Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

Old August 14th, 2018, 06:56 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Need Responsible Cabinmate for Cruise to Tokyo

I'm looking for a responsible person to share a cabin on NCL. The cruise is from Sept. 17-Oct.6... 19 nights... I am a writer, and spend very little time in my room... Anyway, I'm easy going, and don't want any drama... This is kinda last minute, as the cruise is just over a month away... Great Price!! $786 for 19 nights. https://www.vacationstogo.com/fastdeal.cfm?deal=16930...

Almost willing to pay the entire thing myself... but thought, maybe someone cool would be interested in sharing a room...
I am a 49yr old male... I am normal... and will be an easy fit for most anyone...
Perry
Old August 19th, 2018, 01:43 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hello Perry,

You and I are in luck!

I was going to book the the same cruise, but my travel buddy had something important for work pop up at the last minute. So now I am stuck going alone and was considering cancelling. Fortunately, I googled to see if anyone else was taking an NCL cruise to Tokyo, and your post showed up.

I am a 38 yr old software engineer, and am also very easy to get along with. My original plan was to get some time off from my normally busy schedule to work on some of my personal software projects. I figured the 3 weeks, especially the sea days, would give me a reason to finally finish my projects.

Like you, I am also considering going solo, but the idea of walking around Japan by myself seemed kinda... sad. So I would be very happy to share a cabin and check out Japan together, and for the rest of the time, I can stay out of your hair.

As for getting home, I live in Chicago and was planning on getting a flight from Tokyo to Hawaii, and then Hawaii to Chicago. I've never been to Hawaii either, so I thought it would be interesting to check it out. As an added bonus, it saves me hundred bucks and I don't need to be stuck in a plane for 14 hours .

Let me know if you are interested. Thanks.