Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Never AGAIN!!!

What is one cruise experience you will never repeat no matter what?

Your worst cruise experience as a solo or single cruiser (or with a roommate or group).

The ship, year, size of group, and what happened that made it not so fun?
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2014, 01:31 PM
Administrator
Admiral

No one has a bad report - someone who snored, or a "makeout artist" etc.

Please - no names, I would just like to hear some of the most disagreeable experiences.
Old April 30th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Admiral

The one cruise experience that Ill never repeat again is cruising during spring break. Never again.
Old May 1st, 2014, 10:28 AM
Administrator
Admiral

This may sound like I'm being a picky whiner but I doubt I'll ever sail on the Norwegian Epic again. What is offered on the ships is some of the best dining and entertainment you can find at sea.

The reason I won't sail the Epic again is the layout and look of the ship. I can't get past how poorly the pool deck was designed, the traffic flow on Deck 6. Everything comes to a "choke point" just outside of O'Sheehans. It was ridiculous before or after shows. The last is the cabin layout. The "open bathroom" thing just bugged the heck out of me and the wave design was not my thing. Also, the cabin sizes are a joke. When I sailed on Epic our cabin was a "Large Family Balcony" cabin. It is now a mini-suite. The size was not "mini-suite" size, especially compared to NCL's other ships, and I found it quite cramped. Last but not least is the look of the ship. It has the Frankenstein front on it and is just plain ugly. We did a cruise two years ago on Carnival and the Epic was on the same itinerary. Everyone would laugh when they saw the ship. I would just cringe.

OK: That's my completely subjective and emotional reasons for not sailing Epic again.

Then again, if the price was right............................................. ....

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 3rd, 2014, 10:37 AM
Captain

Smile

The one thing we will never do again is not leave a day early for the Cruise. We were to fly out the same day are ship left L.A. Well we get to the airport and the airlines computers had crashed.Not just the ones at this airport the whole maryann for the whole system.Well to make along story short after about 14 hours in the airport the airline flew us to Kona where they put us up for 4 days until we could meet the ship in Hilo.So I guess It all worked out. But my hats off to Princess when we arrived on the ship they had already refunded the money for the 4 days we missed sailing from L.A to Hilo.Nice little surpise for the On board account.
Old May 3rd, 2014, 01:08 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Dhill ...

I agree, especially when coming from the west coat.

Think about it, with a layover (very common) it takes me at least 7 to 8 hours to get from Arizona to Florida. PLUS I lose three hours in time zone changes.

So, the only way I can ever make a ship is if I take the red-eye. literally leaving here at midnight to arrive about 8:00 a.m. (no flights leave here at 2 or 3:00 am, and even 4:00 am is too late when you consider I would arrive at 3:00 pm - not enough time to get baggage and make the ship.

As far as Norwegian Epic - I did it twice, and that was enough. In addition, I know Norwegian Breakaway and Getaway are doing well, but in the long run, aren't they very similar to Epic on the inside?

MY personal never again would be taking a long cruise with many sea days on a small ship with almost nothing to do. I know some people love it, but for me the novelty of "sea days" on a ship with few activities has kind of worn off.