nice pool, brand new loungers, high marks to this one....booked thru cozumel water sports....Quin does a great job

2 more Carnival cruises for our groups>>>>

going on another Dec 10...3 nighter
really good prices...like $256 for outside shared all port fees/taxes included
Carnival Imagination

and on Jan 30 we will be the Pirates of the Carrib on Glory
super group on that one....Nassau, San Juan, St Thomas, Grand Turk!
Lots of singles, good guy/gal ratio...and so much fun
we plan a Pirate dress up night (on one of the "casual" nights)

after that I think we are doing NCL cause Carnival new policies are really really awful...yuck
too bad

Carnival now wants 200% for solos..and if more than 10 in a group book a solo they charge ALL Solo cabin cruisers in the group a $40 a day supplement,,,idiotic

they also have a new deal where they only let the TA hold "space" for group for 30 days...impossible to get a good group of singles that fast really

that is why we are going to give NCL a try...the freestyle might be harder for the group orgs to "run">>> BUT if you have 20 plus in the group they will assign you a dining time...I figure we can "vote" on one night in a specialty restaurant for the (majority) of group and of course people can break off and do their own thing..no problem

I just am angry that Carnival has been so ridiculous

example : we have always, always "mix and mingled" in the dining room after first (seated in your assign seat) night...even advertise cruises this way and every singles cruise I have been on allowed it

on the 2nd night the Maitre d and the so called "group coordinator" Tanya yelled at some of my cruisers for changing seats...I showed them our "carnival approved" list of perks and duhhh...

I am looking forward to my next 2 Carnival cruises....Destiny is their worst ship and I would never sail it again but most were happy

after that...NCL here I come

(and this is not just the agency I use...the new policies affect them all..notice how many of "next years" cruises are on Princess, Hal, Celebrity..and how many are really expensive

JMO>>> cruiselines do think people are on the ark...2 x2
at least Norwegian has the new solo cabins on Epic and honors a booking rate for groups
Sponsored Links