Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2002, 02:02 AM
mia

Default Buenos Aires, Teatro Colon

Did anybody go to Teatro Colon in the evening spent in BA?How can we get tickets for it?
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2002, 04:32 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Buenos Aires, Teatro Colon

Here is the phone # for the box office.

54(11)4378-7100/01

They may have someone who speaks English. If not, you may want a bi-lingual friend to order your tickets.
Old November 24th, 2002, 12:31 PM
mia

Default Re: Re: Buenos Aires, Teatro Colon

Thank You Chuck
It will be hard to decide between going to Colon or to a Tango night!Mia
Old November 24th, 2002, 04:05 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Buenos Aires, Teatro Colon

I have the same dilema. We are going the 2 weeks around Christmas and New Years. There's a piano recital the night we're there, 12-22. I can't decide what to do. There is also a really excellent world class French restaurant that is calling my name. Hmmmm.........
Old November 25th, 2002, 03:48 PM
mia

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Buenos Aires, Teatro Colon

Let me know what will you decide! We plan our cruise for Nov 2003.I would personally prefer Colon rather the tango, but nobody else in my party does.I found Teatro Colon web site; I'll get more info on hours,program, etc.
I can't wait to see you back and read your notes on where did you go and what did you like most.Did you find good travel arrangements (timewise)?
Old November 25th, 2002, 06:30 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Buenos Aires, Teatro Colon

I'm going to try to keep a diary on the trip. (This is most unusual for me to do so.) I'll keep good notes and let you know what we do, liked, didn't like so much etc. Which ship did you choose for your journey? We're on the Zenith. I hope we like it. In any case we will have a good time.

I just bought a video documentary about Pategonia. It's not very well made but it does have some interesting information and some beautiful camera shots. It looks like the Argentina side is pretty baron. The highlights there will be Buenos Aires, Montevideo and of course, the penguins. If you are interested, I can mail you the video to look at. As I said it is not womderful in quality.
Old November 25th, 2002, 09:11 PM
mia

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Buenos Aires, Teatro Colon

I am not sure what itinerary will you have on Zenith.We'll be on the (in)famous Amsterdam , from Valparaiso to Rio.We preferred this itinerary because Rio is included.
Let's hope that one year from now all the bugs on the ship will be dead, and we'll have a smooth sailing.How did you do the flight arrangements?How many stops /connections to the destination?Tx Mia
Old November 26th, 2002, 06:09 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Buenos Aires, Teatro Colon

Holland America is always wonderful, in my opinion. We would have preferred Rio as a port as well. But I'm a school teacher and the timing for this cruise was perfect. 12-22 thru 1-05. Other cruises would not have worked.

I believe the itineraries are similar other than Rio. We are looking forward to the cruise. The Argentina side may be a bit rustic and not too much to see, I'm afraid. The penguins will be wonderful to see, however.
Old December 16th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Roy

Default Teatro Colon

The Teatro Colon is a most beautful building with great accoustics. It is SOOOOO CHEAP we sat center isle - row 14 for the National Symphony the last week of November and paid $2.60 US each. An other couple purchased 4 box seats for $29.00. Simply go to the theatre, go around the side and turn into the entrance for ticket purchases. Note - when it is time for the performance go around to the back ot the teatro as that is where the entrance is - not on what you think is the main street.
Enjoy - it is worth spending a couple of extra nights in Buenas Aires just to attend a performance. Log on to www.argentina.com to find a schedule of performances - not it is all in Spanish. Good luck and enjoy.
Old December 19th, 2002, 08:55 PM
mia

Default Re: Buenos Aires, Teatro Colon

How did you go from the ship to the theater?Did you take a taxi?My party will go to a tango show that evening, as most of the cruisers will probably do.I am afraid I will be alone .Is it safe for a lady to ride a taxi at night in BA?

Did you buy the tickets in the night of the concert, or in advance?Tx Mia