Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2011, 09:37 AM
Captain

Default Looking for a cruisemate for cheap cruising

Iv been cruising on cruisemiles cruise vouchers, which mean greatly discounted cruises. typically a inside cruise costs about $600 total for 2 people for 7 days, so Iv been paying 100% and inviting women along, but it would be nice to find someone to kick in half the cost and share hotel at the port. So your share would run about $300. The downside to the vouchers is I dont know ahead of time what will be offered. Group cruises that the dates are set.

Upgrading is possible, but its usually not worth it with cruise vouchers lately. The real bargains are in the inside categories.

I cruise about 6 to 8 times a year, so I dont expect to find someone who wants to cruise all the time like me, but even if you just want to join me for a very cheap cruise once in a while PM me.

Im female, aged 60, but would consider all ages, male or female. Not looking for someone Im joined at the hip to, just looking for someone looking to cruise very cheap who will pay their share of things. Im very active and like to explore. I walked to the southern most rock in Key West and walked into Montego Bay the last two times. Some cruises I just do the ships excursions. Im amenable to most anything and open minded.

PM me if interested or post here. Lets talk. I just want to cruise and it would be nice not to pay 100% of the cost.

Any questions?? Shoot!! Lets talk. Jane
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2011, 11:51 AM
Captain

Hi, somoene asked me so I wanted to add I live in TX, but a lot of these cruises leave from Florida. I would consider any cruises. I prefer cruises out of the gulf.

Im not married, single. Any other questions?

The fact that Im booking at about 50% off cruises that others say cannot be discounted is the big draw for me. If I paid approx $600, then half that would be $300. I paid $750 and $600 base inside price for both of my upcoming Oasis cruises. Upgraded on one. So half the $600 would be $300 for Oasis, which is cheaper than it can be booked direct. Many of these are much much less. I only paid $200 total for my two Jewel OTS cruises, so half is $100 for a 4 day.

My two most recent bookings with them were conquest (out of New orleans) Nov 26 and a Sept booking on Magic, both were booked at less than $600 total. Neither can be booked for less than $300 pp direct. The cruises are group dates, though, so the dates are whatever is offered.

Last edited by flowers; July 31st, 2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old July 31st, 2011, 06:02 PM
Admiral

Are those vouchers similar to those on E Bay? You don't pick any old cruise and get a discount, but pick from their availables and dates?
Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:21 PM
Familiar Face

I've been looking for a cruisemate since June! I am a single female, non smoker, nearing 50. I can port out of Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. Do you have something in mind for August?
Old August 3rd, 2011, 08:56 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Sounds Great

I am alsways looking for a criuse partner. I live in SW Florida and find cruisng to be the best vacation value for fun and rest. I would not be able to go as often as you but would love to be consider once or twice a year. I am independent but also love to be a companion for snorkeling and other excursions. We should talk.
Old August 9th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Jane - I've taken 3 cruises this year and definitely am ready for another one. $300 is indeed a fantastic deal!

Can't seem to find the PM icon, so please email details of the cruise(s) on which you would want a cruisemate, and any other info, to meowcat2@yahoo.com.

Thanks!
Old August 10th, 2011, 04:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

I love traveling, especially with other people. Here's the link to my cruise info.

Mediterranean cruise Sept2011, need a cruisemate

- SS Universe Explorer August 2000(?)
- Carnival Miracle March 2005

Voyager of the Seas
Old August 26th, 2011, 06:57 AM
Familiar Face

Hi, what you are doing sounds great. I do about 4 cruises per year and I am now planning a Mediterranean cruise on Oct. 3 - 14 on the Mariner of the Seas. It's priced at $599 per person inside cabin (11 nights) and departs from Rome and sails to Greece, Turkey, Sicily, Rhodes, Crete and back to Rome. I have to book very soon if I want to get this low price. Is this something you would be interested in?
I am a divorced young active grandma 60+ and am very independent.
Riki
Old August 28th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi, I'm a 50 YO female who loves to cruise and altho I am not looking to do a cruise in the immediate future (got one booked for November), keep my email address if you're ever looking for someone to go on a shorter cruise (5 nights works best for me). ypawlow@yahoo.com.

Yvonne
Old August 29th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Captain

Hi, the next one Im probably booking will be Conquest out of New Orleans probably Jan/Feb 2013 and asking a friend, but if she cant go then Ill start asking around.

No idea what I will book next .. whatever comes up. I do have a lot booked, so I have to work around what is booked.
Old August 30th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Do you know what the airfare is to Rome? It's longer than I planned to go, but I might be convinced.
Old August 30th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi, Flowers. If you're still taking names for the list, please add me to the list of interested potential cruisemates! 60 yo/sgl/f. Live in Las Vegas so just need time to book reasonably priced flights but otherwise I am quite flexible. Agree completely about not being attached at hip but am also an avid walker for those times on shore when having a companion is agreeable. Non-smoker, social drinker, not loud, considerate roomie. Thanks and best wishes!
Old September 15th, 2011, 12:04 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hello Flowers swm Live in texas and I am looking for a cabin mate out of galveston to anywhere. I am retired and a young 62. Just need someone to share cost... Thank You Mark
Old November 25th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Jane,

May I ask what port you cruise out of? I'm 45 minutes south of Port Canaveral. I've cruised 3 times (solo) but would prefer getting off the ship and getting a place on land for awhile so it would be possible to explore places on land. I'm a 58 yr old female, dont smoke, drink or do drugs. I am a late sleeper but tend to get up earlier for some reason when I'm on vacation. Maybe it's the excitement of a new day in a new place. I am a photographer and travel mainly to do photography. One thing I'd love to do and have not done is to go ziplining. It's always fascinated me. I did go kayaking in Islamorada a few months ago and really enjoyed it.

Michele
Old November 26th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Familiar Face

Hi Jane!

I'm interested in cruising almost anywhere with good people of all ages and backgrounds. Where are you going next?

Mark :-)
Old December 17th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Familiar Face

Smile

I would love to find a cruisemate! Right now NCL has 7 night cruises in the Caribbean for $499 for an oceanview, and are upgrading to a balcony or $409 with upgrade to oceanview. This is for cruises Jan, Feb, March 2012. I would love to hop on one of these deals, but don't want to pay for 2 people and go alone. I am pretty flexible as to when I can go. I live in So. Carolina so any port in FL is easy to get to. I am 61, SWF, non- smoker, non-drinker, not a heavy partier, but enjoy a fun group of people and like to laugh and have a good time as well as explore. Like warm destinations. Have cruised before so know what to expect. Send me a PM if you would like to share more info and possibly take advantage of this good deal. These aren't going to last much longer! in fact, offer ends December 18th!
Old December 21st, 2011, 02:32 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers View Post
Iv been cruising on cruisemiles cruise vouchers, which mean greatly discounted cruises. typically a inside cruise costs about $600 total for 2 people for 7 days, so Iv been paying 100% and inviting women along, but it would be nice to find someone to kick in half the cost and share hotel at the port. So your share would run about $300. The downside to the vouchers is I dont know ahead of time what will be offered. Group cruises that the dates are set.

Upgrading is possible, but its usually not worth it with cruise vouchers lately. The real bargains are in the inside categories.

I cruise about 6 to 8 times a year, so I dont expect to find someone who wants to cruise all the time like me, but even if you just want to join me for a very cheap cruise once in a while PM me.

Im female, aged 60, but would consider all ages, male or female. Not looking for someone Im joined at the hip to, just looking for someone looking to cruise very cheap who will pay their share of things. Im very active and like to explore. I walked to the southern most rock in Key West and walked into Montego Bay the last two times. Some cruises I just do the ships excursions. Im amenable to most anything and open minded.

PM me if interested or post here. Lets talk. I just want to cruise and it would be nice not to pay 100% of the cost.

Any questions?? Shoot!! Lets talk. Jane
Hi,

My name is Tom. I, also, love cruising. Have you seen my post from tom_han.

Tom...
Old December 29th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I'm looking for a cabin mate. Hope to cruise out of Barcelona stop off in Tunisia, Greece, Turkey, a few stops in Italy and land in Venice.
12 day cruise. Staying in a $27 a night B & B in Barcelona for 10 days prior to departure. Not set in stone yet thinking late July 2012 up to November is my travel time frame. Interested in Travel options for 2012.
Old January 17th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to rkimm4

Hi Jane,

I have a cruise booked for Feb 12 on the Carnival Glory I am VIP as well.
I love cruising and also try finding others that love to cruise a lot.
let me know if your interested.

Kim
rkimm4@aol.com
Old January 22nd, 2012, 02:48 PM
Familiar Face

Am interested in your itinerary. I am 55 y/o, SWF looking for a cruise partner. Non-smoker, only take prescription drugs and am a polite and respectful travel partner. Please let me know if you have firm travel plans. I would like to go on a Singapore, India to Cape Town trip April 6 on Princess, as I am an Elite traveller so get free laundry and other amenities.

It's 30 days, so a pretty long trip for $3,200 including port taxes and insurance. Have always wanted to see and photograph the beasts in Africa. Email me at travelartist2003@yahoo.com

Annmarie