Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2011, 02:08 PM
Familiar Face

Talking May Cruise?

36,f, looking to break away from work mid to late May. Considering cruising alone on the Dream. I have always cruised with a group of friends or with partner..recently single and looking to escape to the caribbean. Really looking for feedback in regards to others experiences as a solo cruiser....
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2011, 08:03 PM
Admiral

First solo once I became single was a challenge. Got through it, but cruise 2 was easier. I started with a 4 nighter, but I live near a port so no extra fees to fly. Immediatly start mingling with people at the pool area. What I missed was conversation with how the day went etc. On the flip side you have no one to answer to, do what you want and when you want.
Remember you'll pay a great deal more by being alone in a cabin. Also, cruise fares are on the way up as cruise season comes into full bloom. Some rates are lower during hurricane season, but you need to follow rates closely. This fall, once school is back in session, rates take a dive.
Old February 20th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Familiar Face

hi. i been on 11 cruises 6 solo i really like going solo. just start talking away be nice and you will meet many new friends. enjoy your freedom lol
Old February 20th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Familiar Face

Talking Thank you

both for the feedback...I am still researching. Have either of you ever been on a singles cruise? Another maybe option....so many options.
Old February 21st, 2011, 06:30 AM
Admiral

I have not. I might like one, events and activities are geared to people who enjoy this type of thing, and all are in the same boat of being single. The cost is higher, but you are paying for the service you'll receive.
Old March 3rd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Familiar Face

Default Still searching

So I am still checking out all of my options....not used to planning just for me. I have only vacationed once by myself and then I got in the car and drove, stopped, drove, etc. I really enjoyed the freedom, but still missed the travel buddy at times. I have been worried that being trapped on a boat alone for a week may be a bit much.
Old March 9th, 2011, 01:28 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet&single View Post
So I am still checking out all of my options....not used to planning just for me. I have only vacationed once by myself and then I got in the car and drove, stopped, drove, etc. I really enjoyed the freedom, but still missed the travel buddy at times. I have been worried that being trapped on a boat alone for a week may be a bit much.
I am going through the same exact thought..... also, I've looked at plenty of different cruises. I have decided that a "singles" cruise will be my choice. I am quite social but for some reason worry about being alone on the trip.. maybe its just in my head... A getaway is much needed and this would be my first cruise.
Old March 9th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Admiral

Going alone vs. having a "new" buddy is a tradeoff for me. Losing the familiarity of a past partner is the glich, at least for me. Now, I've lost that "security". On April 2, going on Carnival Dream with a new pal. She is solo, met on my last cruise during our chats in a smoking area. Now, the question comes about what I like vs. what she likes, will we be joined at the hip? Hope not. But, I'll have a familiar face to connect with. It will be the test for me, will I prefer solo or sharing with someone?
Old March 9th, 2011, 01:42 PM
Welcome Newcomer

im currently looking at the one leaving april 9th or march 27th
Old March 9th, 2011, 06:54 PM
First Mate

Hi Sweet&Single, and Argentino also,

If you decide to try a hosted singles cruise, sign up early enough so you can find out who is, and chat with, your potential room mate. Ask the company if they allow you to swap room mates with others in the group before, or after, boarding the ship if it appears you two don't "click".

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow
Nov2014-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@Jacksville
Old March 10th, 2011, 12:24 PM
Familiar Face

Default Bon Voyage

Ed...thank you for the insight.....I hope that both Boss and Argentino have a wonderful time...check back in after and share your thoughts if you have time. I am still undecided at this moment, but May will be here soon.
Old March 10th, 2011, 11:30 PM
Welcome Newcomer

i havent decided yet.....
Old March 19th, 2011, 02:48 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
36,f, looking to break away from work mid to late May. Considering cruising alone on the Dream. I have always cruised with a group of friends or with partner..recently single and looking to escape to the caribbean. Really looking for feedback in regards to others experiences as a solo cruiser....
I am on the Carnival Liberty on May 21 -2011. This is the cruise for you. Let get this party started.
Old March 19th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Familiar Face

I like the ports...and 3 days at sea.
Old March 30th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to binarytornado

I may be interested in cruising with you for my first cruise. We will need to chat first and talk later to see if it would be a good fit for both of us. I need someone to show me the ropes so to speak since I have never cruised before. If you are interested then please email me at binarytornado@yahoo.com

Thanks and have a great day!

Ryan
Old April 7th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Wink

So nice to know I'm not the only one out there going through the same thing.
My name is Eric, and since I've taken my first cruise back in 2006, I have been totally hooked! Like some of you in here, most of my friends either don't have the funds, the time off, or aren't interested in going on cruises. (Yep, that last one is true. Couldn't believe it either. hehe)
Since 2006, I've already been on 8 cruises. Add the 3 cruises I have planned this year, and you'll see I'm not kidding. (May 7th, one week caribbean. Sept 10th, five day Bermuda. Oct 24th, four day Bahamas.)
I've taken 3 cruises solo, and haven't regretted a single one. Sites like this help out so much. even if you meet up with families or couples, it's still great.
My next 2 cruises are solo, and I'm looking forward to it...
Old April 16th, 2011, 07:11 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Ed...thank you for the insight.....I hope that both Boss and Argentino have a wonderful time...check back in after and share your thoughts if you have time. I am still undecided at this moment, but May will be here soon.
Got back on the 9th. Roomshare worked out in my case, considering we didn't really know each other previously. Will likely do it again when finances and time off work permits. We were not joined at the hip, so that was good. It was nice when rejoining and locating a familiar face in the crowd, going to eat, chatting with the same person more than once. I guess that was part of "my needs". Got a last minute inexpensive upgrade to a cove balcony, that proved to be a plus as we both smoke and love morning coffee (I bring a small coffee maker) so didn't have to leave the room upon waking. We were not neatnicks, in fact it was kind of pathetic but enjoyed it.
Old April 16th, 2011, 02:15 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to JCRny631

hello jim here..single male 52 non smoking looking for a roomie..was looking to do royal caribbean out of pt canavaral on may 23 for a 5 day/4 nite to bahamas,,maybe we could chat and see thanks, jim
Old April 17th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Also considering cruising single. ive been on 3 cruises before but that was ages ago and now that im single, it looked a great way to vacation and get back into the scene a little. have u looked at the norwegian epic at all? if so, what were your thoughts?