Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2013, 06:43 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Looking for a singles cruise

hello,
I'm new to these MB. My friend and I are going on a singles cruise in July. Yay! I am looking for a cruise for 7 nights leaving from New Orleans but need to have the port fee's included. I've googled Singles Cruises but have come up with nothing. Do we go through a travel agency. We would like the price to be between $500.00-$600.00, maybe a little over.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2013, 02:01 AM
Captain

There aren't that many hosted singles cruises. I would suggest you open your departure from another port or open the dates of departure to find something. Also they tend to be more than regular cruises so finding one in that price range is even harder.

Why not just book a regular cruise, every trip has singles on it you just have to ask around at the bars for who is single. Most will have one singles event where you can meet other people, if not you just have to ask and they will add one

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Old April 2nd, 2013, 02:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Ships generally have a table reserved for single travelers. Tell the cruise director that you want to meet singles and he or she will arrange it.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 11:24 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Being single, wanting to mingle

I have been cruising for many years. In earlier years, there were plenty of singles and there was great nightlife. The last 6 times that I have cruised, my best friend was a book. I even went twice on the Allure of the Seas (6000 people), and I don't think that there was a single on the ship. I have previously tried the singles groups. They were Older crowds, and there was a good reason why many were still single.
I am trying to to find a time of year, or cruise line, or Port, or destination that would have a fair number of middle aged single people who don't go to bed at 10 pm.
I have searched the net, and it seems that there is no consensus, nor reviews on this matter.
Someone said that New Years cruises out of Florida were pretty festive, and had a fair number of singles. Has anybody had any recent experiences in the States over New Years (or any other period) on a lively boat to usher in 2014?
Thanx
Old August 26th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Looking for single

Yeah i am also looking for single cruise.if i get any one ii will tel to you!
Old August 26th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Captain

VTG has several a year, I'm going to be on the Halloween one this year. As for age there are 100 in the group under 40, granted that leaves 500 over 40 but still it's spread out

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries