Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2000, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Hawaii

Looking to (I hope) do one of those Infinity cruises to Hawaii in 02. Gosh, that seems like such a long wait. Actually I'd be happy to just try Infinity on one of their regular itins too :-) I hope in the future we can get a CM cruise on it??
Got my fingers crossed, lots of folks interested in this ship too.

Donnassei/Sealover
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2000, 08:31 PM
tra4

Default RE: Hawaii

we're doing Hawaii 11/01, but on RCCL's Vision of the Seas. Yes, definately tooooo long to wait!!! good luck on your search!
Old August 24th, 2000, 04:33 PM
Passenger

I have a cruise planned on the Infinity to Hawaii in April 2001. Really looking forward to this since I have not cruised on Celebrity before and never been to Hawaii. Can't wait.

Does anyone know which city (when we leave Honolulu) we will fly to? Is is Los Angeles, San Diego? Curious trying to plan a post-cruise on the West coast for a couple days .
Old August 24th, 2000, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Hi Dona,
I was checking into that same cruise and was told you fly back to Ensenada Mexico and take a 3 hour bus ride to San Diego, but I'd check again with your travel agent and make sure thats still the way they will do it. Heard its possible to just make a stop in Mexico and then go to San Diego. So far, haven't heard that they will do that. I too want to try Celebrity and may possibly go on Infinity in
02 to either Hawaii or the caribbean. Hope to hear about the cruise when you return :-)

Donnassei/Sealover
Old September 6th, 2000, 10:02 PM
Jerri

Hi, I just called Celebrity and asked about something I read on the messge board, regarding our 14 day cruise to Hawaii. What I read was Infinity might not be sailing in April. We are already booked for April 7,2001 and put down our deposit, as of now no one knows if she will be sailing, they are only taking reservations for the May sailing. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Let me know what they tell you.
Old September 6th, 2000, 10:07 PM
Admiral

Hi Jerri,
This is the first I've heard of this, hope you get to cruise to Hawaii. We were actually thinking about the April 17th one, but had a change of plans. You said Celebrity actually told you this?? Well, sure hope to hear soon.

Donnassei/Sealover
Old September 12th, 2000, 08:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

I am sailing soon, Oct 8th on the Vision Of The Sea on a 11 day Hawaii. I can't wait. It is getting really close now. We are going two days early staying in a hotel on Waikii Beach. Have a couple days to get use to the time chage before sailing. I will post more about the trip when I get back . Bye
Old September 12th, 2000, 09:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Brenda,
We did this cruise in 99 on the Rhapsody.. only Vancouver to Hawaii. Its a wonderful cruise, and I'd do it again in a flash.

And we just sailed the Vision last month in Alaska. Did a Virtual Cruise Report daily for CruiseMates.
It's a lovely ship.
Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
CruiseMates.com
Old September 13th, 2000, 05:53 PM
tra4

Brenda;
Please email me if you do a review. We are doing this cruise, Honolulu to Ensenada Nov. 2001. I'd love to read everything about it and the Vision. Have a great time!!! Which hotel are you at?
Tracey
MT10@worldnet.att.net
Old September 13th, 2000, 10:56 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Melanie

So you liked the Rhapsody cruise to Hawaii. I have found very few reviews of this ship and the Vancouver to Hawaii itinerary. We leave Saturday and I'm just wondering if you have any last minute advise or suggestions.
Old September 14th, 2000, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Hi Melanie,
Just in case you didn't read this review of Rhapsody by Kuki, same ship and itin, enjoy :-)

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/shiptour/memreviews/mr_RCI/rhapsody1.html>

Donnassei/Sealover
Old September 20th, 2000, 12:32 PM
Sharon and Will

Our TA told us we sail from Hawaii into Ensenada - and travel by motor coach up to San Diego. We fly out of San Diego.

Has something to do with the Ship's registry not being (of course!) American and since it is cruising Hawaii (U.S.), it must stop in a foreign port at some point (thus, Ensenada).

Whatever, sounds exciting to us and we're just happy to be booked!
Old September 23rd, 2000, 07:55 PM
Passenger

We are also booked on the April 7, 2001 cruise to Hawaii on the Infinity. I had heard rumors that Celebrity was not taking any more reservations for this cruise. Our travel agent called Celebrity and could not get any answer from them whether the ship was sailing or not. We are also eagerly awaiting any news on this ship.

Carolyn
Old September 26th, 2000, 01:24 PM
Sharon and Will

Jerri:

What did Celebrity have to say about the Infinity not sailing in April?
Old September 26th, 2000, 02:16 PM
Passenger

You know the Infinity starts it's first sailing in January. Surely if these rumors are correct, the people sailing before us would have heard something dont' you think!!!

Dona
Old March 12th, 2001, 01:31 AM
First Mate

We're on the Infinity sailing that starts in Hawaii on 3/28 and ends in Ensenada. We received our travel docs this week and we fly back from San Diego. Don't know if that means you will, or if it's just for convenience sake that we don't have to be bused all the way to LA. Enjoy your trip ... we'll try not to break anything!!

tom