Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South America
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2004, 12:46 AM
Beginner

Default SA trip 12-5-04

sailing with Oceania on the Insignia. Any one going on the cruise at that time, would love to hear form you.
I have learned so much. Had no idea of the 100.00 fee for entry into Chili. I guess I better plan on hidden expences that we are not aware of as of yet. I am sure our Travel Agent will keep us posted and be sending us all the do's and don'ts as time gets closer.
I would like to know if anyone has ever used this ship line and sailed on this ship. I am concerned as I have some problems with my back and feet and walking is rather hard. I want to take part in as much as I can so wonder if there are things that don't require alot of standing or walking. I have a motorized cart that I could use but don't know how that would work on the ship. I can get around without it but I do prefer to use some means of mobility. Any one know if this is an option
Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2004, 12:34 AM
First Mate

Default Re: SA trip 12-5-04

My understanding is that wheelchair accessibility is not good on these ships. I believe their wheelchair accessible cabins are few in number, and are inside cabins only. If you take your scooter, you will need an accessible cabin as most other cabins will have doors too narrow to get it inside, and most ships will not let you store it in the hallway.
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:11 AM
kenneth Munro

Default Re: SA trip 12-5-04

Great ship and you will have no problems, further more if you are interest in shore excursions or Hotel reservations or others suggest you visit www.turismonuevomundo.cl great company and can assit you with all your enquiries.
regards
Kenneth