Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Cool Early Bird ,very early, Catches Worm

Hi Everyone , this is my first post. I am going on the new Breakaway, on January 4,2015, yes, it's not a misprint . But it is very early. I will be celebrating my 55th Birthday a few months early. This is a 12 day Southern Caribbean cruise, departing NYC and heading to San Juan, St. Thomas, St.lucia and Barbados. I will be staying in the Solo Studio cabins. Just putting out my feelers to see if any other singles will be joining me. Going on a cruise is great if your single, but it's nice to meet others for dining and shore excursions.
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Captain

Never booked a cruise more than 3 months out, ask again in October of 2014 lol

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Old April 14th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Red face Right behind you Early Bird...

Okay, so maybe a couple of months behind you, but I've been thinking about this for yonks!

I too am booked on the Breakaway for 2014 (5 jan though not the 4th!!?). There weren't any studio rooms available on the 5th or the 19th, so I've blown my budget and gone for a Balcony (on the plus side it means I can wake up to see the sunrise in a new port, without having to leave the room)!

I live in the UK but shall be spending xmas with my mother in AZ before heading to NYC. Am planning on spending two days sightseeing before the cruise too so if you have any tips for me (last time I went I was ten years old on a school trip!), let me know what's best. I've always fancied a buggy ride around Central Park but don't fancy it alone so may have to shop instead!! Lol

It maybe a fair way away but it's funny, I'm already Really excited! I've never been on a large cruise ship either...
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Familiar Face

Smile We all seem to like early January. I will be on the Splendor Jan. 4/14.

Hello people. When I first read this thread I thought the first post was leaving the NYC cruise terminal the same day as me. But then I read that someone else was leaving on the same ship the next day. Not possible??? I then went back and saw that is Jan. 4th 2015 I am going on the Carnival Splendor on Jan. 4, 2014 and would like to know if any other "Mature" (40 to 60) Singles will be on board.