Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2003, 12:35 PM
jack33

Default PortCompass tours SA

Anyone care to offer opinion on their experience with this company offering tours in Buenos Aires /Rio?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2004, 08:06 PM
First Mate

Default Re: PortCompass tours SA

I have heard good reports on Port Compass. We used www.southstartours.com and were also very happy.
Old March 13th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Passenger

Took the Puerto Madryn tour to the Penguin rookery with them - started at 700AM (on time) with total of 8 people -got there before everybody else - wnderful -before the crowds and before it really got very hot....had more than enough time to enjoy -no rushing about...the van was comfortable (nothing can be done about the road) and air con worked!! Much cheaper (1/3 less than the ship's tour)
Would tour with them again...
Old March 13th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Passenger

We used Port Compass in February and they were very good. we used them to take us from the hotel in Santiago to the ship in Valparaiso. They charged the same rate (four minimum) as the ship's shuttle and got us there before the shuttles arrived. It only took 10 minutes to board. We used them several times at different ports. When we used them in Puerto Madryn for the long ride to see the penquins, we arrived before the ship's tours. We had 10 in our air conditioned van. We took some food off the ship for lunch and they stopped at some clean bathroom. Our friends used them for most of their tours and for a tour of Buenos Aires and then transfer to the airport in Buenos Aires. The ship had several buses that broke down and one time our sailing had to be delayed. We would definitely use them again.
Old March 27th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Debbie Matthews

Default Re: Re: PortCompass tours SA

Could someone give me the web address for PortCompass, interested in taking their excursions in Feb. when we go to S.A. Thanks so much.
Debbie
Old April 16th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Passenger

yes
Old May 1st, 2004, 12:20 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: PortCompass tours SA

Hi Debbie,

You can reach Port Compass at www.portcompass.com (website) or info@portcompass.com.
Old October 8th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Linda Kessler

Hi! Did you book portcompass tour(s) ahead of time by internet? Did you pay in advance? I always take the (none too good) shore excursions from the ships for fear of not getting the private ones right!! But, plan to change....

thanks
Old October 9th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Lorne

Hi
We used them in Feb/03 and had 2 great tours in BA. City tour was a 1/2 day - good overview of the interesting parts of BA. Be sure and spend some extra time in La Boca and the Recolletta cemetary. The Tango tour was spectacular. They took us to "Ventana". The meal was okay and the show was wonderful. We going back (not on cruise) in Nov. and plan on seeing the sames show.

We didn't use thme anywhere else, but comments from other people on the ship were all favourable. We would use them again.

Have fun in BA - be sure and allow extra days if possible.

Lorne
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:15 AM
kenneth Munro

Default Re: Re: PortCompass tours SA

HI, SUGGEST ALSO A COMPANY WWW.TURISMONUEVOMUNDO.CL E MAIL CONTACTO@TURISMONUEVOMUNDO.CL
REGARDS
KEN
Old August 11th, 2005, 04:07 PM
kenneth Munro

Hi, further my last e mail from 07/27/05, suggesting you contact te
Old August 11th, 2005, 04:13 PM
kenneth Munro

Hi, further my last e mail from 07/27/05, suggesting you contact Turismo Nuevo Mundo kindly disregards the same by mistake instead of confirming the good services of Port Compass I confirmed another company. Yes I know Port Compass and I can confirmed is a serious and well known company.
Kenneth