Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2011, 06:07 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default permanently cruising?

Hi,

I am interested to know if there is anyone here who either permanently travels/cruises or is prepared to?
Obviously for this to be possible that person either has a portable job or is retired. I have been looking at world travel for myself - spending a month here and a month there but then it hit me and cruising could work as it is all inclusive - provided one schedules good 'deals' consistently...repositioning etc.

I would be interested in doing this with someone if that is possible.

Me - Late twenties, male, easy going, enjoys adventure and also relaxation at other times.
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2011, 02:33 AM
david30101

Wow, it must be great with your age, that your able to afford travel like that. Im 48 and worked all my life, and can barely afford to cruise 2 times a yr, much less take time off to do it (3 weeks a yr vac). Im defenatly in the wrong business for sure!
Old April 13th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by david30101 View Post
Wow, it must be great with your age, that your able to afford travel like that. Im 48 and worked all my life, and can barely afford to cruise 2 times a yr, much less take time off to do it (3 weeks a yr vac). Im defenatly in the wrong business for sure!
Yes David, I guess I am lucky to be able to do it. On the other hand all my friends are not which is why I obviously have to post here in the forums for a companion with similar interests etc.
Old April 14th, 2011, 02:39 AM
david30101

Im lucky to get 3 weeks a yr vacation and 4 weeks after 15 yrs..I can usually afford crusies out of fla within driving distance last yr i took 2 crusies spend about 3K (single supliment). sharing with another helps.
Old April 14th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Permanent Cruising

There are people who live on ships, usually little old lady types.Main problem to you would be the mainly Elderly passenger makeup of the over 30 day cruises. One ship, the Residency I think name has condo like cabin ownership; I believe they rent them also. I once spent a morning planning a year at sea using various lines doing 30N or over cruises. Probably close to 100K for a year now.Singles supplements add up. Pull up VacationstoGo.com. They list world cruises and segments of them. Long ones usually start in January.
Old April 16th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobegal View Post
There are people who live on ships, usually little old lady types.Main problem to you would be the mainly Elderly passenger makeup of the over 30 day cruises. One ship, the Residency I think name has condo like cabin ownership; I believe they rent them also. I once spent a morning planning a year at sea using various lines doing 30N or over cruises. Probably close to 100K for a year now.Singles supplements add up. Pull up VacationstoGo.com. They list world cruises and segments of them. Long ones usually start in January.
Thanks for the share. Will look up the site