Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2014, 08:49 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Skype™ to FL Keys
Default Solo Travelling Norwegian Epic Nov 16

Just booked my solo cruise today. I have cruised before but this will be the first cruising alone. Any information would be wonderful My cruise is on Norwegian Epic November 16... booked an Aft stateroom

Any others travelling on that date? Any ideas please let me know. It would be great to meet people to do excursions with and dinners etc...
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2014, 09:08 AM
Captain

Default Meet people in singles exclusive lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Keys View Post
Just booked my solo cruise today. I have cruised before but this will be the first cruising alone. Any information would be wonderful My cruise is on Norwegian Epic November 16... booked an Aft stateroom

Any others travelling on that date? Any ideas please let me know. It would be great to meet people to do excursions with and dinners etc...
Best way to meet people is at the cocktail hour prior to dinner in the singles lounge. Even if you don't imbide, it is a small group meeting place where you can
meet other single travelers. It is the place to go. On cruise I was on the NCL had a hostess who organized activities. With all the cutbacks I doubt that they have the hostess, but people are friendly.
Old June 4th, 2014, 01:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnyprincecharlie View Post
Best way to meet people is at the cocktail hour prior to dinner in the singles lounge. Even if you don't imbide, it is a small group meeting place where you can
meet other single travelers. It is the place to go. On cruise I was on the NCL had a hostess who organized activities. With all the cutbacks I doubt that they have the hostess, but people are friendly.
I believe they still have the hostess for the solo travelers meeting. Have heard nothing about it being discontinued, although I don't know if it would make any real difference on way or the other. You can still meet others and make plans for dinner, etc. Look for Epic reviews posted by solo travelers. I have seen a few. There is usually single or solo in the title. Very informative on the ship experience from a solo point of view.
Old June 7th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you I appreciate the information.
Old June 8th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi, I am cruising solo on Norweigian as well...I am criusing on the Norwegian Breakaway out of New York going to Bermuda September 5, 2015....I booked myself into a Studio Cabin...as you only get charged for a single supplement....what i like is the breakaway will be docked in Bermuda for 3 nights...so you really get to explore the island.... is this your first time sailing solo? I myself cruise solo all of the time...and i like the idea of having my own cabin...

Have you been on this line long, as i am looking for a cruisemate to travel with....

cathy
Old June 8th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I am sailing September 30 in a solo cabin for the first time. Looking forward to the experience. Never sailed NCL before but have been on the other 5 mass market lines. Roll Call or Meet & Greet are the way to connect with other solo cruisers ahead of the sailing.
Old June 8th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default solo

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelady65 View Post
Hi, I am cruising solo on Norweigian as well...I am criusing on the Norwegian Breakaway out of New York going to Bermuda September 5, 2015....I booked myself into a Studio Cabin...as you only get charged for a single supplement....what i like is the breakaway will be docked in Bermuda for 3 nights...so you really get to explore the island.... is this your first time sailing solo? I myself cruise solo all of the time...and i like the idea of having my own cabin...

Have you been on this line long, as i am looking for a cruisemate to travel with....

cathy

Hi Cathy

This is the first time for me being solo my last cruise was on the getaway. I booked a mini suite. I hope to meet others on here before the cruise. Feeling a little nervous doing the solo thing.