CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   South America (
-   -   tour guides in south america (

eleanor October 21st, 2006 03:05 PM

tour guides in south america
Any pros or cons re: Turismo Nuevo Mundo, Port Compass, or Private Tours.

becky_donald November 2nd, 2006 11:43 AM

Our tour begins in Rio instead of Buenos Aires, but it ends in Valparaiso.
We'll be using for tour/transfers following our cruise in January. We'll tour Vina del Mar, Valparaiso, transfer to Santiago with a stop at Indomita Winery, ending with a city tour of Santiago and being dropped off at 2 different hotels.
No pre-payment is required

lel300 November 4th, 2006 03:33 AM

I was looking for day tours in Santiago since we don't fly back to the US until 11:30p.m. I saw Turismo Nuevo Mundo's tours and e-mailed them for a price list. They said they would send me a price list after I tell them what tours I was interested in taking. I thought it was strange that they would not just give me the prices.

JerryHirsch007 February 6th, 2007 07:14 PM

I also examined Turismo Nuevo Mundo's many tour offerings, and some seem very appealing, however, I am turned off by the fact that they don't list any of their prices.... A poor business practice. It leaves the illussion that they are asking too much!

steinercruiser July 17th, 2007 10:30 PM

We were on the HAL Rotterdam last year and didn't want the ship tours so we booked our tours with local guides arranging private services. I was in contact with Francesca in Punta Arenas. She emailed me from her new email address She also was very helpful giving us contacts for the other ports in Chile.