Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 19th, 2000, 07:30 PM
jeanuk

Default from Vancouver to Hawaii

will be sailing Sept. from Vancouver to Hawaii, 5 days at sea before we reach the islands, just wondering what type of weather we can expect between Vancouver and Hawaii? also how is the Pacific ocean compared to the Atlantic and Caribbean? have heard its rougher with more motion felt, any truth in this? thanx for any info from all you Hawaii cruisers, jean uk
Sponsored Links
Old December 19th, 2000, 08:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default RE: from Vancouver to Hawaii

Hi Jean,
Yes, have heard that it could get a little rough from Vancouver to Hawaii. Always love cruising in the Caribbean because it is so calm. One of these days, we'd also like to do the cruise you'll be doing, enjoy all the islands.

Donnassei
Old December 26th, 2000, 10:07 PM
First Mate

Default RE: from Vancouver to Hawaii

Was on the Jubilee last year and am going on the Spirt this Fall. The first two days out of Vancover were very sloppy with some very high winds. Day three the sun came out, but the swells were still large enough that they could not keep water in the pool. Day four and five were pretty nice and it started to warm up some. The first few days the gift show did a great business selling coats and sweat shirts. With the high winds on the first couple of days few went out on deck at all.
Old February 28th, 2001, 11:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: from Vancouver to Hawaii

Hello Jeanuk. My wife and I will be on the same cruise. This is our first cruise so I
have no idea what the weather conditions are at that time of year in the Pacific. We
hope what you have been hearing is inaccurate. I hope to talk to you again before
we cruise.
Old May 27th, 2001, 04:26 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Anyone going on the Celebrity Mercury? My husband and I will be on the Sept. 28/01 cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii. I am a first time cruiser and a bit worried about rough weather and seasickness.
Lisa
Old May 27th, 2001, 04:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Lisa,
You may want to post on the "meet on board" here at Cruisemates and find some other Mercury cruisers:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/persin.cfm>

Here is also a section that deals with questions that first cruisers sometimes have, enjoy:

<http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/cruiseguide/first-time/index.cfm>

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host