Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Familiar Face

Default Single supplement discounts

For anyone interested, VacationsToGo.com has a list of discounted single supplement cruises. The list is of various cruiselines, cruise lengths, geographical areas, cabin categories, and runs through the rest of 2011 into 2012. Example: 7 day Med cruise on the Costa Victoria departing Venice on October 8th. Single supplement balcony cabin price is $1194. This is a very good price. Of course the airfare will inflate the total price but still a very good single supplement price.

If you go to the site, look at the left side of the webpage under "Cruise Deals". Then look for "Singles Discounts".
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Admiral

I recently got an ad from MSC offering 20% supplement. For those not familiar with Poesia, it's a clean gorgeous ship. It's a cruiseline that you either love or not. I cruised MSC Opera when it was here, quite different and European.
Old August 7th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Familiar Face

I've cruised on the Poesia and was pretty decent. Much more enjoyable then my cruise two years ago on Celebrity.
Old August 8th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Captain

Be careful with VTG, they list Carnival for instance, and then they take the ES fare and double it, and then show a higher rate and show a discount. There are no solo supplements less than 200% on Carnival .. it does say up to 200% on the top .. which is 0%.

They do a lot of deceptive advertising.
Old August 8th, 2011, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

I agree with flowers...I know folks who have been burned by VTG. Primarily being booked under ES fare without explaining that it could not be changed. They pressure you to book even when you are still looking around at other choices and options--they just book you to anything asap to capture the client.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old August 11th, 2011, 07:51 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I just booked a 4 day cruise thru them and they were great.......
Old August 11th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Familiar Face

I should have noted, I only use VTG to view cruises and pricing. I use a local cruise agent to verify the pricing and book the cruises.
Old August 11th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Familiar Face

Default i booked epics solo studio

yesterday for june 17th from barcelona at 1099 +114 taxes and fees. $50 OBC.
I paid 4125 deposit.
Then I came across www.cruisecompete.com
They get quotes from different agencies over several days for the cruise you require.
The first two quotes that came in, were for the same price approx.
Then today I got another from them $92 less.
So I explained the situation. They said it was easy to transfer to them..and so it has been...the booking stays..it just comes under the agents banner now and at their promo discount.
So that saving will pay for my gratuities.
Next time, I will check cruisecompete FIRST.
Old August 13th, 2011, 09:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

I found Celebrity to have very good singles rates on some ships,these are military and seniors. ( 55+).
They way I found them is to go to Celebrity's site and find your cruise. When the single price comes up,scroll down a little and they'll show military and senior rates if available.
Please note,that all cruise lines have different rules as to military rates. I've found that Celebrity works best for me.
Happy cruising,
Ed
Old August 14th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Familiar Face

Default military discounts celebrity??

to your knowledge.....
is it still benficial if one is EX military, non US military ( ie UK) , and single??
Old August 15th, 2011, 01:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

I think Celebrity would consider UK military vets the same as US Vets , since we have fought side by side many times.
any interest in going to SA from FL in Dec ?
12/3 on the Infinity