CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   South America (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/south-america/)
-   -   Valparaiso Pvt. Tour (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/south-america/256007-valparaiso-pvt-tour.html)

Chuck Palm November 14th, 2002 07:32 PM

Valparaiso Pvt. Tour

We just got a quote for a private tour for four people. This is the long day's itinerary:

Pick of at ship upon debarkation at about 9:00 A.M.
Tour of Valparaiso
Tour of Vina del Mar (Wine growing region and several wineries)
Tour of Santiago
Transfer to airport at 9:00 P.M. for 11:30 P.M. departure on American Airlines

This tour is quoted at $70 per person including a tour guide. I think this is a great deal. If anyone else is on the Zenith, they may want to try this for their last day.

mia November 20th, 2002 10:02 AM

Re: Valparaiso Pvt. Tour

Chuck, this is indeed a good deal.Will you post the address of the agency offering the package?Thank You very much, Mia

Chuck Palm November 20th, 2002 07:15 PM

Chili-tours.com They have been very professional so far.We added a bit to our tour and it has now gone up to $90 p.p. I still think that is not bad for a twelve-hour more than all-day tour for four persons.

mia November 21st, 2002 02:07 PM

Re: Re: Valparaiso Pvt. Tour

Thanks chuck;i'll contact them for my land trips in Chile

Lorne Turcotte January 8th, 2003 01:35 PM

Hi Chuck
I was wondering how your tour went. We are arriving in Valpo on Mar 8th and were comtemplating the same trip. I tried that email address for Chili tours, but "chili-tours.com" didn't work. Any information you can provide would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Lorne

Lisette January 8th, 2003 04:29 PM

Hi Lorne

Just thought I would let you know that my husband and I are arriving in Valparaiso on March 8th taking the Royal princess around the cape horn. We have used South star tours for our tours before we board the ship. We are being picked up at the airport taken to our hotel, we are doing being taken to a dinner and show then the next day we are taking a tour of the wine country, then the day we leave we are having a tour of Vina Del Mar and Valparaiso and lunch at vina del mar all with a private tour guide for $319US per person. We are also doing a private tour of the Iguazu Falls at the end of the trip including 3 nights and meals and 3 different tours of the falls and a tango show in Bueno Aires and a city tour for more than half of the price princess is charging for the same trip. Hope this info helps. Do not hesitate to e-mail me if you would like more info.

Neil Dorman January 8th, 2003 05:05 PM

Have read your messages about the chile-tours.com trip with great interest. Do you have their phone number and which person did you communicate with? I thought I was contacting them but got someone from latintrip.com at 800 811 8829. We are arriving on the Ryndam on 3/3 and also have all day before a plane to NY at 9:30pm. Thank you, Neil Dorman

Chuck Palm January 8th, 2003 07:31 PM

Re: Re: Re: Valparaiso Pvt. Tour

The tour was wonderful! We had a nice van, a gread driver named Jose and a tour guide named Joyce Parada. She was highly knowledgable and spoke fine English.
She was one of the best tour guides I have ever had. The Latin Trips phone number is correct. The lady that answers the phone is Maria. Everything went smoothly as planned with no surprises. They were an A+ in my book and far better than any tours booked through Celebrity. I even have Joyce's e-mail if you should need it, but I think you must book through the company anyway.

mia January 11th, 2003 01:03 AM

Welcome back Chuck,
I can't wait to read your notes about the cruise!
hen are you going to post it?!?
Happy new year Chuck!!!!!!!!!!!!

neviboy February 23rd, 2003 09:25 AM

I suggest the tour that we took in 2001. Our guide was great. e-mail:\munro_kenneth@hotmail.com or creps@ctc-mundo.net
neviboy

Alexis Urbani April 21st, 2003 02:21 PM

To all of you.

We are prepared to offer our very "personal" land tours in Valparaiso and Santiago.
You can choose among a long variety of interesting places, including those were are excelent food. Finally we arrive to the airport and wait until all your boarding arrangements be finished.
Please write to: aurbani@hotmail.com